Reviews for Fair, Strong and Cold
teapearl chapter 25 . 4/23
Beautiful story. I will be re-reading this. I love how you started with the arranged marriage idea and made it work; showing Eowyn and Faramir's growing relationship and motivations. My favorite parts are: the proposal, Faramir's visit to Rohan, Eowyn's time in Gondor, feast in Ithilien, Eowyn comforting Faramir, their talk about her Shieldmaiden role, and of course, the last couple of chapters. Thanks for writing!
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 25 . 9/27/2014
A beautiful story. You have a wonderful way with words - so lyrical and magical. Soft. The entire story was like reading a dream, a silent song.

Bravo! *claps* Bravo.

By the way, remember your dance? Would you mind if I used it in a series of mine?
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 20 . 9/27/2014
I have to put this down here, because I will never remember by the end.

Your dance was beautiful. It matters not that it doesn't exist, it seems to. You described it just right. Reading it, I could feel it; and i danced with them. I loved how you mentioned the laughter, because it is true. It is so easy to lose oneself in a dance and just move in laughter and joy.

As I said before: beautiful.
Moose Voose chapter 11 . 11/21/2013
That moment when they were sparring, man, I melted. I've felt almost as cold towards Faramir as Eowyn, but man...that was a beautiful moment. This story really grows on you. :)
bookaholic2000 chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Well-written first chapter...
Glosswen chapter 25 . 1/26/2013
I loved your story. Your portrayal of Faramir is very In Character; that of Aragorn also. People often try to make them "more human", just as if real human beings couldn't be noble and selfless.
This is the first "arranged marriage" fanfic I have ever seen that is true to the characters. Aragorn would never order anyone to marry, but he might suggest it.

It is only natural that Faramir would be the one to put more effort in the relationship. He is the one in a position of power and, thus, has more responsibility. Don't listen to people who say otherwise...and don't listen to people who say you need one great bit event that makes them realize they truly love each other. I liked the calmness of your story.

Your style is amazing. I would never have guessed that English is not your mothertongue. (Not a native speaker myself, I am a bit envious).

The only think I didn't like in the story was Faramir's supernatural ability. It seemed to come out of nowhere. Was it in the books? (I could have forgotten it. I sometimes to that with things I don't like in a book) To me, it devaluated his empathy. I would have preferred his gentle manners to have stemmed from careful observation and interest in Eowyns well-being. Also, mind-reading is creepy. And in my opinion, the story would have worked perfectly without it.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
sweetie use some other filling words rather than and please!
Talia119 chapter 25 . 8/21/2012
What a fantastically beautiful read. I love the way you brought all of the pieces together and they came to love slowly. I often think that love and marriage happens way too fast in the fanfic world anyway. Thank you for sharing this with us!
TheSpectrum chapter 25 . 12/22/2011
Two words: absolutely fantastic.
elanor of aquitania chapter 25 . 10/28/2011
I really liked this story, the plot and the writing style.

Yet, for me the characters are not the Eowyn and Faramir I imagine when I read LotR. For me Eowyn is far more fiery and Faramir is far more intense. To me the characters you invented feel more like very restrained modern humans with a good touch of political correctness ;-) . After such a huge blood-letting humans are usually very aware of being alive (of being survivors), as you have described it too, and thus have a greater impulse to procreate.

But as a fanfic, with the conditions and requirements you set, it is a great work. Congratulations!
Riel-mir chapter 15 . 3/10/2011
Oh Eomer always loving and protective.
Riel-mir chapter 11 . 3/10/2011
Oh Either one hasn't realize that they live each other Awww I can't wait. They are both playing it safe. Ok I will continue reading now.
Riel-mir chapter 8 . 3/10/2011
You did great. I would never thought that Rohan represents day and sun while Gondor is night and moon. Faramir and Eowyn represent both so it was a perfect union. Great I like that sun and moon idea.
Riel-mir chapter 2 . 3/10/2011
Yes, Faramir also wanted to fight but unable thus he flet guilty. Good point cuz since in the scene when they first met it seems it was on Eowyn wanted to go to the battle. I believe that Faramir felt the same way. Thank you. Great story.
Aki no Ryu chapter 11 . 1/31/2011
Dear Ellethill,

I read this story some weeks ago and I must say, it gets better the second, nay, third time around! You have a great writing style which mimics Tolkien but gives more as is usual with a "regular" story or narrative- which I do prefer because as much as I love the great Tolkien, sometimes I cannot but wish that he provided more dialog especially when it came to couples. So a heartfelt thank you for your wonderful storytelling. Oh, and I do believe this chapter is my favorite- next to chapter 23.

Sincerely,