Reviews for Insanity
Megan Consoer chapter 7 . 6/19/2010
Megan Consoer chapter 8 . 12/31/2008
prisca419 chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
I saw this story on SS and tried to review but they kept saying that the site was forbidden. Well I guess now I get to. I will try to duplicate the very, very long review. Please read it as I would like to hear from you, your idea is unique if not a little un-researched. You are creative, though.

Before I start I will assure you that nothing that I say is meant in malice it is simply a helpful critique on the quality of your writing and the accuracy of your story. This is simply meant to be informative.

Have you ever read anything on serial killers? I myself have read extensively on this subject. It has always interested me and my mother, having a Masters in psychology, has helped me in my quest. In fact after I tried to review you on SS I went and read some more on some I had missed last time. It left me so thoroughly terrified that I had trouble sleeping that night in a house all alone. Serial killers are not something funny, they are not something you can understand either. After thousands of interviews and years of research psychologists still have no idea what makes them tick. A serial killer could be anyone, your neighbor’s nice husband, the mailman, the shy teenager who checks you out in the grocery store. One fact is, though, they are all men. Not in the entire history of people has there been a female serial killer. There have been female mass murderers, but a mass murderer is very, very different from a serial killer. A mass murderer usually chooses his type of victim and plans how to killer them, they have a motive, it is pre-meditated murder. They stick to a chosen pattern and follow it; they are quite easy to catch as opposed to a serial killer. A serial killer has no motive, they kill on impulse. They don’t plan or even know they are going to kill, the strangest thing may set them off, from a person brushing their hair back to opening a door. They have no chosen victim, though often a preferred type, the Green River Killer killed over 60 prostitutes because his religious mother had taught him they were immoral. Also Ed Gein’s mother taught him that all women were immoral and filthy, he collected female body parts and made furniture and clothing from female skin (Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs was modeled after Ed Gein.).

Usually they are born normal, usually, they are healthy kids and then something happens. NO one knows what this is, often until they are a young child they behave the way they should, sometimes it is an external thing that happens. Jeffery Dhammer was sexually molested by his neighbor. Ted Bundy however, seemed just normal, if a bit lazy; and then his girlfriend dumped him. For the next 10 years he brutally raped and murdered hundreds of women, the police found 37 bodies but according to Bundy himself the count is well in the hundreds. It wasn’t for revenge, his girlfriend and he got back together and they were married verbally in Florida before his death.

The one thing that they all share however, which also happens to be more terrifying than Satan himself is that they have no conscience. They cannot feel guilt for what they are doing. In the same way because the conscience is a big part of your spirit they also cannot receive the Lord. They are less than human. Another terrifying thing about them is that they do not recognize death. They cannot tell when the soul has departed from the body, the difference between death and life is not recognizable to them. Also, they often do not even remember what happened. Richard Macek was driving home from the hardware store where he had gone to get some supplies to fix something when he can to a “fork in the road,” on an impulsive urge he turned left instead of right. He ended up in a hotel parking lot, got out of his car, walked through a back door into a room and brutally raped and killed a cleaning lady he then continued to torture her body. After a while he got up, left, went home, and didn’t remember a thing until the doctors at the prison put him under hypnosis. This is only one story out of many. Many skeptics and doctors discharge this fact because they don’t want to admit that they are not God, but serial killers a demon possessed. One serial killer often woke everyone in the asylum up while he convulsed in his bonds on the bed screaming “They’re biting me! They’re biting me!” only for the doctors to find thousands of vicious bite marks all over his body. The same thing happened to Schuman, a composer, witnessed by his wife.

They also are more often than not very nice people, no arrests, or bad impressions, nothing of the like. They way strike people as a bit odd, but on the whole they are well liked. Ed Gein ran a daycare and every one in town loved the shy bachelor. They never suspected that he was mutilating the corpses of their loved ones or that he was killing women for their skin. John Wayne Gacy was well loved; he was a good husband, a good son and a good neighbor. And yet they found the bodies of over 15 young attractive men buried in his basement. They are also extremely intelligent and have a knack for getting into places guarded against just that. Do not make light the seriousness of this subject.

In reference to your story, it is reasonably written. You are obviously creative to have come up with a subject like that if you are a little mistaken in those assumptions. Your biggest flaw is your lack of research; you mistook an insane mass murderer for a serial killer; there is a big difference. From the style of your writing I would say that you are in your teens, most of what I wrote during my early and mid teens I couldn’t read without blushing at the dark and corny things I wrote. I still immensely enjoy reading through my old diaries and writing something new in them after a half a year, a year. It is always so amusing how I manage to write about how immature I was earlier on and then proceed to write something so immature it hurts.

If I were able to give you any writing advice I would say to stop creating worlds for the time being and use ones already created so as not to stretch your creativity to where it burns out too easily. Doing that was a strain for me but afterward it greatly improved my writing. Even taking the story you have up and changing some things, mainly names, would permit you from having to disclaim everything. Owning your own work is far more satisfying than having to give the creative rights to someone else. You could even start with something as simple as writing short children’s stories for you sibling/children/cousins/nieces or nephews. This part near impossible for me because I like to describe and you cannot describe much in a children’s book or you will lose their interest, you have to focus on pure plot. I would also encourage you to research your subjects. Historical Fiction is another good exercise. By writing according to things that have happened in the past, you are confined to the strict barriers of fact while given the freedom to create a person to experience the well laid plot. I myself haven’t written anything on here because I enjoy creating my own characters and stories far too much to use those of other authors.

I think this is enough for now. Once more, this is not meant to be harsh in any way, only to inform and help. I am not some English teacher whiting to criticize people for their lack in their writing, I am merely a University student weighed down by too much free time and not enough homework. Spring Break is the epitome of evil.

I wish you luck in your writing.
Inuforlyf chapter 7 . 3/25/2007
HA, so that was what heat was. I thought they were two different things. To think that ur in heat every month. And don't forget bloataion. And the cravings and... let me stop. It was real good
shweeps chapter 7 . 3/25/2007
wow i love this fic please update soon

shweeps

-x-
eternalwhimsy chapter 7 . 3/25/2007
cool chapter. keep writing.
Nyphetamine chapter 3 . 3/17/2007
I like the story- Kagome makes it interesting. But everything has flaws...

Whil it's creative and good, I think Kagome should have more... narrative. A first person view doesn't have to be all ramblings and words. The person will observe their environment, so why don't you have Kagome describe things to us? I understand if you don't, because each author has their own writing style. But I just think that it would make the story less confusing, and it would help you get really long chapters easier.

But overall, this is a good story! Keep writing, I'm going to go finish what you have so far.

Thanks for writing!

-Nymph
the reluctant reviewer chapter 6 . 3/15/2007
OMFNG!WTF!OMG!UPDATE SOON
eternalwhimsy chapter 5 . 11/6/2006
i like the story so far.
Megan Consoer chapter 5 . 9/24/2006
XoXoRoses-N-KissesXoXo chapter 5 . 9/19/2006
well i have read all five chapters and i being the way i am like every chapter so update soon
a-Lost-Cause-317 chapter 5 . 9/14/2006
Hey "Dont mess with the Bitch on Meds " is one of MY favorite games too ... Along with " Dont mess with the Bitch with cramps " ... Great chapter ... In the next chapter Kagome should Be reintroduced too her friend Medication ... Like she should find them in her pocket or something and they should make her into thyis Loopy Killing machine ... Great chapter Update soon ...
a-Lost-Cause-317 chapter 4 . 7/16/2006
Hey I absoulutly love the story update soon
Raja crimson hunter chapter 4 . 6/19/2006
keep it the way its going and update! lol
GoddessogChaos chapter 4 . 6/16/2006
awsome! please update soon, this keeps getting better and better.