Reviews for The Taste of Pomegranates
Sesquipedalia chapter 18 . 5/13/2013
I suppose you're right. *sets bludeon down*
hot dog285 chapter 12 . 12/18/2012
2 is not Sun Tzu, that's just a common saying, and it doens't always hold true.
EmperorSpark chapter 22 . 12/12/2011
This was really well written! I love the idea behind this pairing, pity it doesn't get more love, but this was insanely awesome to read!
Moriko no Hikari chapter 22 . 2/19/2011
...Good God. You write the way rivers flow.

And I need to not be so bloody cryptic. What I meant is that you've written a vey powerful tale here. I've never actually had the chance to watch the show, and yet here I am, a fangirl of the whole thing. Why? Because Bleedman DRAWS like water.
BlueShift5 chapter 22 . 8/22/2010
Wait! What? There was a "prize" at the end for your last review?...and I missed it? Waaaaaah! Oh well. This is kind of a milestone for me since I've submitted a review for all twenty-two chapters! I'm going to miss it. I've been reading a manga called "Dance in the Vampire Bund" in which the central character just so happens to be a little blonde girl, the ruler of a dark empire (vampires), and her love interest is another supernatural creature (werewolf). Sound familiar? She's very sharp as the ruler of her kind, but at the same time, very vulnerable, very much what I imagine Mandy would be like as Empress of the Underworld. You asked for an epilogue, but I see a continuation of the storyline, with Nyx gathering her children (she's got lots of kids!) and her allies, to get revenge on both Mandy and Grim, and Dione, as well! I'm sorry I didn't get around to reading your fanfic until now, and you probably will never read these reviews because they're so late, but I did what I set out to do and had fun doing it. Hope you will not be to busy to review mine when it finally comes out. Sayonara, Nako-chan.
BlueShift5 chapter 21 . 8/21/2010
Out of character, in character. Does it matter? This is fanfiction after all. I believe I told you when I first started reviewing that many of us fans like to imagine different scenarios about what Mandy and Billy would be like as they grew older, and what kinds of new mischief they would get into. I've read one story where she hacked into her wrist until she hit a vein (very un-Mandy-like), and one where she nearly gets raped by some bum! Mandy is by far the most interesting in the series to speculate on. Most every story about Billy regards his big nose and how dumb he is. I don't know if Maxwell Atom had someone in mind when he created her, but certainly she is also the product of the various writers of the show. I think you've done a fine job, though it may have felt a little disorienting after leaving Dante's inferno and arriving at something akin to Mt. Olympus. It kind of lacked the vivid descriptions that you included in Mandy's trip through the levels of hell that I had gotten used to. I still hate the pairing, though!
BlueShift5 chapter 20 . 8/21/2010
I liked that at the end. Very nice touch.
BlueShift5 chapter 19 . 8/19/2010
Had to look up Maenads on wikipedia. I was under the impression they were merely wood nymphs but it seems they were a pretty nasty bunch, devouring their own children and whatever hapless little animals they came across while they were partying! Pity the poor pizza delivery guy! As for you calling Dione a "deus ex machina", I think since you introduced her early in the story, most of us readers probably expected her to pull some kind of interference. I believe deus ex machina refers to a character who appears out of nowhere to solve some inextricable question or situation. A "writer's convenience"? (See the episode "Which Came First"! I think that's the title!) Since Nyx is the mother of Eris, where was her daughter all this time? Another nice chapter, and I almost hate to see the story end now!
BlueShift5 chapter 18 . 8/18/2010
What? No baseball bat? I assume she's going tooth and claw with the Maenads. A bit predictable, but exciting nonetheless. I would like to have seen who some of the other goddesses involved in this melee were and how they were faring, just to get a better sense of what Mandy was up against.
BlueShift5 chapter 17 . 8/18/2010
I like the way you've taken Nyx and Dionysus and put your own spin on their personalities. Things look like they're going to get ugly now. Mandy certainly must be powerless compared to them. Maybe if you gave her a baseball bat for the upcoming "contest" things might be a little more even! I'm still licking my wounds from the previous chapter. Seems your story opened a few that I thought I'd gotten over, but isn't that a good thing? that through your writing alone you can reach out and touch one of your readers? I am a such a sap for happy endings, though, that I don't go to watch romantic comedies, or "girlie movies" 'cause I don't want to be caught crying! I'm not emo but I do tear up when I read "Gunga Din" (another of my favorites!). Congratulations Fred Fredburger, you have touched my crusty old heart! (said by Judge Roy Spleen in "Keeper of the Reaper", paraphrased by me, of course!)
BlueShift5 chapter 16 . 8/16/2010
My understanding of Nyx is that she is a very powerful goddess and probably would have zapped Mandy on the spot had she been so inclined! Obviously that wouldn't have worked for your story. I told you I didn't particularly care for the GrimXMandy pairing, but it's beginning to grow on me. It strikes a chord in me. Not because of the pairing, but because of her "You belong to me!" "I own you!" dominatrix, Captain Ahab single minded purpose, crazy stalker girl, love she has for him! Moby Dick is one of my favorite books. A little quote, perhaps slightly out of context for your story - "...I'll chase him round the Cape, and round the Horn, and round the Norway maelstrom, and round Perdition's flames before I give him up!" I feel like Grim again (sniff)!
BlueShift5 chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
I never thought of Hades and Persephone as a love story, more of a kidnapping actually, but when I think about your story, it seems like the reverse is true. Mandy is going into Hell to grab Grim and drag him back to the surface! Call the FBI! I must say I enjoy reading your response to your reviewers, also.
BlueShift5 chapter 14 . 8/14/2010
I think the thing that impresses me most about your story is the vivid imagery and detail you've included. Since Dante's Inferno is written in poetry form, there's no way he could have included this much color into it. Can you keep up the pace? I find it very interesting the way you've combined the two stories together, but I imagine the pace might change when Grim and Mandy reunite. As a writer you may surpass your idol one day.
BlueShift5 chapter 13 . 8/12/2010
I love your imagery. You've done a lot of research and it shows. As much as I don't particularly like Dante, I dug out an old copy of Cliff Notes, since the Inferno is basically a poem, and written in a time of much religious turmoil. Brrr! Sorry. I'm not a religious type of person. Seems Dante was ,though, and used his poem as a back drop to broil some of his enemies in! I had a dream once, and never again, of having been struck by a slew of arrows. I was struck in the back and the chest ,none of them being very painful, more like a hard punch if anything. I seemed to have been in a battle of some kind. I questioned a psychic friend of mine how is it possible that I could know what it feels like to be pierced by an arrow without having actually been shot by one. She told me in a previous life I was George Custer.
Blueshift5 chapter 12 . 8/12/2010
I do so love some of your metaphors, even as I'm trying to understand this twisted concept of love that Mandy has for Grim.