Reviews for Not One to Settle
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
"I told her- I told her he would've said I still had one husband left, and he wouldn't have wanted me to grieve over him forever." Perfect! Well done!
Sertinel chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Hey, hey, hey... You did NOT just leave it there? Come back here and finish it the proper way!I want to know what happened between them! Please come back!
abelard chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
I really really love this story. It's so right that Mal and Zoe have this talk - really a talk-before-a-talk - in the midst of figuring out a way to save one of their crew. I have recently become a huge fan of Mal/Zoe fics, ranging from friendship to romance, and this delivered on all fronts. Great job - please write more along these lines!
Raiining chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
Huh - very interesting. I think you did a very good job, mostly because the actual romantic part between the cap'tn and Zoe was kept to a minimum. The majority was setting the scene, saying how things have changed ... it was really good!

And I hope they get Simon back. :-D
fanficgeek chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
I love Mal/zoe as long as the two stay somewhat in character. I'm one of those who thinks that had the series been allowed its due course we would have found out Mal and Zoe had been more than just war buddies in the past. Alas, we shall never know. Good start, please continue.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
Hmm.. Zoe/Mal is an interesting concept and you really fleshed out their changing relationship very well. I like your writing style and I hope the next chapter will be up soon?
lr2jmbm.com chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Mal & Zoe, huh? Well, I'm intrigued. I like your writin' sytle. ;-) Love to know more about how Inara & Mal "buried the hatchett"... maybe another story.

Please continue! I'd like to find out how they rescue Simon. (BTW, it is Alliance, not Academy as in your next to last paragraph). Cheers!
Melpomene blue chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Very good. Excelent voices for all involved. You've got a good grasp of the intricacies of their characters and the bonds between them. And although Kaylee's seems a little off, if she's pregnant it would make sense - women's personalities can do a complete 180 at such times. But I don't know... Mal and Zoe? (Yeah, I know it was one of the stipulations.) I guess I'm just so in love with Wash and Zoe I can't like much else.

Now all you need to do is follow through with the storyline you've created so well here. You've got me very interested to learn more.
WindsHeart chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Ilove I love! Once again you've written a wonderful story! The characterization is perfect and your dialect is just right- not too much, not too little, and not like your trying too hard. I don't usually read Mal/Zoe but you introduce it and write it like it's the only thing that could possibly happen with these two. Three cheers and much adoration! :)

WindsHeart

P.S Can I link this to my LiveJournal when I get around to creating that page featuring favourite fics too?
Surplus Imagination chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
I like it. The story has a nice flow and an almost sing-song feel to it. The setup is well done. I look forward to your future updates.
dedanaan chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
I liked this story. It was an interesting balance of angst and hope all rolled into one. I felt so bad for Kaylee and River and glad that Mal was so strong for everyone, even if it stretched him. I also liked the promise of his conversation with Zoe.