Reviews for Changes
Riku-Rocks chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
That was a sweet and entertaining scene. I liked the pace, style, and atmosphere very much. The concept is excellent and I rather enjoyed Hiko's approch to Kenshin.
Ridicully L chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Lol, this is cute! So Kenshin is already a staunch supporter of organic farming...

It's nice to have a garden... these days whenever I find a worm in my vegetables I have to throw it out the window down 8 floors and hope for the best...
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Neat. A garden...Kenshin would be good at that, wouldn't he. Heh! Basket-weaving. Oh, he's doing pottery while Kenshin's still there? The interaction was nice. Hi there, I was surfing randomly and I recognized your name.
kingleby chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
the idea of the garden fitted well _
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
(-grin-) "—the set awaited its final proofing: the hours in the inferno that would test it and try it and transform..."

I guess Master Hiko's talents extend farther than even to what he is paying attention. Except his greatest accomplishment had his own mind too, not like the ceramics that the master could make exactly as he meant them. Still, I think a few flaws in that peice are meant to be cherished...at least for me.
moeru himura chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
This fic's lovely too. Here, Hiko found out what Kenshin was truly all about . Like what Oibure mentioned in vol25 of the RK manga, Kenshin's truth was to protect and to care. When Hiko thought Kenshin was dejected and had lost his fire for life, he recognized that Kenshin still had it and b/c of that, he was stimulated more to pass to the boy the HMR!:P
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
This was so sweet :) You know what a sucker I am for Hiko/Kenshin WAFF :D Thank you for writing this, and adding to the woefully limited pool of good fics dedicated to their earlier years!
Mirune Keishiko chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
this is precious! it's so rare to find quality fics from the time Kenshin studies under Hiko, and if you hadn't indicated the "Adoption" series, i'd think this is the only fic taking such careful, eloquent note of the inevitably slow process of poor Kenshin recovering from all his childhood trauma. as always, your skill shows especially in the details-little Kenshin catching pests and weeding, for heaven's sake! -makes one just want to catch him up and pinch his little cheeks...

anyhow, hee hee, another lovely piece!
Teigh Raisa chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
"-never kills them, always releases them-" That was my favorite line of all.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
You've captured Hiko's self-congratulatory manner and his genuine care and concern over Kenshin. I really liked the description of pottery making (the sake set sounds lovely! Was it modelled off a real one?)

Kenshin's delayed reaction to the shock of the massacre he witnessed rang very true. The listlessness, stillness, and the way he followed the only grown-up stable person in his life around like a puppy reminded me of accounts of concentration camp children after they'd been liberated.

Nicely done!
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
good fic
Peacebunnie chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Oh! Oh! It was something like Kenshin said his parents were farmers, and judging by his joy in setting out plants and pinching catapillers they might very well have been. But that didn't explain the last name or the carefully taught manners. Something like...? Maybe...?

I've read that so many times you'd think I'd have it memorized by now. Oi.

Back on topic: this is another adorable Chibi!Kenshin fic - I'm always glad to see a good one, because we need more of them, so thanks for sharing this with us.
Warg chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
A child's mind is a thing of beauty, in the depth's of infinite(yet usually unsullied) wisdom and uncovered responsibilities, the simplest of actions that display that we do care are all that is needed...

The opening was nice and sense of activity is well expressed, accented by the "memory"...

Great job, will there be more?

Bye.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Doumo arigato gozimashite, Sueb262-san. This one thanks you most sincerely for the compliment of coming to play in my sandbox.

As always, your touch with characterization is so sure, and so thoughtful. The sense of atmosphere really came through as well: I could just imagine a bright, sunny day with the smell of pines warm in the air.

Hiko's voice was spot-on, too. It's that wonderful mix of arrogance, sensitivity, impatience, and compassion that just about justifies his existence ;-).

Thanks for expanding the Adoption universe.

M-chan
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Aw... fatherly!Hiko. I suppose even in this WAFFy piece, his arrogance still shines through. "And they said it would take five years!" (Snorts).

I like the thought of Kenshin gardening even with Hiko, linking him to his farming past. And I suppose catching caterpillars is good training for delicacy, as well as an indication of his compassion - even if it does show a woeful lack of practicality.

It's interesting to think that Kenshin's silence and ki-masking ability came from his grief and trauma. I suppose he learned to very still and inconspicuous among the slavers...

And this is a very long review, for a very thought-provoking piece. Thanks very much!