Reviews for Charon's Gift
Silver Midnight Rose chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
OMG... wow, that was one of the best one shots I ever read. I love it so much! You're such a good writer.

~Kathleen
thisDuckIsQuackers chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
That was brilliant! And it works really well as a one-shot as well. I can't wait to read your post hbp d/hr story.
RahNee chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
OH KATIE! I am so absolutely speechless. This story... was amazing. Truly. It IS your greatest, really. If I had to narrow down a description of your writing to one word, I would choose "evocative."

I was gripped from the get-go, and your description of what Hermione THOUGHT the war would be like contrasted to what it ACTUALLY was like was fantastic.

Of all the brilliant lines in this, and there were many, this one blew me away: “What are you doing?” she asked, feeling as though all the air in her chest had been disintegrated by the heat in his dark, silvery gaze.

That's what I mean by evocative: I could just FEEL what she felt with the description of the air in her chest desintegrating.

The ambiance of despair just seeps through the story through your descriptions and emotions. The idea of numbness being more painful than pain, and of the loss of sparkle in everyone's eyes... gah, I can't even put itno words how this all made me feel. It was poignant, and amazing.

I love how the hatred and rage she feels at seeing Draco starts to trigger the thawing of the numbing shock that has taken her over. Their conversation was just riveting, and very in character, and so heavy with meaning and sorrow. That Draco would despair at seeing Hermione's dead eyes... and the pain he felt over the loss of his mother... it all seized my heart.

Absolutely brilliant was the way you incorporated the hope of Christmas into the story. Hermione speaks of hope and miracles, and then, when she makes Draco actually feel something again (anger, but hey, he FELT it), the miracle begins... and the kiss was so touching. My heart literally ached.

And then, your lovely story actually made me cry. The note from Draco to Hermione did me in. And the cherry on the top of this angsty, bittersweet, melancholy yet gorgeous sundae was the rose pendant, and the rose suddenly blooming from the seemingly dead bush. OMG, I bawled.

So, you succeeded in reducing me to a blubbery sobbing mess as I wailed "this story is absolutely freaking amazing" and sat, gasping for air at the breathtaking beauty of it.

Katie, you should be writing professionally. I mean it. I am in awe of your talent and skill, I am honored to know you, and when I grow up, I want to write something as amazing (how many times have I used that word now?) as this.

I love ya, darling girl. This was like eating the finest dark chocolate: rich and satisfying. MWAP!

Love,

Ronnie
Squoosh chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
:Sniff: dramatically written. Wonderful, I loved reading this, your technique is well-plotted, if you getz.

Other words, when I stop talking like a pompous ass, you're a great writer and I hope I could read another of your great fics soon!
silkyblackboxers chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
that was so depressing. but i loved it... i love angsty fics. i felt so heavy, almost dead. just like the characters but i couldn't really feel how they felt (or rather couldn't feel) since i didnt go through what they did. i cried (what's new?). great job.
1lorett chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
GA!

You did it to me AGAIN!

I read the last line and I got all squiggy inside and the eyes burned...and I wanted to just BAWL.

I hold fast to my declaration that this, my darling, wonderful, incredibly talented friend - is without a doubt a shining, crowing achievement in your writing thus far.

It's beautiful, wistful, sad, longing, promising, heart-breaking, hopeful, poignant - undisputably well written!

GA! I'm gushing again - I know, but I just LURVE it so very, very much.

Congratulations, my darling, on the nomination and for sharing this beautiful story with us.

PLEASED AS PUNCH AND HONORED to be your humble beta.

Lorett
dreamingstar213 chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
i loved it...it made me tear up and almost cry.
EternalOphelia chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
I've been on the staff of this Draco/Hermione C2 for only about a month, but every time a new story is added, I check it out. I don't always read them, because the summaries don't grab my attention, but this one did. When I read (anything, that is, not just fanfiction) I love a lot of description and long, flowing paragraphs with feeling and the like. And that's exactly the way you wrote this story. I could actually feel what Hermione was feeling as I read each line, and when it came to Draco you were pretty much on the mark with how I think he would react to the war. Maybe not kissing Hermione (in JKR's world, that is) or giving her the necklace, but the information is certainly plausable after HBP. As well as the fact that Harry sort of trusted him...On another note, I love how you included lines or suggestions from other stories and sources. I immediately knew the Lost one, because that show is like crack to me and that episode (and the surrounding ones) were some of the best (and worst, because they made me cry-poor Sayid!). There was another quote though that you used, but may not have been aware of, from a movie. It wasn't word for word, but the feeling was pretty much the same. It was when Hermione asks Draco is he misses his mother and he replies, "I barely knew her," which is what the evil step-mother in Ever After says to Danielle, only its about the father...Anyway, this was a brilliant fic and I'm so glad that I had a chance to read it. If it was never added to my C2 then I probably never would have seen it, mainly for the fact that it's rated T and I almost always search for the highest rated stories. Not because they can have violence and cursing and sex, but because they are allowed all those things, I'm guarenteed to not miss anything that might be held back because of the rating it has...Wow, I'm babbling on now. Bottom line, I love this story and I plan to look into other stories of yours (if you have any).

~Ophelia
Darkwing731 chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
holy SHIT. No wonder this got nominated for a number of Dramione awards! Awesome!

Darkwing731
DramioneDelirium chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
AWESOME! One of the best POST HBP fics I have read in some time! I loved it how their conversation wasnt fake, it had the effects of war. I loved both of them! SEQUEL! -Bows- Congradulations on yet another beautiful fic and thank you for writing it. -DD
sugar n spice 522 chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
oh - my - god. that was amazing. literally, wonderful. creative and wow...really really good. i love it :) i'd definitely read a sequel if you write one
Elemental Dragon1 chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
OMG I LOVED IT!It was so sweet and true to its characters! Love it! continue writing your stories!

Elemental~
SeekerOfDeath chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
This was just...Amazing. I can't think of any other words to describe it with.

I had goosebumps running through me when I read certain parts of this, and I had my eyes glued to the screen like a leech.

Its been forever since I've read a story as good as this, GREAT job.
swtcaro93 chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
Wonderful! It would be nice to see what happens from here.
RavennBeastboy chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
Wow, that was just... wow...

i luved it so much, it was really well written and touching. i really need to add it to my fav. stories list... which i will, after this review. But really, you did a wonderful job!

It would be awesome if somehow you could continue this into something more than a one-shot. you know, where draco continues sending voldie's plans, and hermione is constantly worried, though finally hopeful. Dangers and stuff and yadda...

But that would be totally awesome if you did continue it into more than a one-shot!
417 | « Prev Page 1 .. 16 23 24 25 26 27 .. Last Next »