Reviews for The Werewolf's Bride
sweetlilsunshine chapter 21 . 8/13/2012
Every story has yet another new fact to become the main theme for the next sequel. Simply brilliant, great job!
owlinacloak chapter 21 . 9/26/2011
I loved the ending. It would have been dull without a baby, huh? So, on to the next one !
Beech Tree chapter 21 . 3/16/2006
A very lovely chapter. So much to look forward to in the next story.

Thanks for entertaining me immensely!
Professor M chapter 21 . 3/14/2006
“But there was nothing they could do to save the world tonight. Tonight, within the walls of their own home, all was right between them.”….

How wonderful. Once again, your detail is delightful (…”a literal apron – soft red leather embossed with the gold insignia of scales and a cauldron...”) The different pieces of the story are neatly wrapped together - teacher training, apprenticeship, family. Canon and the HP world are woven into the narrative. And the story ends on a positive note with all the basic questions answered. (Even if some of the answers are negative: Veleta is still unable to leave, Ariadne’s parents and brother still disapprove of her marriage to Remus….)

Thank you for continuing this very fine series and sharing it with us.
OSUSprinks chapter 21 . 3/14/2006
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I don't know what else to say. I am so happy that you were able to finish this story. It's amazing!
Ardie Bea chapter 21 . 3/13/2006
Whew! We can't say "all's well that ends well" but we can be grateful for the new and improved normality. I've been anxious and infuriated and frustrated and relieved by turns throughout the last few chapters. You've given us characters we can feel about and a plot full of interest. Thank you. Looking forward to the next novel!
Kailin chapter 21 . 3/13/2006
All right! The Happy Ending! Can I pretend that nothing significant happens after this? Please?

And I'm SO glad that they got to take that well-deserved vacation in France! C'est magnifique!
Beech Tree chapter 20 . 3/12/2006
Yea! More Smethwyck (although no more Jigger)!

Remus’ grandmother responsible for the discovery of chocolate as a remedy for dementors! I love how well you fill out you stories with plausible canon connections.

*sighs * I’m obviously asking too much to want Remus and Ariadne just to live happily ever after? ;p
Kailin chapter 20 . 3/10/2006
Whew! What a relief that they were finally able to talk! So, nothing but great times ahead, right? :o)
Beech Tree chapter 19 . 3/8/2006
I wanted to hug Remus for knowing when to listen and when to speak.

Ariadne was effectively broken down in this chapter (to be resurrected hopefully as a stronger person in later chapters). It was painful to read. Perhaps I’m too attached to a fictional character when I hate to admit, and willing to overlook, her weaknesses.

Wow, the ending. Everything’s snowballing. No, it’s an avalanche. My mouth was open with amazement the whole chapter. Just wow.
Kailin chapter 19 . 3/7/2006
Wow! I have a feeling that I'm going to have to read future chapters with a box of tissues in hand. I don't suppose Remus and Ariadne could just - relocate to Iceland, or something? Before it gets even worse?
Beech Tree chapter 18 . 3/6/2006
Wow. This chapter held my attention from beginning to end. You’re doing a wonderful job building the tension toward Ariadne’s “secret.”

Remus and Ariadne’s marriage seem to mirror their personal lives and the mystery surrounding Veleta—frustrating, anxious, tense, secret-laden, and unsettled.
Beech Tree chapter 17 . 3/6/2006
“She supposed Jigger never had had much respect for the law. It seemed that none of her docile industry, none of her technically flawless work in the laboratory, none of the papers that she had drafted under his name, had pleased him as much as her defiantly independent originality.”

I know I’ve told you before but it deserves another mention: I love Professor Jigger (although I don’t think you necessarily mean for us to like him). One of my all-time favorite OCs.

Ooh. I’m sure every reader groaned when s/he reader Umbridge’s name ;p That was a brilliant stroke of thinking.

Ariadne is so painfully and ineffectively tactful.
Laudomia chapter 17 . 3/5/2006
Hopes dashed! What a surprise it was that Jigger supported the effort! Then Smethwyck gives Ariadne a nod, but it all comes down to Umbridge, who’s perfectly in character as a quibbling, mendacious naysayer. I did wonder why Ariadne chose to confide in Glenda, given the backlash that could affect her and Veleta.
Laudomia chapter 16 . 3/5/2006
Everything about this chapter is splendid. How difficult it would be to have a houseful of guests when you’ve no money, room or time for them! I kept gasping every time the heedless werewolves made another blunder, laughing at each more desperate attempt by the Lupins to cover up until at last they had to call in Kingsley. Then you take us to the school with the rough kids and martinet teacher prompting Remus’ rebellious streak to emerge. And, while the Lupins are busy saving the world, they’re letting their love get lost. All this is so believable and poignant.