Reviews for Three Years
FizzyLemonade chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Hi! You'll see a lot of me! I'll leave you alone now...after I'm done with my Irish obbsession...

Sad. Good. Makes-you-want-to-cry. Howl: Why? WHY THEM? at the moon, and sob uncontrolably into the one person who can give you comfort.
Elledreamer chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Hey, after just saying there weren't enough Seamus stories I found this on your profile! Yay I loved it! It was so sweet and I loved how you really showed how Seamus felt. I liked the ending when he was chatting to Ron and Hermione too. It really showed all the emotion brilliantly. Yay I loved it!

Elle xx
Somebody chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
I love this fic. No matter how many times I read it, it never fails to make me cry. It's beautiful...
InkandPaper chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
Oh, my goodness. This is such a touching story, well written, well thought out - it's really good. Short and poignant.

There are also some very sweet, sad lines in here, such as, "Dean Thomas. Best friend and confidant…artist and joker." and "Too many names were etched onto the cold stone, too many friends lost in battle...Too many people taken before their time."

You've managed to depress me!

And the ending was lovely, realy 'ray of hope', hm? It's good how you ended on a happy note, and a bit of fun. Excellent work.
pghpatronus chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
This story is heartbreakingly beautiful.

Reading Harry's name brought tears to my eyes, and then the list kept going.

I really appreciate the Seamus/Dean best mates inclusion. Intended or not, I found myself imagining Ron and Hermoine's struggle with the loss of Harry.

You may know of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, DC here in the US. I found myself thinking about my experience visiting there and the parallels with your characters here.

You make real for us the struggle of war veteran's everywhere. Whether we agree or not with the actions of our governments, our soldiers are real people with real families and real friends.

Lastly, you leave us with a note of happiness and an important reminder.

[The memories of their friends would live on in them.]

Thank you for this piece. Check my LJ soon.
The Steppy One chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
That was my first Saemus fic. Strange but true.

Again beautifully written and I liked the fact that he spoke his native language. *Wishes I was bilingual!*

Nice one!

Step ;)
IMB00 chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Real salt tears…

“I’m getting there Hermione…I’m getting there” perfect natural dialog.

“What Ron is trying to say, in his completely tactless way”, she sent a small smile in Ron’s direction before turning her attention back to Seamus “is that we’ve been worried about you” that is encapsulates both of them just right.

I don’t usually read none major character fics much but I am so,so glad I read this.
HogwartsHoney chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Great attemtion to detail. Interesting choice to tell this story from Seamus' point of view.
RenieandtheMoo chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Perfect. Really perfect. You made me cry, like literally almost sobbing. And now I'm scared I won't be able to stop and my sister'll come in and see me crying and I'll be embarrassed. But then I'll make her read it and she'll understand. That was beautiful.
JediPabst chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Very touching! Very well written.
Solstice Muse chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Dear me Scrib, are you challenging my crown as the queen of angst?

You'll be torturing Ron over numerous chapters next...oh wait, you already are, DAMN YOU!

Seriously, brilliant perspective choice with Seamus, he's easily neglected. I like how you use the Irish language (I know what its called but I can't spell it!), I tried to do a bit of Welsh in LiP but I don't think it's as elegant.

Like your little details too. So many people try so hard to keep the characters cannon that they forget they're supposed to evolve and grow up.
Harry Lvr chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Aw...so sad. I've got a lump in my throat now, although I'm not crying! Yay! Maybe I've got some composure after all! Or maybe its just that I don't connect with Seamus as well as with other characters.

Still, this was really well done. The comparison between the names in the monument and what they meant to Seamus was great. Especially the one with Dean, although that's obviously going to be the most moving one seeing as he was Seamus' best friend. The Gaelic (if it was Gaelic...I'm assuming here) was a very nice touch...makes it all the more personal. I love foreign languages! Although I..erm...can't actually speak any, except a little French and a bit of Jap. Ah wells.

Anyway, one thing that really makes your work distinctive is your attention to detail - like saying how Ron and Hermione approached from the right so that he could see them. It not only reiterates his injury but just makes it all the more realistic. Kudos!