Reviews for Fair, Strong and Cold
Sarahml chapter 21 . 8/10
Ah and our boy finally made his decisive victory move for his ladies heart with his perseverance and well thought out words. Even though the story took place in ithilien rather than in Minas Tirith, I still appreciate the slow speed with which Faramir won Eowyn's heart. Very tastefully written!
Sarahml chapter 12 . 8/10
Splendidly done! Awkward wedding night with no consummation! Excelltent! Fabulous! Faramir would ever be a gentleman to not force himself on Eowyn... I swoon... sighs where are such men in real life?
Sarahml chapter 11 . 8/10
How can you be so good when your first language is not English... wow! So in my previous review, I compared this to another fanfic called "Through shadows" and I think the comparison was apt. That one and this one are both true to the Canon's spirit and wording. Yet I see how Fair Strong and cold doea not make Faramir fall in love with Eowyn at first sight. That is quite distinct and I also enjoy this approach: both walking in to marriage as duty and neither expressing any clear affection just yet. Which makes quite sense as they are strangers from different cultures too. I like this work. Thanks for having written this!
Sarahml chapter 8 . 8/10
Oooh Aragorn's POV that is politically calculating first and foremost! I agree that Faramir and Eowyn's love had as much sway in the marriage as the political wisdom in doing so. I am glad to know that there was romantic love in it too, but even without any feelings, they would have had to marry any ways, these two.
Sarahml chapter 7 . 8/10
I am pleased to see this well written one with style. Not childish and carrying out similar medieval language in the conversation betwneen Faramir and Eowyn is great! This piece reminds me of the 'Through shadows' by Thanwen, except Fair, Strong, and cold is more austre in description of the days and relationship between the two prior to the Fall of the Enemy. Interesting contrast for sure! :)
Robbie chapter 21 . 5/11
LOVE that conversation. You (or Faramir) put forth many arguments I thought important but could never put into words, and are forgotten by most others.
teapearl chapter 25 . 4/23/2015
Beautiful story. I will be re-reading this. I love how you started with the arranged marriage idea and made it work; showing Eowyn and Faramir's growing relationship and motivations. My favorite parts are: the proposal, Faramir's visit to Rohan, Eowyn's time in Gondor, feast in Ithilien, Eowyn comforting Faramir, their talk about her Shieldmaiden role, and of course, the last couple of chapters. Thanks for writing!
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 25 . 9/27/2014
A beautiful story. You have a wonderful way with words - so lyrical and magical. Soft. The entire story was like reading a dream, a silent song.

Bravo! *claps* Bravo.

By the way, remember your dance? Would you mind if I used it in a series of mine?
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 20 . 9/27/2014
I have to put this down here, because I will never remember by the end.

Your dance was beautiful. It matters not that it doesn't exist, it seems to. You described it just right. Reading it, I could feel it; and i danced with them. I loved how you mentioned the laughter, because it is true. It is so easy to lose oneself in a dance and just move in laughter and joy.

As I said before: beautiful.
Moose Voose chapter 11 . 11/21/2013
That moment when they were sparring, man, I melted. I've felt almost as cold towards Faramir as Eowyn, but man...that was a beautiful moment. This story really grows on you. :)
bookaholic2000 chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Well-written first chapter...
Glosswen chapter 25 . 1/26/2013
I loved your story. Your portrayal of Faramir is very In Character; that of Aragorn also. People often try to make them "more human", just as if real human beings couldn't be noble and selfless.
This is the first "arranged marriage" fanfic I have ever seen that is true to the characters. Aragorn would never order anyone to marry, but he might suggest it.

It is only natural that Faramir would be the one to put more effort in the relationship. He is the one in a position of power and, thus, has more responsibility. Don't listen to people who say otherwise...and don't listen to people who say you need one great bit event that makes them realize they truly love each other. I liked the calmness of your story.

Your style is amazing. I would never have guessed that English is not your mothertongue. (Not a native speaker myself, I am a bit envious).

The only think I didn't like in the story was Faramir's supernatural ability. It seemed to come out of nowhere. Was it in the books? (I could have forgotten it. I sometimes to that with things I don't like in a book) To me, it devaluated his empathy. I would have preferred his gentle manners to have stemmed from careful observation and interest in Eowyns well-being. Also, mind-reading is creepy. And in my opinion, the story would have worked perfectly without it.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
sweetie use some other filling words rather than and please!
Talia119 chapter 25 . 8/21/2012
What a fantastically beautiful read. I love the way you brought all of the pieces together and they came to love slowly. I often think that love and marriage happens way too fast in the fanfic world anyway. Thank you for sharing this with us!
TheSpectrum chapter 25 . 12/22/2011
Two words: absolutely fantastic.