Reviews for And Fools Shine On
Ginger Ninja chapter 7 . 10/8/2006
That was so many kinds of awesome! Amazing plot, spot on characterisations and so much emotion. Fantastic stuff!

I can't wait to read the follow-ups!

GN
SilverKitsune1 chapter 7 . 9/17/2006
This was an amazing story, and I especially love the last line.
SilverKitsune1 chapter 6 . 9/17/2006
"Shotgun, blah blah, cakehole," Dean finally mumbles. "Wiseass."

ROFL!
SilverKitsune1 chapter 3 . 9/17/2006
Sammy. Anything can happen. You know stuff is out here that can turn us. Don't let me go on into the dark. Promise me you won't let me run loose in the dark.

A very Dean thing to say because it not only protects Dean from the idea that he'll be possessed and no one will stop him, but it protects Sam from (if not all) then a little bit of the guilt that would come from having to pull the trigger.

I really liked the detail of the demon not flinching from the name of god "in any language."

Very cool.
SilverKitsune1 chapter 2 . 9/17/2006
"he's still wearing his boots, his soul has boots, he loves this "

Dean's soul would have boots. That makes so much sense, and makes me feel all warm inside. Your description of Dean as he's trapped in his head is dead on, and the miles of prairie were such a nice touch.
November'sGuest chapter 7 . 7/16/2006
Read this and "All But Risen"...okay, I'm trying real hard here not to gush too much. Let's just say, caused me to want to thrown in the towel for just a moment because it was so much better than mine . Especially "All But Risen". And you did in 1/2 the amount of words - which is the mark of a really great writer.

That's it, that's how good it was. Took the wind out of my sails and reminded me that I'm just an amature. And a puny amature at that. Now, if that doesn't convince you of how good I thought it was, then I don't know what will.

Again, LOVED this but ESPECIALLY "All But Risen".
irismay42 chapter 7 . 7/14/2006
I'm a bit late coming across this one, but I've just got to say what a fantastic story this was - the sheer drama of the Revenant's stalking of Sam was unbelievably tense, and I loved the way you paralled Sam's being confined to his motel room with Dean's being confined to the room he'd created in his head.

Amazing stuff.
Ankhesenamun chapter 7 . 7/11/2006
Wow.

Wonderful drama - so serious and so well delivered. Your characterisation is marvellous, you balance the suspense and angst and drama expertly and you show a real flair for using english in a way that's almost poetic. Not that I study english or anything, but to me this is a really excellent work - written with depth and a sense of reality - your characters and situations are credible and grittily realistic.

The only niggle I had was that the story could do with a couple more instances of dry humour, if you wanted it to be more in the mood of the show - but thats really just a quibble. You've done a brilliant job.
brighette chapter 7 . 5/26/2006
Very good, very different from other fanfics I've read. I liked the internal struggles. Loved this line - Sam thinks Dean's soul has always been too much for his own body to hold. Thanks for sharing this one with us :)
EagleGirl6 chapter 7 . 3/25/2006
I have to admit... I skimmed and skipped through the first 4 chapters because the point-of-view was bugging me... but the last three were awesome! The part where Sammy knows they're Good, and "good comes in subtle shades that vary as widely as the colors of the available light" made me stop, and re-read it over several times. That sums up the whole show, doesn't it? Very good! The brothers coming together actually dispelling the entity rather than transferring it to Sam as Dean had feared was pure genius. I'd like to see what else you could do with that - pure genius! I could go on and on, but I'd rather get on to reading your next story :) Thank you!
X-parrot chapter 7 . 3/15/2006
Bravo, bravo, standing ovation fer sure. Dark and creepy and a lovely read. Both brothers' respective voices ring so true to themselves, Sam's bitter strong determination and Dean's sailor-mouthed attitude (and Metallica!), and together they have such harmony. Wicked monster-of-the-week, wicked cool, too. And yay for smooshie happy endings, without which I wouldn't have enjoyed it quite as much as I did.
inuit chapter 7 . 3/5/2006
Wow, that story was great. And ive no idea how you did it but your use of present tense instead of past didnt bother me at all. Usually it annoys the hell outta me but here it didnt even register. Must be the plot, real good story. And Dean ready to jump to save them both and Sam holding on and so not ready to let go. That was absolutly beautyful and totally in character. Enyoid it from start to finish, thank you.
graceandfire chapter 7 . 2/20/2006
Great story. The words and style were lyrical and the story very well done in a 'sucks you in' way.
kimonkey7 chapter 6 . 2/14/2006
Came back and read it again. Still love it.
carocali chapter 7 . 2/12/2006
Wow! You have a great tone when you write. You are a wonderful wordsmith!

:D