Reviews for Love and Other Accidents
Sheila Majczan chapter 11 . 2/22/2017
I hope Will can stop payment on that check...but glad it all came out before a marriage! And you go girl, Jane...didn't know you had it in you...but he deserves that and more.

Thanks for this chapter.
Sheila Majczan chapter 10 . 2/22/2017
Tense! Lots of issues up in the air. Is Darcy hunting down "the Wick with a Dick" to castrate him?
Sheila Majczan chapter 9 . 2/22/2017
Good chapter...loved Caroline yelling that Will does NOT love Lizzy. Lots of good scenes with sexual tension!

Thanks.
Sheila Majczan chapter 8 . 2/22/2017
Wow, that song just squeezed my heart and my eyes are blurry. Gotta make a girl think...and feel and wonder?

Thanks for a great chapter but Lydia - look out!
Sheila Majczan chapter 7 . 2/22/2017
Great...Thanks for the chapter - I can't seem to close this down...just keeping reading. Loved Colonel Fitzwilliam in canon and he continues to be a dear under your hand!
Sheila Majczan chapter 6 . 2/22/2017
Ah, poor Jane - the agony of abandonment! Caroline - go to Hell!

Lydia - still so thoughtless and stealing other's clothes...like Kitty's bonnet in canon.

Thanks for the chapter.
Sheila Majczan chapter 5 . 2/22/2017
BTW: forgot to say...how crass, mean and spiteful Mrs. Bennet is with the names for her twins! Jane Elizabeth II...What evil soul does that? Right there you want to strangle her!

All kinds of feelings bouncing off people here with misinterpretations. And Wickham trying to do her up against the wall in the Ladies Room? I mean, Ewwww! Gross! and Double Gross!
Sheila Majczan chapter 4 . 2/22/2017
And...it all falls into place. Rape...wouldn't put it past a Wickedhead-type character. Thanks for the chapter.

Do...introduce him to Caroline...please.
Sheila Majczan chapter 3 . 2/22/2017
Congratulations...I am sure others have commented on a job well done. Not many can transfer canon to a modern day setting and keep so well to the script without shouts of "mimicry". Totally enjoying this story with the nice long chapters. Very creative! Thank you.
Sheila Majczan chapter 2 . 2/22/2017
So we are at it again...insults but a "love-at-first-sight" for Bing and Jane. Well done. Darcy does have his attitude going all over again. Thanks for a delightfully amusing chapter.
Sheila Majczan chapter 1 . 2/22/2017
Claudine sent me the link to this story, saying that there was a lot of talk about it online. So I am onboard to read this today. I do love P&P variations. Thanks for writing.
Poiuytreza chapter 19 . 12/12/2016
Hey!
Considering this story is finished for more than 10 years, I’m not sure my review is very useful, but just in case, I post it ;-)

First, be sure that I’ve loved reading your story, until the epilogue… For the first 14 chapters, you developed a storyline very original and thrilling, for a modern AU of Pride and Prejudice. Among a lot of details, I love how you transformed the Pemberley magnificent house into a nearly bankrupted estate that the Darcy siblings try to save, and how you developed your secondary characters: with your writing Giana and Fitz became more substantial respectively as a shy teen girl who tries to show responsibility to a brother who still see her as a kid needing his protection, and a loving cousin who conceals his sensibility and wisdom behind wit and jokes. The dynamic between Lizzy and Darcy was nice too, as they were both stubborn like hell, but admitting their faults to each other and trying to improve things as they could when needed.

And I think that’s why I had so much trouble with the epilogue. Whereas you developed and even created subtle and likeable characters, they are just all caricature of themselves in the 5 last chapters:
-Maggie and Bingley are transparent and stereotypical.
-the proud, decisional and benevolent Darcy is described by his loved ones as a disdainful commander who doesn’t care about the others’ feelings (and honestly I didn’t see that in his any of his position or action), and he acts like a puppy, fearing his girlfriend/mistress blame, being chastened when he tries to have some initiative (from the surprise invitation to the chair holding) and beaming with happiness when she tells him she loves him but lets him anguish by refusing all sign of engagement (Will lost all self-respect in this relationship where he sacrificed even his own taste to please his emasculating girlfriend, pathetic!).
-the witty and teasing Lizzy is seen by everyone as the perfect girlfriend / sister / friend / cousin who is going to save everyone from the big bad Darcy whereas she acts like bipolar mad woman, going from saying that Will is the best man she knows and how much she loves him to bitching him publicly because he didn’t guess what she was thinking (without giving him any clue, of course), she transformed Will in her puppet while she gives nothing of herself (no promise to a common future, no support in his difficult dealing with his family…) and hides her lack of commitment behind cruel teasing. The unconditional support she receives from Will’s family and friends is beyond my understanding considering her hot and cold behavior (even without her craziness on Christmas night).
-the growing up and loving Giana turns to be a complete teen brat, accusing others for not taking blame for her own responsibilities, forgetting all kind respect to her brother who took whole care of her since he was 19 (younger than Giana is in the epilogue…) and using him as her own emotional punching ball telling him how horrible it is to live with him and never making amends for her odious behavior (all I wanted to do was to spank her like a troublesome kid and send her into her room until she was able to act like the adult she pretended to be, and I definitely don’t understand why none of the other character did anything to put her in her place and make her face her own mistakes).
-the funny and likeable Fitz is even worse as he acts like a spoiled child and all his teasing manners has become cynical and cruel jokes to make his cousin feeling as bad as possible. Honestly I don’t understand why he became so petty and nasty to a relative he pretended to care for when they stayed at Rosing less than two years prior (and before all the improvements that the relation between Will and Lizzie is supposed to have caused)… Does his wife tell him in private to be more like Will, so that he became jealous and hateful, trying to make his cousin the big villain?
Frankly, only Jane seems to have evolved for the better in this epilogue.
Jimmy asked how the couple Lizzy/Will could go on… I asked myself the same question, but for the exact opposite reasons!

So I really loved your story (good writing, excellent plot, loving characters…), but I really didn’t like the epilogue. I think I will let a few months pass, and read again the first 14 chapters to keep only the part I liked in mind.
I wish you a good continuation!
Lolawants chapter 16 . 5/30/2016
You generally write very well, but your characterizations could use work. My biggest complaint is that you've turned Elizabeth Bennet into a Mary Sue and rendered her somewhat unlikeable. She doesn't have many flaws and what could be construed as flaws aren't called out by other characters (as it's done with Darcy in your story) or upon her own self-reflection (as it's done in the book). I really enjoyed the beginning, skimmed through most of the middle and couldn't finish the epilogue.
kalizivis chapter 19 . 5/18/2016
Loved, loved, loved this story! I resisted it for so long bc I tend to like the period fanfics but this was excellent and well adapted to the modern era! Great story and writing. I would have liked to know mire of what happened between lizzy and her ex fiancée but it was a huge factor.
kalizivis chapter 14 . 5/16/2016