Reviews for A Different Kind of Suit
ShyLikeThat chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
It's really cute how Reno says "You're stuck with me, babe." which I like to think is the psychological kind where Elena's stuck with Reno, and not some other guy, not the "You're stuck with me until you get up and go to you're house" kind, which is really better.

Yeah, I think they should be stuck together, don't you? :D

Sweet story, luffed it!
Tsubacci chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Sweet. Loved it. :D
Stargazer1 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Holy cow. I have read two of your Reno and Elena stories and I love them. I just love the characterization of both characters! Its just so... in depth! I love it. This story was amazing. I loved EVERYTHING about it!
Penfeather chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
A Different Suit. An intriguing title with an equally compelling premise. One suit for another. A surrogate suit. A well-tailored suit made to order, the specifications and measurements clearly stated. A ready to wear suit from the closet. The bias hangs wrong, and the trousers crawl up the crotch. Yet it's familiar, worn from wear in all the right places, and so perversly comfortable. If worn regularly, will it hold togther, do you think? Or unravel at the seams? Don't need the answer. It's the question that's intriguing. As are the pictures you paint in my head with your bittersweet portrayal of a beautiful woman, weary of being beautiful for beauty's sake, tough and capable but crippled in her dejection, and weary of shopping for a suit she recognized she had in her closet all along, all written in description that's layered in subtle textures and elusive flavors. Like...er...tiramisu. Now that I think about it. Delicioso. Although there are several, my favorite pictures, I think, are of Elena running through the rain, splashing shoeless through puddles in sodden hose, and of her imagined confrontation with a mermaid and a carp, and of her craving a vice she'd never partaken of heretofore. A nicely written and intuitive tale. Hardly cliche. A refreshing read, actually.
Alekos Vahen chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
Very nice, I really enjoyed this fic. It is a nice cahnge of pace to see Elena and Reno as not the steriotypical characters everyone elso portrays them as. I really loved how you told the story as if Elena was talking or writing to Reno, it gives it a good feel. Keep up the good work.
toomanynotes chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Very nice:)
Zealythe chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Aw... Haha! Awesome! Just awesome! I laughed alot and was close to crying. Very good!
Sulcal chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
Ah, hello... Um, I actually rather thoroughly enjoyed this story. The title was what orginally drew me to it. However, I have a few things I wanted to point out...

Reno seems a little... well... less cocky. O.o Don't ask me hopw that is and I DO like that! Honest! But, it kind of shocked me that someone other than myself actually sees a considerate side underneath the Turk.

Also, the discription in the story seems a little to complex. I'm not critasizing or anything, but to me it would seem that when it comes to Elena's character, wouldn;t she focus on certain points rather than the whole picture?

Er... sorry if I sound mean. I'm not trying to be. I really did lke it! Please do explore more with Reno! He's very interesting the way you put him!
illist chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
reno sober? wtf is that?

nah, i joke. it's fics like these that keep me even remotly interested in this site. very nice work. my favorite part is when elena is in reno's apartment... it's just fun to read. good read.
Erse chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
'It would be a whole lot better if I just saw Tony get mugged right about now'

Haha. I love that line...

Ah, quite a wonderful one-shot - and nice and long, too, which was just what I was looking for on this site. So, I'm happy I found this. :) Lovely dialogue and that strange combination of loyalty and hostility that Elena has towards Reno is just great (or something like that - I'm too tired to make much sense right now). Definitely not cliché, however. ;)

(doc)
Arkash chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
Ah, that Tony is a bastard, just ups and joins the bimbo. Somebody, shoot him in the balls.

This is an interesting story, kind of like a leopard can't change its spots.

Have to appreciate the good old thins in life.

Good job. *_*
rEckLeSsLy.cOnFIneD chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
I really liked how you had Elena in this. She, for once, acted like the woman she is, instead of just the Turk. Which is something I think you were going for. Anyways. I like it when Reno's sober, and I really liked this story too. This was awesome!
Nando the RPS King chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
Beautiful work, as expected, with great attention to detail. This was a pleasure to read, especially Elena's epiphany and the fun reparte between her and Reno. So, is this a one-shot, or will you be writing her change as well?