Reviews for The Code
DuchessOfSpud chapter 54 . 10/22/2021
This a was a really good chapter! Using Pansy to help Draco realize that he’s not safe from Voldemort’s plans was a great idea and you did a fantastic job writing it! I really am loving the deeper and closer connection that is being shown in Draco and Pansy’s relationship! I think it’s doing a much better job at showing that, while they are technically using each other for their own gain and success, they also really are friends and care about each other even if they don’t admit it!
Adding more insight to Lucius and what he’s doing was a great idea! It really did help to make his letter seem more caring and less dismissive than it originally was even if no writing within the letter itself really changed. The fact that doing so helped to show how both Draco and Bill are right in their thoughts about Lucius to an extent is just a bonus! SHOWING Lucius try to work for information rather than just explaining how Draco knew Lucius based on the contents of the letter was a major improvement!
Also, I LOVED the interaction between Lucius and Snape that Bill witnessed! It was such a small part, but it was one of my favorites this chapter! I think it’s helped to show how Lucius really isn’t as black and white as Bill would like to make him out to be! He is much more complex in his morals and actually has goals and beliefs outside of following Voldemort and outright statement saying that he both understands and AGREES with a lot of the information Snape shared with Dumbledore helps to show this! And in more than just a “you need to keep your standing with the Order,” way!
I love how you wrote Draco’s response in the Superiority vs Neutrality argument! While not completely true in showing Draco’s true standing and thoughts, it was definitely a good argument to keep Draco on decent middle ground! I’m still really hoping that he manages to make this Neutrality party work! While obviously things don’t always go they way we want them to, this party could really help Draco in the future and I really do want that for him!
As always, fantastic job! This has been such a joy to read, reread, and watch develop and improve and I can’t wait to see where you take this story next!
Darkcrunchy chapter 54 . 10/21/2021
excelent as always! There are no words that can describe how much I enjoy reading this fic, and I have easily read the first version about 10 times. There is only one thing that is not to my particular liking, and although it is no in "the code" I feel the need to tell you. The way Ginny pressures draco to go out together makes me uncomfortable and I can't stop thinking what it would be like if it were the other way around, if a man pressured a woman to go out on a date. I know it is your decision but as a reader and as a person who has been pressured to do things that I have not wanted, I felt that I had to tell you. I hope my comment does not bother you and I repeat I love how you write.
deestar12 chapter 54 . 10/21/2021
Ooooooh I loved this chapter! I’m absolutely loving dracos inner turmoil and all of his conflicting thoughts it’s so beautifully written that they feel like my worries and concerns ahaha!

The debate scene was really interesting too, I think potentially my fave scene in this chapter, as dracos wording and thought process on how he can appease both sides was well done, and the little bit of history you added is helping to really pad this story out.

I genuinely like how there’s a lot more conflict in Draco over his position at Hogwarts, as it times he clearly wants to agree and take the side of neutrality and good and there’s things that push him in that direction, but his loyalty to Lucius is so deep rooted and conflicting for him, it makes for excellent reading!

Thank you for such a wonderful chapter! Take care of yourself too 3
sundiallove2 chapter 31 . 10/21/2021
I just wanted to drop a quick review letting you know I think this is the best Draco characterization I've ever read! Good work! Unique story and I liked that you let us see a character expansion in Bill Weasley too because I've always liked his character and there are not many stories out there about him. I also thought it was a unique take on Narcissa who is almost always placed on a pedestal no matter what the rest of the story is.
Zavod chapter 31 . 10/14/2021
When I started reading I would have liked to know that chapter 31 existed. (etc). I would have read from there.

I really enjoyed the creativity of your AU, and I'm particularly impressed that you didn't feel the need to re-narrate the canonical story was you went. kudos.

If this is where your writing is as a young person, I'll look forward to seeing what you can accomplish as a more experienced author.
deestar12 chapter 53 . 10/6/2021
Gah I’ve been meaning to write a review for months and now finally have the time! I hope you’re well?!

The last 3 chapters have honestly been incredible, as I’ve been re-reading them I’ve been making notes on my phone of the things that have really stood out to me lol.

I’ve really been enjoying following Bill and the interactions he has with other characters as well as his outlook and perspective of things. It’s really made his character lovable and more prominent in this version compared to the original, and the scene with Fleur made him incredibly human and realistic it was amazingly well written.

Dracos reasonings, thought processes and reactions have been fantastic and have been so believable, and everything about his character and all his dialogue is just so well thought out and exceptionally well written, I genuinely believe at times it’s like m witnessing everything that’s going on through a pensieve! It’s dracos little moments of weakness and being wrong that make his character so human and life like.

I can really see how much hard work you’ve put into the original story and this rewrite, as your character building and development, and the way that you set the scene and create the perfect dialogue is so so clever it’s honestly amazing and i have a huge respect for you and your work!

I look forward to the next chapter re-write!
Dee star :)
Charlee Toombs chapter 53 . 10/5/2021
I'm with brianangel, give me all the d/g moments, i especially love a good slow burn! this story was my favorite, and you've made it better! thank you for sharing!
brianaangel chapter 53 . 9/1/2021
Oh man. A chapter filled with Draco and Ginny moments? Where do I send your check? Thanks for featuring Ginny more heavily in the first story. I'm a Draco/Ginny shipper so any interaction between them is greatly appreciated. Much appreciation!
brianaangel chapter 52 . 9/1/2021
So that's how a genius wizard has tantrums. Thank you so much for the update. I definitely enjoyed Draco's pranks and duel with his housemates. You know he is adept at many things, but it is nice to see it displayed in the story. Can't wait for more Bill/Draco and Ginny/Draco interactions.
The DeVil's eyes chapter 47 . 8/30/2021
I'm re-reading this story
Actually,in the first version of The Code I don't like Bill, the first reason I came to dislike him is his argument about debate in the first version.
But this new version, I like it more, I like how the debate betwen Draco and Bill go this time arround, and I like Bill more in this version.
Guest chapter 53 . 8/17/2021
hi i just want to say i am so happy you're getting back at it and all, ive read the books so many times now i love your story! If you ever need help with the french please contact me i have Twitter moon_tragedy or my email adress if you don't have Twitter
good luck, please keep going !
Lacieph chapter 53 . 8/11/2021
Have 3 chapters to read is awesome

Let's start at the end.
I really like how you expand the world of this fic, I explain myself: We see the interaction between the Death Eaters, we see Lucius actions and thoughts, also we know things about the neutral party, and now we learn that the DA is active in the shadows! Hohoho this is getting better and better!

I found super interesting how Ginny is and how her interacts with Draco is a whole new world.
It's true that I found a little abrupt how Ginny and Draco start to talk and interact in the first version. I think that with this glimps and povs it will be more natural their proximity.
Also I never thought of they together and it fascinated me how you write them.

Another interaction that I craved were Bill-Ginny. I like seeing Bill's protectiveness but we know he's not only that. With this chapters we see teasing and traditions and family interactions (something that Draco doesn't know and Bill is used to)
It was incredible how Ginny and Bill connected without words to make Draco eat. It was awesome!

Now, I have to tell that seeing Draco's process of the flu was more realistic because, as you said, it sucks and it was as good point showing his struggle.

And now my favourite part of the chapter: Bill's explanation of apologies and Draco's crisis.

Firstly, I need to tell that I have similar thoughts about apologise like Draco and Bill's rules or code was a refresh pov in the meaning of this act.
The comparation that Draco saw with Lucius' apologize make it more clear when is for the good of one side or the other.
After the apologize and seeing how Draco debate his goodness and question himself as a good friend for Bill, make us understand how he is growing in the social area. How important Bill is to him and how he begins to understand Bill's way of thinking.
Bill's and Draco's conversation is so well writing and directing!

You are magic, really.

I would never get tired of thanking you for give us this precious fic, not once but twice. Thanks for your time. I hope you're well and everything were alright in your life. Be healthy and I've waiting excited for the next chapter
Lacieph chapter 52 . 8/11/2021
Hi again! XP

You are doing so SO well with the changes.
Thanks for the fight with The Golden Trio

I feel that, in this version, we can see how deeply the fight with Bill affected Draco. The fear, the lost of trust, the anger. How he fly every time because he doesn't know how to face this situation. I'm truly hurt for him. I felt Draco's loneliness and desperation. Your writing is exquisite!

And now: The Slytherin battle.
My thoughts: Woah! Now, we can see the importance of the insult that Draco received. We don't know why, but we know that is important, to the level of using unforgivable in Hogwarts!
This fight felt more intense, not only for the level of curses but for the timing of use of each curse.
Draco is alone against for people (and maybe more) and he needs to be not only smart but also fast, powerful and precise.
I like that he received wounds too, that show us that he's not all powerful.
It was so interesting seeing how he feels when inflected fear between his fellows, the power that it gave him but immediately feeling conflicted.

And last but not least, Bill's point of view. I agreed with you! I love how he argued with Draco in his mind
But how he could calm Draco's distressed! That was lovely! 5 points XD

Thanks for your hard work ️
Lacieph chapter 51 . 8/11/2021
Hi hi!
I wasn't able to read sooner but HOW AMAZING your work is! It's worth every second. Every.

I mean, I really like how Draco's and Bill's fight developed!
That Draco tried to calm Bill show his improvement in his relationship with others, but specifically with Bill. How Draco think about Bill as a brother even more than Luka.
I really love his monologue/thoughts after his fight with Bill. I suffer with him and I feel betrayed too! even though I already know how it continues (in general terms)

That you give us more time with Bill's pov makes me love him and understanding him more (I already like him but... You know, now I LOVE him)
That scene with Fleur is one of the most accurate/certain moment that you can write. Their interaction is precious. How she's his support, his strength, his shoulder to cry and the voice of reason. His light. Love them ️

I have to admit that I loved Draco's fight with The Golden Trio but it certainly didn't fit here. Fortunately, you didn't erase the previous version (something that I thank you a lot)

The teachers reactions are hilarious and sad at the same time. And I like how Bill is an outsider of their feelings.

Btw! The plus to know about Draco's interaction with other students (the neutral part) and how they don't trust him and how they see him is so in sync with his character in this fic that I didn't know how I couldn't read between lines in the first version! Come on! It's obvious that he is suspicious!
Goldstein sentence is a kill blow!

Thanks for making this fic even better!
cameron chapter 29 . 8/4/2021