Reviews for For a Change
Razell chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Great story! I didn't know the name of Selvetarm's sword, so that's useful. My character is a chitine and a worshiper, though not a cleric, of Selvetarm, so this helps me get some idea of his thought processes for my own story. If only he was redeemed, saved somehow, but happy endings are rare in D&D.

Once again, I loved the story!
Athalanta chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Your weird lights are pretty. I like the weird lights, hereby I proclaim them canon :))
Varthen chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
It's both interesting and rare to see a fanfiction based on the gods of FR themselves and I must say I enjoued this one. This obviusly took a lot of study to develop and was obviously worth doing so as well.
hakatri chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
So well researched! I'm very impressed.

Because of all the new details I found it hard to follow at times, but the insight into the affairs of Gods was certainly interesting.
The Eromancer chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
wow, this is great. There are so few people who can properly articulate how the gods behave. Not only that you consistanty never forget a single one that needs to be named or in this case, un-named.

Please give another chpater! This is great!
crushingsky chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
I liked it. Well researched. I would like to see how you write the priests of these gods. It was a bit clunky in some parts though, the plot moved in fits and starts. While I was interested in everything written in the story, there were certain parts that didn't serve the plot and loose ends that looked promising but weren't followed up on. I'm a fan of the FR pantheon, the seldarine and drow gods in particular. I think you wrote them well enough and pretty faithfully. As far as playing with and expanding FR canon, this one suceeds pretty well. As far as an actual story goes though, I was left unfulfilled. There should be a certain ratio of time spent on exposition and sidebars to plot development and character growth. You shouldn't have spent as much time as you did on the first part of the ratio unless you were setting the pieces for a much longer story. It's still pretty cool though. Keep writing! And one other bit of advice, you may want to rewrite "Stupid son of a stupid mother". It's kind of corny. A god, even a celestial, would be more vicious than that. :D Have Fun!
Lord Onisyr chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
I reviewed this on LE, but just had to say something here: I am very glad to see someone writing about the drow panthon in a major way. Also, this expands on so many characters that a lot of fiction doesn't focus on, which is great. I also must applaud your knowledge of the Forgotten Realms. Few people take the time to do the research and few seem even interested in anything besides the surface stuff. This story was very well written and very intelligent.
ambit chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
I really like this. It's well-written, and the content is quite new, as I don't think I've seen a Selvetarm-based fic here before. Hope to see more in future.