Reviews for And Fools Shine On
Helllo? My comment not going to show?
Sam represents/is evil and Dean represents/is good. Sad they have to be family
No one’s going to comment on how Sam literally did nothing? He was probably rooting for the evil the whole time
Sam was so useless, didn’t even help Dean one bit. It was all a mental battle and Sam didn’t lift a finger to help or offer suppprt.
Evil is attracted to evil. The revenant is attracted to San.
Sam is so pathetic, can’t even save his brother when Dean has saved his butt every time.
PineNutPesto chapter 1 . 7/6/2020
This is tantalizing. Excellent writing, tension, character balance. Thank you!
Angelus 408 chapter 7 . 9/19/2018
Okay, I still don't understand what "opposite number" means, nor do I get the closing circuit (I understand how electric circuits work, just don't understand how it applies here) nor do I understand the references to 'shining". But what I really don't get is why the Revenant left, instead of taking over Sam, which is what I thought it wanted to do, and did they kill it? But...

It's still a good story.
Sam was aces!

Thanks.
dlk chapter 7 . 11/27/2017
Ok wow! Thanks for such a good look for more.:)
donedonedonedeletemyaccountplz chapter 7 . 2/28/2016
Supernatural Fanfiction Monthly Awards Review: February 2016

This was timed so well, I felt cheated when it ended. Sam and Dean's characters were spot on, and the revenant was a new take on the possession-cliche that made this story refreshing and new. I liked the inclusion of "once-Dean" instead of "not-Dean" like most people would use. Your language was also very descriptive and apt without being too flowery. A wonderful read!
SPNReadingManiac chapter 7 . 2/18/2016
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review : February 2016

Carefully crafted imagery and a pleasing symmetry give the story a clear driving motion, difficult to resist. Dean’s ability to find the right way out, as Sam found the right way in was a pleasure to observe. Very well-written and a pleasure to read.
SPN Mum chapter 7 . 2/12/2016
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review - February 2016

Very well written story that draws the reader in immediately. The switches between Sam and Dean and the revenant were very smooth. I found myself worried what the outcome of the story would be, and was very happy that Sam prevailed over the revenant, and was able to recover Dean. The chapter breaks were timed properly, so that I never felt interrupted. Nice use of descriptions, both of what was happening in the boys' heads and what was happening around them. Worth a second read, and I wouldn't mind a sequel, that showed how Sam and Dean were now connected at a deeper level than they were before the revenant.
ThysaNoir chapter 7 . 1/16/2016
Great read! And, your writing use difficult word choice (i would know because I am not an english speaker and usually fic use the basic, easy to understand words) and it makes me had to repeat sentences over and over to understand it lol.

"If we've gotta argue about who can afford to let go of who, I didn't bring my violin. Don't be such a girl, Dean."
This one sentence! Saying how much they meant to each other in such a casual, throwaway tone. Much like the show itself.

Thanks for the story.
ThysaNoir chapter 5 . 1/16/2016
From all 5 chapters, this one line is what got me:

"Are we paper-scissors-rock over my brother? Are we overpass-asphalt-with a chance of semis?"

I'll get back to read.
game-on-panda chapter 7 . 11/13/2015
/applause/

Deliciously eerie and unsettling piece here. Great characterizations, excellent digging into respective headspaces, and a marvelous antagonist in the revenant. Excellenet work.