Reviews for Harry PotterGranger and the Philosopher's Stone
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 13 . 6/26/2016
Never thought about how muggleborns would have to lie to their extended family, good insight

Interesting "new" addition to the cast
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 9 . 6/26/2016
I agree on Astronomy. We never really found out why that class existed outside of a convenient excuse to have a really tall tower. Aside from Divination or maybe some of the weirder potions, seemed pointless for actual wizardry or what to do with your life outside of school

Good point that Hermione never seemed to make any female friends the entire time at Hogwarts, despite basically living with 4 other girls all those years. Except for Ginny (sister of a friend), and Luna (unwillingly at first)

Good writing on how Harry did not instantly get the answers for Snape's questions, actually struggling over them

Was Snape reading Harry's mind?
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 8 . 6/26/2016
Like the sorting hat stuff, first time with Hermione that I have seen. Harry's was also interesting in that while Harry has ambition driving him to do whatever he wants, he does not seek power itself

Really enjoying this! :-)
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 7 . 6/26/2016
Surprised Harry is so freely speaking about what his uncle did to him.
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 6 . 6/26/2016
I think you are the first author I have read to take into account how 10 years interest would help Harry's account.
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 5 . 6/26/2016
Like how you added in a few details that we learned from future books into this, nice touch. Think it is from canon (been a long time), but also seriously like Hagrid's line that there was not enough human left of Voldemort to die. Both nicely ominous and accurate
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 2 . 6/26/2016
The idea of alternative wards for another place for Harry to live is obvious in hindsight. Also occurs to me: "Which of you highly trained adult wizards wants to volunteer for covertly guarding Harry Potter for the next few years?"
Dumbledore would probably get an overload of volunteers, even after screening out the untrustworthy
Guest chapter 4 . 6/14/2016
LK again .
Wouldn't they both have been told about the Wizarding World when Hermione reached 11 , rather than 10 months later at Harry Birthday ?
Guest chapter 3 . 6/14/2016
London Knights .
I do like easy going fics like this one - despite the initial violence - as I can take a break from great but hyper gory ones like Coronation of the Black Queen etc . Harry & Hermione are perfect foils for one another & but had loney childhoods in canon ( something I can empathise with ) . Hopefully they'll both get to tell Ron off when he starts acting like a penis ;-)
Thank you - I do hope you continue the series with Goblet and the rest ?
Guest chapter 2 . 12/25/2015
Hermione already could READ in kindergarten! I could read in preschool. Not kidding.
Forever Me chapter 13 . 8/15/2015
Hi! I really liked this story so far, and I can't wait to read the rest, but I guess I wanted to write this review because of Natalie. Did you know that Natalie McDonald is an actual person, and that the character in GoF is a tribute to her? She was a Canadian kid that had leukemia, and a friend of her mother asked JKR to write to her, but when JKR finally got the message, and responded, it was too late.
I just think it's really sweet of JKR.
I know this review hasn't much relevance to your story, but I guess I just wanted to share it, even though you might already have know about the story behind Natalie McDonald.

Well, I guess I'll continue to read this amazing story, but I wanted to thank you for writing it!

Forever Me
AkiraNatsume chapter 18 . 6/23/2015
Wow, that's awesome. I'm going to read the second part now.
Netchka chapter 18 . 6/16/2015
Great story. I like it. Can't wait to read the next one.
misuky7 chapter 18 . 12/30/2014
I adored this story. The idea of Hermione and her parents adopting Harry was brill. I cannot wait to read the next one. :3
Orion Winter chapter 13 . 11/29/2014
Natalie McDonald is a character that was actually named after a real harry potter fan. In the JKR biography it says that Natalie was a harry potter fan since the beginning and also a terminal ill girl. Her or her mother wrote to JKR but by the time she had read the letter Natalie had already passed away due to her illness so JKR put her in the fourth harry potter book as a new first year as a tribute to her.
570 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »