Reviews for Not Always What They Seem
DrGiggles chapter 10 . 11/30/2015
Amazing end to an amazing story!

I'm so happy to have those sweet Simon/Kaylee moments, they balanced out seeing my poor Simon being tortured and going through detox.

I also loved the open ending, about how the children of Earth may return to their old home world. All in all, a fic I wish I could see play out on my TV. Well done :)
DrGiggles chapter 9 . 11/30/2015
I kinda wanna read that first part of the chapter ;)

Okay, so I may have cried when they said goodbye to their mother for the last time. It just makes me so sad that they won't be able to see her again, but maybe they will keep in touch. That's what I'd hope anyways.

It's nice to see that River and Simon forgave their parents, and that Regan understands what happened and has accepted Kaylee's role in her children's lives.
DrGiggles chapter 8 . 11/30/2015
Oh wow, his secret was about Earth-that-was! That's so cool, I can't wait to see what they do with that information.

And Simon and Kaylee finally together...alone ;) FINALLY!
DrGiggles chapter 7 . 11/30/2015
Oh gosh, poor Simon! I can't imagine what withdrawal and detox feels like. Well, I've seen it during my clinicals in nursing school, I've even given methadone!

I like that Kaylee and Regan have been taking turns takin care of Simon, and that Regan knows about how they feel. That scene when they declared their love for each other just melted my heart :')

I'm looking forward to Simon getting better!
DrGiggles chapter 6 . 11/30/2015
Oh wow, Simon has abilities too! Were they unconscious to him? Guess I'll find out.

River reunited with her brother and "sister". I always thoughts River and Kaylee were quite like sisters even without Simon mixed in, so I liked that acknowledgement.

Oh Jayne, always being crude! That poor mother knows more than she needed to know. But at least she knows her son found someone.
DrGiggles chapter 5 . 11/30/2015
Fantastic chapter! Regan did sort of redeem herself this chapter, and now being the loving parent Simon and River both need. I bet my buttons she was enthralled/amused/horrified at all the events over the past year.

I can't wait to read her reunion with River, but I must go to bed. Motivation to get up earlier tomorrow morning ;)
DrGiggles chapter 4 . 11/30/2015
I like how you incorporated Reagan and her friend Samantha! And they're not kidding when they said he was violent. I can't wait to read more about what Reagan thinks, and her reunion with River.
DrGiggles chapter 3 . 11/29/2015
Yay, they've freed him! Buuuut he's also crazy now. Great.
DrGiggles chapter 2 . 11/29/2015
Good grief, it's hard to wrap my head not around Simon being tortured, but breaking him to the point of incoherence! My poor Simon :(

I feel so terrible for both Kaylee and River, losing him took them both out.
DrGiggles chapter 1 . 11/27/2015
I'm now going through all your multi-chaptered fics!

Poor Simon, I hope he will be okay :(
Tamane Deverel chapter 10 . 10/10/2014
Hello. I know it's been several years since you wrote this story, but I still feel the need to speak on this.

First of all, on the subject of torturing Simon because he's your favorite; I love it. That is one thing I was excited about, because I'm sadistic to my favorites.

Although I was excited about Simon's telepathy, I was disappointed because it didn't seem to manifest after he got back to Serenity all that much. Was it only while he was on those drugs that he could access the telepathy? I'll admit I was looking forward to when it manifested to where he could, maybe only for short times, have conversations with River without actually speaking.

Partially because I like being sadistic to Simon, I also personally thought he recovered oddly fast. And I admit I was a little disappointed at the fullness of his recovery...

I don't want you to mistake me; I really enjoyed your story. I thought it was well written and thought out, and the concepts appealed to me. Your writing was neither too straightforward and dull, nor too flowery and dense. I congratulate you.

If there is a sequel in the works, I would love to read it. I understand that there probably isn't if you haven't written one already, given the time difference.

Just felt the need to tell you how I felt.

Sincerely,
Tamane Deverel
KelticKitten chapter 10 . 7/12/2014
I enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing.
CherriDoll chapter 10 . 8/26/2013
LOL yay review 100. Please tell me that you aren't just goig to leave it as is. You have to finish it now. Otherwise DICK MOVE. Jk but in all honesty I love your Firefly pieces. I've been reading a bunch of Firefly fics and yours never disappoint. So please tell me your going to continue this one!
MidnightRosebud chapter 10 . 7/25/2010
Fascintating story. Intricate clues at what more could be told and is out there. I'm curious to know if you expounded upon this story, but I am happy with how it ended up. I enjoyed the intereaction between River, Simon and Kaylee; they're a very tight unit in some ways. And no offense to their mother, but I was relieved in the story to hear that they wouldn't see them again, just seemed like it would cause problems.

Thank you for sharing!