Reviews for Human Interest
NawelKim chapter 16 . 9/29/2012
Here we are! As I feared, something BAD happened! Aaah! Jack fuckin' Twist what have you done?!
NawelKim chapter 14 . 9/27/2012
I thought you were going to kill Jack! Well, maybe not kill him but I felt like something REALLY bad was about to happen for Ennis & Jack couple! Was so stressed reading this chapter!
This is my first review, since I've read the first twelve chapters in french (translation by Rafael83).. Think I'm going to read it again from the beginning, cos it seems like the translation is not faithful to your work! :s
I really love your story and I can't wait to read what is going to happen from now on!
KayMoon24 chapter 25 . 9/14/2012
Oh my freaking God, this was the most beautiful story I've read in a very, very long time. Thank you. So much. Just. Thank you.
FeliciaRosekrans chapter 19 . 7/13/2012
I've been reading almost non-stop for the past two days. I'm in love with your story! It's wonderful and I wish the original had turned out more like this. Although, I can definitely respect the story that Proulx needed to tell.

As for the "Where's this going?" question that someone asked...I am so happy to hear you say, "nowhere". That's great! I completely understand the Little House analogy and I love it! To me, sometimes it's just nice to read about the ups and downs and ins and outs of character's lives. No definitive ending is necessary. Neither is it important to be on the road to the end of the story as soon as you begin it. In my opinion, that is.

Anyway, sorry to babble, just wanted to say that I'm enjoying this so much and hope it goes on and on!

:o) Felicia
Miyavi Honey chapter 25 . 5/28/2012
You are my HERO! I love you so much for this! FOR ALL OF THESE! Thank you!
avatar2012 chapter 25 . 5/18/2012
Very well- written story! Perfect amount of angst! Good job!
Nevrandil chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Hi, I am years late and I only really signed up to write this review so here goes:

I've sacrificed sleep last night, spending 8 lovely hours reading this fabulous, wonderful, hilarious story. I had to surpress tears and laughter (trying not to wake the husband & toddler next to me) but I just could not put it down.

I feel as if I've just spent 20 years with Jack & Ennis. I am going to read the sequel soon (maybe not tonight :s) and I am sooo excited. I wish I could buy this in book-shape *sigh*

You are a fantastic writer: believable characters, believable plotlines, believable dialogue...just enough sappy, not too much fluff although I personally am a sucker for angst.

I'm sorry I'm such a mess of words here but I literally just come out of this 'sweet dream' :s

Nev :)
MugiChan7 chapter 4 . 3/19/2012
Another amazing chapter from a wonderful story :) The proposal scene in the beginning was beautiful, and the very last line of the chapter killed me xD Thank you so much for writing this story 3
bump-in-the-night1990 chapter 3 . 3/12/2012
I read your Sherlcok fic, and I loved it so much, that I decided to try this one even though I'm not a big brokeback mountain fan. So far it's fantastic. Once again, great writing!
sydvalentine chapter 25 . 3/12/2012
Thank you so much for sharing this spectacular story! I am so happy I stumbled upon it. Fabulous! Off to read the sequel! Thank you!
Iceanddiamonds chapter 25 . 2/1/2012
Taken me a while to read this, (loved the film, this is the first Brokeback fic I've read thou). Really liked it, especially the progression of Jack and Ennis's relationship, you managed to keep them very in character and theres great spacing of the changes as Ennis becomes more open. I'm off read the sequel now! Thanks for a great read...
lunarbeast15 chapter 25 . 11/10/2011
Lmao, I know i'm probably really late, seeing as how this was written years ago, and i just happened to come across it 4 days ago. But in those 4 days I couldn't believe I didn't find it sooner, it was by far one of the best, well written pieces i have read in a long time, you truly have a great talent.

I got to say that i really loved the movie, and a story that told us of a life they could have had together was just to tempting to pass by, it met all my expectations and beyond, and if Jack hadn't died at the end of the movie (not gunna lie, i cryed) i could really see this life happen.

Lol, the only thing that kinda irked me was when Bobby died, kinda wanted to see how he fit in, seeing as how he wasn't really mentioned in the movie, felt really bad for Jack now that he doesn't really have a family outside the Ranch. But even with that you still made it incredable and i eventually got over it, lol, although i still feel sad for him.

Anyway this is getting long so i think i'll wrap it up here, I am DEFINITELY reading the sequel, Omg when i found out there was one i freaked, i was so happy. And if its half as good at this one hands down it will still be one of the best.

Amazing job on this story. Lol, dont really know what else to say, you have me speechless, kinda feel like Ennis here :P.
cowhugger97 chapter 25 . 8/16/2011
Liked the fic-"slice of life" stories are my favorite, a welcome change from elaborate (ridiculous) plots and all that. Junior's character was dealt with well, probably the most realistic with her complicated and conflicting feelings. Thought Jack ended up too much of a sissy though. Ain't like that in the story or the movie. Kinda felt weird since I'm writing my own fic-made it hard to relate. But I guess it is fan fiction, and that's your take on him, so that's fair enough. Gotta admit, the stable scene was my favorite!
OpiumPoppy chapter 25 . 8/9/2011
'how he glisters through my rust and how his pity does my deeds make the blacker' and few chapters back (probably rather near the beginning I just thought this quote so fitting for how the boys saw eachother, especially Ennis when he was being unusually talkative. The way he described Jack it was clear he could see no fault in him, that he thought Jack was perfect and it was only emthasized when they stood together. More than a little outdated since I've finished but I couldn't stop reading long enough to write before. Actually there wouldn't be a review at all if I wasn't making myself write one because I want to rush off and read the sequel!

I fighured you did all that quality writing and the least I could do was write a review - I know how much I like to get one :D

To think I checked out this fandom before and never found your story, well, what can I say - THANK GOODNESS for rec lists and insomnia :)
ariane0510hotmail.com chapter 11 . 7/24/2011
this is, most certainly, at least the fifth time I've commented on that chapter, only to say : I FUCKING LOVE IT !

I'm gonna read it again... after lunch.
778 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »