Reviews for An Unlikely Brotherhood
CakePOPBookBOX chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Wow
Tolkien'sInkwell chapter 9 . 8/10/2010
Wow. This is REALLY well done. I like the way the magic is combined with history and mythology - it kind of reminds me of Marion Zimmer Bradley's Avalon books (apologies if you don't know them . . . but it is a compliment). I hope you haven't abandoned this fic. I will put in on my Alert anyway ;)
safa'at keruth chapter 9 . 12/4/2009
Wow, this fanfic is one of the best I've ever read! You really captured the old-fashioned way of speaking in it, and I like how all four founders are somehow incorporated. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, please update soon!
twinklewind chapter 9 . 5/22/2008
Once again I find myself ensnarled in a fantastically conceived and written story, with intriguing characters that make me forget the homework and the stress, be it now or later when crappy marks arrive. So thanks. Salazar, very appealing, and Godric, forever changing, seeking. Rowena...quite interesting. Helga...I like how her last name is not Hufflepuff. Where are Salazar's original adversaries now? And his past?

I liked the end of Chapter 7, Salazar's parting words to Godric. “It’s a dangerous thing, Godric, using magic as a weapon. You find yourself on a very slippery slope, as killing and atrocities become easier and easier… Don’t lose yourself, Godric-lad.”

"Godric-lad." Quite fond.

And Rowena still wears Godric's apples. Hoping to hear more!
hem hem chapter 9 . 10/2/2007
well well well, interesting story. I like the way everything kind of remains a mystery.
Symbolist chapter 9 . 6/5/2007
Oh, excellent, another chapter! I only wish I had seen it sooner... how very interesting to make Rowena a temptress. This is so beautifully written, I'm anxious for the next chapter!
Thessaly chapter 9 . 5/18/2007
Golden apples...that sounds Norse but I can't place it. Either way, Rowena is fabulous. I like the fact that Godric somehow ended up being the only innocent one of the four, which is of course not at all what you would expect. I think everybody else would be tempted to turn Rowena into some silly Mercedes Lackey "girl finds magic!" blather; hearty congratulations for resisting if this was in fact ever a temptation.

Still and always good fun - keep it going!
Embellished chapter 9 . 5/13/2007
This chapter says a lot without saying it directly, which is one of the things I like best about your writing. The problem is that I'm not sure yet exactly what it is saying. I guess I'll just have to wait for more for it to become clearer. I am particularly intrigued by Rowena, who is not at all as I had pictured her originally. It will be interesting to see how she evolves as a character. Thanks for the update!
CrimsonReality chapter 6 . 5/11/2007
amazing
Symbolist chapter 8 . 3/18/2007
I hope you haven't stopped on this... it's brilliant. I love founderfic and this is the best one I've ever found. I know it's been four months since the last update... but please continue, this is really good.
Le Fay-fay chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
interesting... x
Fizzing-Whizbee-nz chapter 8 . 12/10/2006
This is a great story I hope there will be more of it soon.
Embellished chapter 8 . 11/28/2006
I'm not sure why I didn't get the notice of this chapter earlier, but better late than never, right?

What I like best about this chapter is that it really illustrates how one can't truly understand the horrors of war except by experiencing it first-hand, and that it is all too easy to have one's humanity sucked away by it. And you did all that in so few words!

Thanks for the update!
Ri-nee-chan chapter 8 . 11/28/2006
So where's Rowena? Great story though.

"Brotherhood" is one of my favourites. I like the style, the original plot and the lack of clichees and overused themes.

You are a very refreshing author. Thanks for writing!

Sincerly,

Rnc
Fenikkusuken chapter 8 . 11/27/2006
This was amazing. I am always in awe of the scenes you create with the bare minimum of words... and your ability to take us inside these character's heads.

Thank you.