Reviews for Forever Strong: The Unbroken Promise
Alli chapter 4 . 8/29/2010
Although I liked it, I really have no idea what happened in this chapter. How did Zelos come backt o life? Wouldn't Sheena be way older than him by now, unless he aged while he was dead or something? And what's the Ritual of the Chosen? I don't get any of it. But I do like a happy ending.
StarryHeaven chapter 4 . 6/24/2009
I'd love to say this was a great story, but it has its faults. Anyone else notice that the first two chapters are the exact same as the last two chapters? The wording and all.

If you're reading this, Ark Navy, I don't mean to be a Negative Nellie, or be rude, but the plot is really cnfusing. In the, I think, second chapter, was the whole thing a flashback? Since you didn't mention anything about a flashback, I had to dive into the story and try to find clues about why the story was suddenly going back into Sheena's thoughts. Also, not only ws the plot really confusing and hard to follow, the character of Jay-Arr was confusing too; I feel like it wasn't developed enough. However, if you could maybe go back and fix some of it, then I'd love to read it again and write another review.

Overall, the rest of the Forever Strong Series was really good, and I loved it. Keep up the good work!
The Flan chapter 4 . 12/21/2007
As much as I want to criticize your happy ending, I... I can't. O_o; I mean, this is way too happy and cute, but I love it. The other ending of your fanfic was too angsty, and it made me think for a while "OMG, what if this had really happened in the game? Wait... ZELOS DIED IN THE GAME."

And a little bit of me died for thinking of the death of my favorite ToS character; no matter how cool his death was.

But I enjoyed this fanfic. A happy ending is good once in a while in a drama-filled world, so I congratulate you for it. And I thank you.

Also, lol, I loved little Zelos' personality. He's a real idiot, isn't he? Idiots like him are so much fun.
Alice in Despairland chapter 4 . 8/10/2007
Wow, your from Ohio, too? So am I I'm from Cleveland XP But aside from that, this was very good _ Your really good at writing

Happy Days To You!

~Michelle
Cyberchao X chapter 4 . 6/25/2007
As much as we all love a happy ending, what the hell just happened?
Cyberchao X chapter 3 . 6/25/2007
Confusing flow of the story, but very interesting, intriguing, et cetera, love it, great.
Cyberchao X chapter 2 . 6/25/2007
Awesome, truly awesome. I liked how Lucky was a combination of all of the traits of Lloyd and Collette. And right before Jay-Arr casts the Thunder Blade spell, he hears a voice. Did Zelos help him out from above or something?
Cyberchao X chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
Ah...okay, so something managed to come out of it...interesting twists that these stories have been taking.
Prof. Posiee Woe chapter 4 . 5/27/2007
okay, that was totally worth it! I'm really glad there was a happy ending.

I loved the bit in chapter three with the flashback... "Welcome back, sir bud." I'd totally forgotten about that XD
Kitsu Kurasei chapter 4 . 8/21/2006
Happy. FINALLY.

Best to ya,

Kitsu.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 4 . 8/14/2006
It's over... I mean not just this story but the entire "Forever Strong" storyline...*Sniff*

I think I mentioned this before, but I know I really liked something when I feel a sort of emptyness at the end of it. On one hand I'm happy to see how it ends, how it all turns out. On the other, I wish it wounld't end. I felt that way about Tales of Symphonia, about the anime Vandread, and even felt it after finishing the original "Forever Strong" (though with the follow-up stories not so much. It's not a bad sort of emptyness at all; it means that I enjoyed it so much to feel torn over it.

But alas, all good things must come to an end. And I am glad that at the end of this story arc, it was indeed a happy ending. While I do believe that sometimes tears are an essence, I'm still so glad that Zelos has returned to his family. Sure it may take Jay-Arr a while to adjust having his father suddenly appear alive and well out of the blue, but I'm sure the kid while come around.

*Sniff* It's still sad to see it end, but I have to say: this chapter, this story, was simply wonderful. From Jay-Arr's personality (who will STILL sound like Greg Ayres in my head) to such a sweet ending. While it may be over, I will still be happy knowing I have read it, and of course will continue to enjoy your other fics.

*Sniff* Okay, so maybe "Qian Nian Zhi Lian" won't fit the situation exactly, but does that matter? I'm still playing it! *Turns on song* Chuan yue qian de shan tong...
Arctic Husky chapter 4 . 8/14/2006
Oh, this story's over! I shall miss it... But nonetheless, what a sweet happy ending. (And how awkward for Jay-Arr it must have been...) Well, it's time to say 'goodbye' to this fic, and to get on waiting for some of your others to be updated.

(And as a P.S., I totally understand your pain of having a good concert playing nearby but not going to it... Oh, I understand it so much.)
Kitsu Kurasei chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
Ah, an update. I was starting to wonder, lol.

Best to ya,

Kitsu.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
That's right, I'm actually reviewing this on time rather than over a week later. So that means only one thing...I BEAT FIRE EMBLEM: PATH OF RADIANCE!XD While I miss the game, I probably won't go back to playing it for a long while, seeing as I finally got around to picking up a copy of Baten Kaitos (I waited this long becuase it seems for every person that loves it, there's someone else who hates it's guts .). WhileI'm liking it so far, it doesn't have the draw that FE: PoR had.

Yeah, before I keep rambalin' on, let me get to the actual review, hm?

Hey, who said we were going to think negatively of this chapter? I enjoyed this chapter greatly. Heck, "greatly" is an understatement! X3 It's easy to see why you enjoyed it. Your talent of putting emotion into your writing came out especially strong at the end of the flashback. Every other part was done well, but that part put this huge smile that still refuses to leave it (but why would I, hm?). _ There were no complaints, save for where I believe Colette meant to say "been" not "bee" (that confused me for longer than it should have XP), but I'm just being nit-picky.

This might be an odd time to mention it, but ever since reading this story, I've been imagining Jay-Arr as being voiced by anime voice actor Greg Ayres XD. Especially when he's shouting. XD

Anyway, awesome job again, Arky! _ Now if you'll excuse me, I still have a backlog to get through. _o
Arctic Husky chapter 3 . 7/12/2006
That chapter was way too sweet! I loved it! When little Jay-Arr recognized Sheena... I uttered an "aw~" D All of the flashback descriptions were just so well written. This chapter was so enjoyable to read (like the other, I suppose. ;P)

I'm really looking forward to reading more of this story. _