Reviews for And Fools Shine On
T.L. Arens chapter 7 . 11/18/2010
This was cool! I love how you kept asking the same question over and over and did not answer it; leaving it up to the reader to answer for themselves. I also enjoyed the way the brothers worked together. This whole story was well-written, kept my attention and forced me to look at Dean's and Sam's lives and what they do from another angle. So, thank you! :D
T.L. Arens chapter 4 . 11/18/2010
Such a long, sad and difficult road for Sammy. I loved the description of strangers, how they feel so badly for him, the look of pity and worry that Sam would find his brother dead alongside the road somewhere. That is sad.

And talk about psychological warfare! Once is very good at it! Since it's very old, I'm sure it has managed many, many thousands of victims through its deception. How cold is that?
T.L. Arens chapter 2 . 11/18/2010
I started reading this along the first chapter some time ago then got distracted by a few other stories. I hadn't realized I had tucked this away into my faves until a few days ago. Now that I just finished chapter 2, I wonder why I hadn't finished reading it. It's a good, strong story, well-told with a good 'creepy' in it! :D

Dean, listing Metalica's songs, that's funny and I loved the bit of trivia you tossed in. I know nothing of Metallica except for a few songs. So adding the tidbits really gave good dimension to Dean. I can't wait to read him learning how to crawl under his intruder's own 'skin'. Like Sam said, Dean can be a pain in the ass. LOL Gotta love that guy!
LucidKren chapter 7 . 2/23/2010
This was, to put it simply, fantastic. [goes off to read continuation] Great job! You write very well, and are a good story teller.
rahne2 chapter 7 . 8/15/2009
Hi,

First found this fic a year ago, and just reread it. Even better now! I love this.

Sam's despair and exhaustion and hope.

Dean lost in his own mind.

"Sam, shining in the dark, his moth of a brother circling"

"He's hunting"

The whole idea of revenants, and things older than latin and crucifixes, but not older than reverence or love, (or salt!)

Dean being thrown out of his own psyche, but refusing to go

Sam refusing to let him go while there is still hope

"adjuration", and two halves of a single soul

"Sam is sad eyes and insight but he is the hardcase here, the true killer of the two underneath." Amen!

Dean's seams are all unlaced for awhile-great phrase, and concept!

Beautifully done, thank you for the lyrical and deep look at our boys. Going to go try some of your other fics now.
Tari Roo chapter 7 . 11/5/2007
You seeped this story with such a quiet sense of desperation and despair that I was ... stunned. And then still - with the laughter and poignant moments, it all just congealed into a marvelous, wonderous experience.

You write amazing Sam and Dean interaction. Amazing!

Off to read more. Hurrah!
mouse8 chapter 7 . 8/29/2007
This is an awesome story, superbly written and pushing beyond the average images to something deeper. I loved it!
Maya Perez chapter 7 . 8/17/2007
Enjoyed it! Thanks!
Scots Pine chapter 7 . 5/19/2007
Thanks so much for this story. It was just perfection! I'm a long time lurker who is finally getting up the courage to post. When I see such quality writing as this it does me off a little, as I know I will never achieve this high standard, but equally it's an inspiration as well. It was a beautiful piece of writing and I congratulate you on it.
Linnie McCary chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
This story was absolutely, amazingly, awesomely incredible. So exquisitely written! Beautiful gems in each chapter, the whole a diamond.

-"brothers made of interlocking pieces"

-Sam as a lighthouse, and Dean a klaxon for the blind

-"This, Sam knows, is what it feels like to lose it."

-"...Dean was the world."

-"...what's it got him? Fucking nature trail to hell."

-"He makes sure his back is turned because he can always trust Sam with his back..."

-"Bunking with Sam in earlier years had been like getting up close and personal with an octopus."

-And in Chapter 6, two paragraphs of such beauty-with Sam "the true killer of the two underneath" and the next one about flash and embers. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

This was a work of art.
LadyMaureen chapter 7 . 2/17/2007
I particularly like that Sam and Dean together make a closed circuit. Good one, thanks.
Sera and Tails chapter 7 . 2/3/2007
"You mean wanting to run crazy away from you and the car screaming 'free at last, free at last'?" Dean says. "No. Nobody in here but me." Haha love it.

The whole story was so beautifully written and wonderfully poetic in parts.

A stunning read.

Cheers,

Tails
buffyaddict chapter 5 . 1/9/2007
you wrote,

::Sam screaming as an adult kicks both brainstem and gut into gear and ups the ante, because children scream at the drop of a hat and adults only scream when they've reached the end of their ability to cope.::

i was eating my lunch in my car and listening to this. and you made me cry.

so sad.

and such beauty.
buffyaddict chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
this story kicks my ass so hard i may not ever be able to sit again.

the description, sam's fragile hope, the looming fear, is perfect.

you have me on the edge of my seat and i, personally, love the present tense. it drags you in and doesn't let go.

i love this with all of my heart as well as the still-beating hearts i have pulled from several co-workers.

okay, maybe there are no still-beating hearts but my own, but you get the drift.

your writing is exceptional and brilliant and makes everything i have ever written bow it's head in shame.

i cannot wait to finish this.
04238 chapter 6 . 11/2/2006
Wonderful story, great job!
109 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »