Reviews for It's Already Over
Suttee chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Thanks for the reply! Good of you to mention this piece. For a moment I was afraid that you've killed Kenshin off... my that would really cut the story short by... a lot! Hmm I do agree that Shishio is stronger than Kenshin on the overall (oiled swords, exploding gloves and Yumi as a distraction don't count as skills to me), although it's hard to tell he's stronger just by how he knocked Kenshin out cold, since many people have managed to do it (including Aoshi, a drunk's teacup and Shura's lackey with a blowdart...) Anyway he's going to get up again stronger than ever just because he's the main character (or maybe as Hiko said, Kenshin can only learn by "experiencing" a move...?)

You did an awesome job in 100 words. Shishio's scorn of Kenshin as a hypocrite is perfectly spot-on and his disappointment is palpable. Now that you've mentioned it it's striking how similar they are, too... thanks for the enjoyable fic!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Hm... I can't believe I haven't visited your profile! (No, maybe I did). Anyhow, great fic. Here, you showed Shishio's belief that he's on the right but not at all justifying it. Not so much different with Kenshin. (Although we all know that Kenshin was not really afraid of change but just realized something he thought was wrong.) You also showed here how Shishio sorta "slaps" Kenshin with his past actions. Tsk tsk. Really very interesting perspective!:P
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Great job with this little piece! A good look into Shishio's thoughts during that pivotal scene :) The imagery is quite striking. The "blizzard of blood and burned bones," the "true demon, that the shadows can no longer hold." Rather chilling :)

I don't think it was a pathetic attempt at all... I can't do these 100-word fics to save my life, and I admire people who can fit everything in such a condensed form.
shara gurl chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
I really love this (i loved the earlier post too though) great insight into Shisho's mind.
White Rabbit Tale chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
NOT a pathetic attempt, a victorious attempt. Really, this is an EXCELLENT delve into Shishio's mind. You have the tone and force of his words perfectly...almost TOO perfectly...lol.

My favorite line is, "If it takes me a blizzard of blood and burned bones, so be it, I shall have my world."

It really emphasized how far Shishio would go to get what he wanted, and really how much he didn't CARE what he had to sacrafice, as far as others.

It's interesting to think that Kenshin could have been put in the same situation as Shishio had things worked out differently for both. It puts the whole nature vs. nurture debate on the table, but THAT's for another time.

I do think that the description of what's going on could also be told in Shishio's mind. Hm...I'm thinking about this...though the 3rd person adds a sort of pause that might be necessaty to highlight the last line...I don't know, but I do know that I like this piece a lot.

And I'm not just saying that!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
This is a great moment to capture from Shihsio's POV. I loved the lines, "If it takes me a blizzard of blood and burned bones, so be it, I shall have my world. So we are not altogether different..." That last remark is chilling and yet surprisingly true when one strips away the cause. Kenshin may seem nicer and have better intentions but he was just as ruthless in his "glory days."
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
Ah, finally getting around to reading your things. Sorry to keep you waiting, but I've been away for a while, and there's always so much on which to catch up.

Humor you, neh? Well, others have already said so, but you did have Shishio's character pinned well. An interesting choice of a simile: blizzard of blood and bones, interesting in its manipulative queasiness it brings to me, and interesting because it seems like words the seld-admitted villian would have chosen.

It doesn't seem like a pathetic attempt, either. I've already said I'm not certain I'm brave enough to attempt a 100-word fic myself. Only one hundred words to tell a story? Restraint is not my strong point in writing. You did a good job indeed.
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Every sentence is so filled with imagery and the twisted logic of Shishio, this was truly fascinating.

I especially liked the line,

'I am the true demon that the shadows can no longer hold.' a clever way of referring to the job position they both held...and yet, Shishio was the bloodthirsty demon, and not Kenshin.

In 100 words exactly! That's just awesome. Love it.
anaemicfaeries chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
This is an excellent 100 word fic! You really have Shishio's character down to perfection. Great imagery.

'a blizzard of blood and burned bones' Very very fitting... But Shishio, Shishio. *shakes heads* looks like you were counting your chickens before they were hatched... _
Jasmine Reinier chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
I don't usually read Shishio-centered ficcies (because, quite frankly, people SUCK at writing him IC) but this was AWESOME! - All of the words fit perfectly together, and I can IMAGINE the Hell that is Shishio's ideal world. _ Amazing job.

Jazzy (Ryuu-chan)
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
*blinks* i should be in bed, but i had to check this out and review it first:) nice job... i really like the imagery... (and it is NOT a "pathetic attempt," it's an excellet ficlet:D Nice job:) (and i'm flattered that the idea partially came from any of MY work;) thanx!

*smiles, waves and wanders off to bed for REAL this time*

sirius:)
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Very eloquent rendition of Shishio's POV!

His contempt of Kenshin came through loud and clear, as in the line: "Afraid of change, you cling to this alien era" and it also shows Shishio's shortsightedness. Kenshin is anything but afraid of change since he fought on the Ishin Shishi's side to topple a corrupt regime, but Shishio refuses to see anyone else's viewpoint as valid.

That tunnel vision, and lack of compassion are what made him so scary of a villain.

You described him really well!
sueb262 chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
I can really hear Shishio saying these things. I wish there were more IC Shishio-centric fics-I think he's an extremely interesting character and deserves more exploration!
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Shishio's determination comes across very strongly in this. He's willing to kill and kill in order to achieve his world, just as Kenshin did - an intriguing concept.