Reviews for Human Interest
Sinceslicedbread chapter 24 . 11/10/2014
"We are having that f***in' party," Ennis grunted "if I gotta sell myself on the streets o' Boston t'pay for it." Now that is a sequel I would LOVE to see haha.

Seriously though, E&J's argument/clearing of the air/make up session tugged at every emotion I still had left. I can't sigh deeply enough. Thank you.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 23 . 11/8/2014
"I guess my brain is smarter than I am." You're not wrong there Lizzie, not at all.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 22 . 11/7/2014
You see Ennis, you are needed.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 20 . 11/7/2014
This was the most perfect wedding I have ever been witness to.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 19 . 11/7/2014
Whooo Hoooo, you go on with your badass self, Ennis Del Mar-Twist.

There are so many touch-points in this chapter I loved, I don't know where to start.

Ennis finally realising that it is better to give (I love yous) than to receive.
Ennis finally wanting his husband's ring.
Ennis finally coming to terms with the fact that he is part of a gay couple and accepting that he has to act accordingly, because his little half-denials are fooling no-one and they're hurting Jack.
Ennis using his brains not brawn to overcome his foe.
Ennis just waking up in generally.

Duck your head for low-flying bacon. Next stop the Rapture methinks.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 15 . 11/4/2014
Bravo. Standing Ovation. What more can I say?

This was outstanding, resonant, raw and true. You allowed us to witness the many contradictory layers of Jack, being peeled away, until we hit the solid knub of his innate, unique strength.

Painful as it was, I do believe that this was a learning curve for Jack f***ing Twist, (all puns intended).

Thanks once again.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 14 . 11/2/2014
"You wouldn't be on the floor. I'd be holdin' you." Awwww, as if I wasn't cryin' enough!
Great chapter.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 13 . 11/2/2014
"...the man he'd become was made to fit Jack. Without him Ennis' shape lost its outline and didn't make any sense." Powerful sentiment, powerful words.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 12 . 11/1/2014
So Lizzie is going to get together with Dr Pete? He'd be a good match for her. He's feisty, fearless in the face of strangers, he's a professional (like her), a local country boy and he's already told her he's single. Methinks she may have just found herself something other than her borrowed horse to ride.
Here's hoping.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 11 . 11/1/2014
I can't laugh enough, this was BRILLIANT. Every word was so true, so them. Ennis don't talk much (usually), but he sure got his point across. No wonder Jack loves him.
I do too.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 7 . 10/30/2014
Well aren't they the perceptive passionate bunnies? Could I love them any more than I do right now?
Sinceslicedbread chapter 5 . 10/28/2014
Oh how many ways did this chapter touch my heart?

"You're my new hero Jack." ...and so say all of us; what a life lesson to behold. Followed by, "ain't no big deal, it's just ...well. Ennis calls me that. It's just for him." How strong was that tug on my heartstrings?

I'm still wiping the tear of laughter from my left eye, now I know the whole "Jack punching Ennis at the fair" story.
I've only just caught my breath after those heartfelt goodnight kisses too.
My favourite chapter so far.

Four.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 4 . 10/28/2014
Now that's what I call a story flip! Everything in the garden was rosy, until the serpent of blind prejudice slithered in. Reality is never far away...it would seem.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 3 . 10/28/2014
My cup runneth over with love for Ennis right now. He ain't right, but he ain't wrong neither.
Sinceslicedbread chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Well I will surely "make time" for this tale. Loved the first chapter, can't wait to read more, much more.
788 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »