Reviews for Familiar Faces
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
In the beginning, Gin could and would do anything for Rangiku. In the end, he sneaked and spied and fought (and many other things) for a memory. A very well-done look at their relationship. *applauds*
Cerulean Dust chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Aw man. This was really nicely written and broke my heart. I love how u didn't over do it with the usual 'and Mu soul was so fragile, like butterfly wings' cliche but it was enough to make me teary.

Really REALLY beautiful piece
XxUchiha SakuraxX chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
sooo good!
thayet9 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
The entire time I was reading this, I felt like I was reading a shocking article. the kind that gives you a bit of the subject, for example: happily playing polar bears or free and running cheetahs. It's cute and fun... and then you get to the part were they tell you all about the fact that they are about to fall of the face of the earth. It hurts to read and the end of this fic hurt like that; the kind of hurt you are glad you know but sorry that you know at the same time.

anyway hope that made sense to you and I wasn't just rambling (like I usually am). great writing full of emotion and all that jazz!
cy-grl chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Freaking amazing:)
Tellytubby101 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Oh man, I'm loving your Bleach stories; this one really struck a chord in me, tugged at my heartstrings. Sweetly poignant. Made me sad but in a happy-ish way? I enjoyed the read, even though it made me hate Gin a teeny bit.

From Tubby. :-)
Dior Crystal chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
A lovely story of a person's seeing her partner as perfect, and as the relationship progressed and he started to show his true colours, she finally sees the flaws in him

I felt sorry for Rangiku here, and it was obvious that Aizen wanted to keep the both of them apart since Rangiku is the one who kept him in line D:

The ending made me sad, but this is a very good story. Good work! :P
Purple Wox chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Aw...

This story makes me sad, sad for Rangiku, sad for Gin.

Mad at Aizen.

Thank you, I was touched. :)
Purple Popsicle chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
I almost broke down in tears at the ending

Their such a tragic couple and yet I love them

This is by far the most well-written GinRan fic ever

Very well made, I liked how you made the story, a rare trait seen in most authors

I do not have any criticsm in this lovely fic of yours, all I can say is keep writing and I will be looking forward in reading your other stories
MaryS-NJ chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Wow, this is great. Your story was recced by ManonLeChat over in the Bleach Asylum.

The dynamic between Gin and Rangiku has always intrigued me and I wonder how and when Gin because the man that he is, or is it due to Aizen that he let his inner sociopath out to play?

I can see this play out perfectly. Young love, great sex and how sometimes life can interfere and reality can tarnish our rose-colored glasses and put those gauzy images into harsher focus.

I have no criticism of this fic. Every word is well placed, the characters are spot on and it seems very real.
Ganimyde chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
What a nice fic! It has one thing it's looking at and follows it without distraction, but not to a point of being losing your interest.

There are so many nice little points on relationships, like how Matsumoto says it doesn't have to be fantastic, but just dull and simple be able to hold your heart by its strings. I loved that! There certainly isn't enough of that in the world, anyway, let alone fandom, and it was really refreshing to be reminded of that-that we don't have to go a mile a minute all the time. Yay-rah, you!

The story tackles a tricky to define subject (why exactly Matsumoto holds on to Gin, and how they worked so well together(well...as much as one can make Gin work well)). But it never seems confusing or convoluted; this is easy to understand and get along with.

Themes are continued well through the scenes of the story, and I liked seeing the cameos of all their friends; it really added to it. Aizen is a perfectly understated, tricky bastard, and that still burns me up, a day after reading it, but that means you did it right. Oh ho ho, the burning outrage! It's still got me! _

Rangiku's depressed moments don't last very long, and that's probably all right compared to the alternative. I felt that those parts weren't as succinctly described, and so a little bit harder to take realistically, but they weren't bad at all. Just something to think on. :)

When you think on the way that that society would hold her responsible for popping Gin one that day when Aizen came, OH, I could FEEL it. Such a nice setup...and such a realistic slip, but one that really defines the difference between "kid" and "adult" worlds in the Seireitei. That's the scene point that I'm still really thinking of that's just so cool.

I'm unsure-Is Matsumoto a vice-captain at the officer's party, with Gin getting promoted (and the New Year's one), or just a high ranking seat in a division? It would have been interesting to see a scene were she had been promoted to vice-captain, if that had occurred yet; I'd think it would be noteworthy to her and her goals, and therefore, the story.

Kubo really did a nice job of intertwining these five people so much that no matter how you try to look at it, it's messy, convoluted, and difficult to deal with emotionally. You managed to capture this strife, and the greif that went with it on Matsumoto's part, but at the end, she wises up and says (to some extent at least) 'good riddence to good rubbish'. I'm so glad, too. I never like seeing her be a weak woman; it's so unlike her...but everyone has their few things from their pasts that they can't, or that take the most time to, let go.

I find it interesting that you managed to pull that off without Hitsugaya appearing at all: without another person for her to hop to as emotional stability. Either way would have been interesting; this way makes it a different kind of accomplishment...but still leaves that gaping hole. Ouch.

It's also different to see a story that takes place entirely before the newest round of people show up (before Hitsugaya, before the Ryoka...what you would consider "the most immediate changes just before the cannon story, and IN the cannon story"). It had such an interesting flavor because of that. :D And I like it. ;)

It's good, though, when I go away from the story being proud of the character that wants to be liberated through the whole thing, and achieves it. Go Rangiku.

Thanks for putting this up, and working so hard to make it a good story.

~Ganimyde
Sayuri-Jen chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
( The ending was really heart-wrentching, and you wrote the whole thing (the deterioration of their relationship) well.

I can't say if what happened was for the best or not...

Damn Aizen.

Wonderful, sad conclusion.

Great job!

-Sayuri
The Undead of FF chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
my stomach plummetted after reading the end. That was just so sad! I hate those kind of endings, because they always depress me, but you put it so well that...i just absolutely love it. This is a great couple, and you did such a good job.

Lotsa love,

JJ
ChompChomp chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
I read your story before, but I didn't have an account back then. But anyways, I just wanted to say to you, that you did an amazing job and the last part really got me. I love this story and is one of the best out there for Gin and Rangiku. Much love and I hope to become a fascinating writer like you. )
Applecrow chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
0.0 This is by far the best ran/gin fic I've ever read and probably will ever read. I really hope you write some more rangiku/gin fics in the future. I'm so faving this! The last sentence just about killed me and gave me that heavy feeling you get after something shocking happens.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »