Reviews for Aversion: Fangs Bared By Moonlight
I honesty don't think Rydia would snap on him like you interpret it
Wow Rydia talked to him first and she just totally snaps on him
lapaxlove chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
I love how the emotions of anger seem so real for rydia, and poor kain though..feel bad for him
Jenneh chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Love this story. While many fans/players don't think it's "fair" that Rydia is able to instantly forgive Cecil but not Kain for killing her mother, we tend to forget that she had years and years to dwell on his betrayal in Fabul. It's easier to blame someone we don't like than someone we like - her transferring blame from Cecil to Kain for her mother's death may not be fair, but it makes a lot of sense for her character.

Anyway, wonderful characterization of the two.
CSOmega chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Nice story, but I don't think Rydia would hate Kain then forgive Golbez (considering that while both were controlled they both betrayed Cecil).
Ainahim Twilightbait chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
I am in awe right now. This characterization of the two is fabulous. Absolutely fabulous, and downright believable, but never really addressed otherwise in fanfictionland. Wow. You are awesome.
Monie chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
Wow, Misty-sama. That left me stunned; even as Kain had been in the game, the betrayer and withdrawn companion, this is a side of him I’ve never seen. And the animosity so expressed by Rydia and her terse replies is enough to leave the reader numb. At least me. Heh. Regardless if they never ‘find closure’, it’s something that needed to be said, I think. As much as he was brainwashed and things, I don’t feel sorry for Kain. I never have. ~_~ Just kinda left me in a quiet understanding that I doubt they'll ever patch up things. It was Rydia's last line, before she left that struck me: "And I will never be your friend!" It's so final. Just too bad for him.

This was great. Thanks for pointing this to me... finally... heh, j/k girly. _~
DTitania chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
I can only repeat what other reviewers have already said: a very good and believable look at Rydia and Kain with good characterization. I fully agree with your view concerning Rydia's feelings towards the dragoon. Keep writing! :)
Reddo Meijisu chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
As I said, your Rydia has the best characterization that I've ever come across. Your interpretation of both her and Kain in this fic does both of them justice.

If Kain and Rydia were to have any sort of plausible post-game interaction, I'd say it would have to start from here. I don't expect Rydia to be so forgiving with the whole "Oh! He was just under mind control! Silly Kain!"-bit like Cecil and Rosa were. It'd be quite hard to readily forgive someone who killed their parent, and wanted to kill her next, mind control, her aging in the LotSM, or not.

Great job!

- April
Jukar chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
This is the only way it can happen, people.

I love your Rydia, and your Kain comes across better than most. He's not all "OMG I AM A DARK AND MISUNDERSTOOD SOUL!1". You aren't playing to fanservice, you are playing to realism and honoring the spirit of the characters very well.

And anyone who disagrees is just wrong.
Sonnie chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
I DID notice the lack of Kain/Rydia interaction; given that they've impacted each others' lives significantly (in my opinion), they hardly spoke and it should have at the very least been alluded to that they had something to say.

I like Kain/Rydia, possibly because it's doomed to never start at all. I never found it "cute." I like the idea because there's already so much in the way of complications they'd have to sidestep. And no, it wouldn't be easy to maintain or even start, but I've always found it offers so much more than any other pairing in the series.

Edge/Rydia is too easy (despite their "spats" I don't find it nearly as engaging or interesting). You're skilled; I hope you decide to give a Kain/Rydia a go, though you probably won't. But while I feel they both need resolution, I don't know if I liked the way it went in your fic. To me, I found it both unlikely and likely, unlikely in that it's so extreme and not-quite-Rydia, but likely in that it's believable given the circumstances. I don't know, it just doesn't make me feel right, though it's personal preference over objectivity.
Kyuunen chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
I'm glad to see an influx of FFIV fics along with the rerelease of the game on GBA. I'm a little miffed by the small amount of fics, but pleased to see that a majority of them are of good quality.

Like you, I'm more than a little confused by the RydiaxKain pairing. I don't say that it's impossible, but I surmise the relationship would have to have started from this point. Your fic makes a nice point about a subtle detail from the game. It's not overdone, but you're still able to convey the right feelings.

~Keep writing!

Kyuu
roseneko chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
Very nicely done. Unlikely pairings are a bit of a pet peeve of mine, especially when they're done without even any attempt to justify them canonically. I really like this, though...it's different, and I can certainly see it happening. An anti-pairing, of sorts. )
Vitanova Hayabusa chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
Hey, very good observation. I never really thought about the lack of interaction between Kain and Rydia. Which is strange, because I have played FFIV many times. It was cool to read this because it fit the story well.
CrissCrossedHaiku chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
Hey! I enjoyed this. I myself am a Kain/Rydia writer, but I enjoy your take on their relationship. ;) There was a lot of emotion in here, I liked it, it practically leapt off the page. Excellent execution all around.