Reviews for The Code
Charlee Toombs chapter 58 . 7/15
any chance we will get more? also, there doesnt seem to be any link to your personal fiction website, maybe fanfiction dot net restricts links? id love to read some originals though!
cottonjulyhd chapter 13 . 6/1
Love the story listening to it doing a competition
Kitty glitter chapter 58 . 3/21
I honestly don’t know how to express how much respect I have for you as an author, coming back to revise this work. I love that you’re including your process, I’m really enjoying reading how you’ve grown and reviewed your work. Your descriptions and character development show the hard work and reflection you’ve done; I sincerely hope you’re proud of your efforts and growth, because you have every reason to be. So excited to see the final chapters come out, and to hear how you feel after such a significant process.

Also, side note to say that the way you wrote the finger pattern in the original work was the reason I looked this story up to re-read it. The imagery of a young kid showing his indecision, conflictedness, and emotions through this little exercise has stuck with me for so many years! Personally I prefer the 1324 pattern, it flows better in my head, but I also appreciate the way you’ve written it now. Either way, it’s a great piece of visual imagery and something so tangible to a reader (might have found myself doing this alongside Draco every time it comes up…)

Excited to see how you wrap it up from here!
thebestmagizoologist chapter 58 . 3/2
Absolutely love the changes you made to the new chapter. I never thought that I would love a story as much as the original fic you wrote and I’ve been absolutely obsessed with the rewrite. I can’t wait to read more as you post it!
Lacieph chapter 58 . 2/25
Thank you so much for the chapter!
I love this re-writing because you can feel their desperation when trying to escape. How many enemies are in the castle, how their chances of escaping constantly reduce with every step they take... It's suffocating!
I like how Draco's thoughts spiral to the conclusion of Obliviate Bill. It's so organic! He's face to face to the reality of being a death eater now and he's scared.
Hahaha it's so funny the image of Bill as a damsel in distress hahaha but it's true that here he is more active than the first version and I love it. I love Bill thanks to you.
Btw good luck with your self-publishing, where can I find the web that you mentioned? I would like to support you because I love your writing and I would like to see you success.
Thanks again for don't abandon this world, this story, this special and love fic.
RenegadeForLife chapter 58 . 2/17
This is a really great story. It takes a lot to write a compelling genius protagonist but this story does it perfectly
senatorsarah chapter 7 . 2/12
Hi there ! I'm just at the beginning of this fic and I know i'm gonna love it right till the end 3 Love your writing !
Anyway just in case, I don't know if it was deliberate but the right sentence in French in this chapter would be : "Je vous verrai tous au match samedi !"
Can't wait to read the next chapter, thanks again for sharing the good work :)
DuchessOfSpud chapter 58 . 2/12
I’m so happy that you’ve updated again! I was really beginning to worry! It’s taken me a few days to read through this since ive been pretty busy this week, but this was a great little pick me up to end each day after work.

First of all, I love the way you’ve written how Draco was able to deduce where Bill would’ve been taken. I feel like it was more fleshed out this time. And their escape after Draco finds Bill was really well written as well. You’ve done really well in rewriting these sections.

I honestly found it pretty funny that Draco was so disappointed with the Death Eaters and how they were such an uninspiring image. The fact that he was both so frustrated with the overall carelessness and overconfidence they had and at the same time extremely greatful for it made me chuckle a couple of times.

I loved the bit you added with Draco finding his father as he’s searching for Bill! I can’t remember if he ever saw Lucius in your older version when rescuing Billy, but I’m fairly certain that there was not nearly this much time spent on it. I thought it was a wonderful scene to add to the story and I love how you continue to show us more proof of how Lucius is in no way a simple, one sided character.

On a side note, I loved that you actually gave a bit of “evidence” I guess you could say of “In the Absence of Fear.” I really liked the fact that you tied that into this story in such a way. I’m pretty sure there wasn’t anything even hinting at it in the original chapter and I thought it was a really nice touch. It made it feel less like just a random oneshot and more like an actual part of the series.

Draco’s panic attack/existential crisis was written really well this time. Maybe I’m just not remembering it well, but the original, that was probably the one part that I found weak in convincing me. It didn’t entirely make sense to me when I read the original. I thought this time was a great improvement! I could really see the reasoning behind why Draco thought this was his only option, even if I know it’s not his only option. You did really well in writing this part out!

I’m really sorry to hear about how you’ve been struggling with your original project. I know it can be really hard for writers first starting to attempt to get something published. Just know that there are many people here who think you’re an amazing writer and believe that you will do it someday!

As always, you’ve done an amazing job! I wish you the best of luck as you continue working towards publishing something original and I can’t wait until you update again!
RHW chapter 50 . 2/7
You need to put the content warning back at the beginning of this chapter, even if that means your other notes are at the beginning of the chapter too!
Great chapter as always! Love all of edits you made, especially the in-depth character work you’re doing with Draco. Best of luck with your self publishing journey!
Tanja997 chapter 58 . 2/6
Yayyyy! It always makes my day when you update the story!
Sapphire chapter 58 . 2/6
OMMGGG GUYS SHES UPDATED SHE ACC FREAKING UPDATED WTFFF OMGGGG IVE LITERALLY BEEN CHECKING THIS EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. FOR NEARLY A YEAR! SHE LITERALLY UPDATED 2HRS AGO! I KNEW SHE WOULDN'T ABANDON USSS! I LITERALLY HAVEN'T EVEN READ IT YET AND IM SO FREAKING HAPPYYYY
G chapter 57 . 11/5/2023
So a reread of the new chapter turned into a reread of the whole series and now I’m left wishing for more.

I have hope you’ll come back to it soon. You e come back before
umm chapter 57 . 7/4/2023
are you still updating this story?
Guest chapter 24 . 6/22/2023