Reviews for Newspaper Word Cutouts
riskinglife chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
wonderful fic...loved elegant writing.
HotChilliGriffin chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
This was so great! "And Sawyer wonders if he were to fall over dead that maybe then, maybe, as long as she holds the dagger, the cyanide, the noose, the trigger, his heart, that maybe she could love him too." That actually brought tears to my etyes, it was so beautiful and sad.
Princess of Amethyst chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
I like it in the end, when James and Kate talk about the simplest thing, why he got deported from Australia, and you say that ''he could call it a start''... It made me think that all beginnings should be simple as that, and that if two ppl can talk about something so simple in a natural and unforced way like James and Kate do here, they are really meant to be around each other, as friends or as lovers.
La Flamingo chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Frickin'-for lack of a more vivid word-fantastic. Your prose is some of the best and most layered I've read in a long time, and the little stories themselves-newspaper clippings indeed-are incredible and succinct in their own right.

I'm jealous. And certainly floored.

Thanks for the great story,

Dulcedecorumest chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
I've reviewed this before but it's just so great, I had to review again and ask for MORE. xxDulce
dulcedecorumest chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
WOW. That was some deep *ish*. Must compose thoughts and will review properly later. Seriously, though, why hadn't I heard about this before!
She's a Star chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Wow, I really have no idea where to begin. This was absolutely incredible - raw and striking and completely captivating. Your Sawyer characterization is perfect beyond comprehension, and the way you captured the Sawyer/Kate dynamic and the interworkings of the Sawyer/Kate/Jack triangle . . . utterly flawless. This is such a beautiful piece. Thank you.
Elpheen chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
wow. I was a bit uncertain as to whether I would carry on reading at the beginning, but you've truly managed to capture the essence of Sawyer. I think I can finally say that I understand him. This fic was beautifully written, and there are no better words I can use to praise it.
mana chapter 1 . 3/14/2006
wow, this story was amazing. i loved your use of Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek", it's an amazing song and fit the way the story was written perfectly. Very insightful and very well written, i loved the way it just flowed.
Lost Kiwi chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
Wow, what an excellent story. You really got right into Sawyer's head and made great use of style and language to protray his thoughts and feelings. I really felt myself aching for him in parts! Excellent writing, I eagerly await more from you :)
pucktofaerie chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
Whoa. Spiffy insight into Sawyer's character. You seem to have a scary knack for this sort of thing. Keep up the great work...
tocks chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
“Why won’t you let me in?” she whispers, shaky breath, trembling fingers.

He looks her in the eye, and he speaks without thinking. Bad habit, bad fucking habit.

“Because you’ll eventually want to be let back out.”

Wow. Most powerful lines I've read in a while. Still lovin' the work.
Lou29 chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
I'll agree with the others and say... wow!

this is haunting and hypnotic, It's the first I read from you and I am amazed. Bravo!
cass chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
wow. just wow.
Lynn chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Beautifully introspective. I love your descriptions and your way with words. Your sawyer is awesome, and your observations about him, and the relationships between the three of them, are spot on. Brilliant.