Reviews for The Crowning of Alexander
lirio chapter 7 . 8/3/2009
o_o FUCK great fic
Tsuki of the Roselight chapter 7 . 6/26/2008
WONDERFUL! TRUELY AWESOME! You are seriously the best Alexander writer in this whole category! The ending was wonderful! I really love the whole Olympias and Hephaestion working together to protect Alexander!
Hope2spy chapter 6 . 6/20/2008
great story, keep up the great work. They do fit perfectly together, do they not?
CoralDawn chapter 7 . 3/15/2006
I just found this story and LOVED it! It's very very good and I am surprised that you say at the end that it's not one of your best.

You create a very believable scenario which I have not seen to date in Alexander fiction - that Hephaistion may have had some kind of involvement in Philip's death. The jury's still out as to who else - besides Pausinias - was involved and it's not too far-fetched to think that Hephaistion may have been. I am sure with the new marriage and possibility of "pure" Macedonian heirs, all who were close to Alexander lived in constant fear of him getting killed/disinherited. It would easy enough for Olympias to lure him to the darkside, since he too couldn't bear to think of harm coming to Alexander. Hephaistion's battles with his conscience, his fears of what Alexander would think, are very well-done. The love scenes in the last two chapters are also beautiful - Alexander's realization that his love for Hephaistion would not change, no matter what (and his acceptance that no matter what, Philip was doomed). I also liked the very end - with Alexander taking a very firm stand against his mother in favor of Hephaistion.

If I may offer one criticism, it would be the flashback chapter. I thought Philip was made unnecessarily cruel - would he really have choked his son to death? I felt you tried to justify why Hephaistion would be seduced into the plot by Olympias by making him remember how horrible Philip had been. IMHO, the story would be even stronger if Hephaistion's initial decision was based on the bloodthirsty realities of court life - that nice guys ended up dead. His protective instinct - (later in life during the Philotas affair) - would have made him realize it was either Alexander's life or Philip's sooner or later. I think you did get back to this reasoning in the last chapter with Alexander's silent musing.

Anyway, extremely well-done!
Bran chapter 6 . 1/30/2006
I like your story and I like that Hephaestion had a part in Phillips death. Though, im not a fan of Alexander being the bottom, though I'm willing to look past it ;)
Queendel chapter 7 . 1/28/2006
A beautiful conclusion to an excellent fic. I could kiss Alexander for his sensitivity towards Heph and the way he explained his behaviour due to his fears and insecurities...it was rational and realistic.

I also like the fact that instead of giving us more angst between Alexander and Heph for Heph's involvement in his father's death, you gave us understanding and allow to see through Alexander's thoughts that he knew that Heph was only protecting him as his father would have eliminated him if his new wife had given him a son. Alexander's confrontation with his mother as he further seek to protect Heph further showed his love.

Looking forward to more fics from you soon.
moon71 chapter 7 . 1/27/2006
I hope you got my review for Chapter 6, my computer is going a bit mental. Anyway, I loved this story and felt it got better and better as it went on. Instead of the angst which could have followed Alexander finding out about Hephaestion's guilt, you've given us a sensitive and quite believable conclusion and a very reasonable explanation for Alexander's behaviour in the last chapter. Don't ever be afraid to try something different - especially when it turns out like this!
angstman chapter 6 . 1/27/2006
HOT HOT HOT chapter... great work.. I glad that Alexander forgive Hephaistion...*sigh in relief**
moon71 chapter 6 . 1/26/2006
I am really enjoying this story! Personally I think it's the best one so far - Hephaestion may not be an angel in this but he acts with the best intentions and the characterisation of both him and Alexander is mature and well thought out. I really liked the way you handled the love scenes in this - not everyone's first time is hearts and fireworks, especially if you don't know what to expect, and I sensed a note of desperation between the lovers with Hephaestion's guilt and Alexander's worries coming between them. I've printed off a copy of the last chapter and will read it at lunchtime!
Queendel chapter 6 . 1/26/2006
I think this was a beautiful chapter filled with drama, desperation, love, passion and forgiveness. You could feel Heph's anxiety and despair as he rushed to try tosave King Philip's life, as he confronted Olympias, and how determined he was to still try to stop the assassination despite being ambushed and hurt. It showed great character.

I also like the fact that there were no secrets between the boys and Alexander realised that Heph knew about the plot and forgave him for any part in his father's death.

I found that the sex scene where Heph just did it, with no passion, was too harsh, even if Alexander pushed it to be so. However, you more than made up for this with the hot, passionate and erotic moments when Alexander took Heph. Alexander was most tender and considerate as he prepared Heph's mind and body. I like the fact that both boys took each other, even if one preferred to bottom or top. BTW, it also seems as if it was more painful for Heph to take Alexander...but then Alexander really used him, as 43 deep, long, thrusts are a lot.

A wonderful update. Post again soon.
moon71 chapter 5 . 1/25/2006
I have to say I'm really enjoying this story - I'm sorry I've taken so long to post a review, but part of it its that it's not showing on the main search so it took me a while to notice it! As far as Hephaestion being the "bad guy", well - the jury's still out in my brain as to whether Alexander had anything to do with his father's death, and I'd say the same for Olympias, with plenty of historical arguements for and against. If Alexander WAS involved, I think it would go without saying Hephaestion would have been too, and I think you also make a very convincing arguement for Hephaestion being involved without Alexander's knowledge. If he felt he had grounds, or if he thought he should do it for Alexander knowing Alexander could not face up to it, I'm sure the real Hephaestion would have been perfectly capable of conspiracy! After all, assassination seems to have been a big part of the Macedonian political system, and Alexander did dispose of a few relatives when he came to power. At any rate, we're here to speculate on ideas because we can't stick to the facts when we don't have them, so carry on regardless!

I particularly loved the love scenes in this fic, especially in the flashback, but also where Hephaestion's guilt and indecision is plaguing him and getting in the way of his relationship with Alexander. So how's it all going to end?
koalared chapter 5 . 1/24/2006
Hephaestion always will at least try to do the right thing. He is much to honorable not to. As much as it shouldn't sometimes that leaves you in a bad spot. He just loves Alexander truly and purely.
Queendel chapter 5 . 1/24/2006
It is very distressing to see Heph burdened like he is...in such emotional turmoil, and now trying desparately to right what he thinks is a wrong to save his beloved from heartbreak. I hope that Heph gets his opportunity to persuade Pausanius not to go on with the plot, even if he is unsuccessful.

I like the tender sexual moments between the two boys as they slowly give themselves to each other, building up to the ultimate moment.

Until...
MLygia chapter 4 . 1/23/2006
About the observations regarding the feedback that you are receiving on your story, I would like to answer the following:

“…that the idea of Hephaestion helping set up the attempt of Philips doesn’t seem to be liked’ “

Yes, that is so. In my opinion, the main reasons behind the actions of Phillip and Olympia were of political order and their actions were guided much more by the need of establishing strong political alliances than for plain cruelty or drink excess. (Phillip) or for jealousy or pure maternal love (Olympia)

So the question is: Is the idea just not liked, or, is it disliked so much that it shouldn’t be read?

It’s just not liked ( the idea). I, certainly, will continue reading, because I like the story and the way by which you are telling it. Hug
Kitten chapter 4 . 1/22/2006
I like Philip being potrayed as the drunken, abusive type. And the flashback gives us some insight as to why Hephaistion was asked to help conspire against Philip.

Personally, I love the idea of Heph helping Olympias. It's great to see a twist on the traditional do-gooder Hephaistion for a change.