Reviews for Patterns
dgLari chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
You just blew my mind. In a good and in a heartwrenching way. The fact that the theory was scarily plausible and that Donnie was so in-character in this piece, is making me uneasy, to say the least. This is brilliant and at the same time frightening.

Very well written and a must read for any SAINW fan. Thanks for sharing!
-Lari.
Cocoaflower chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Whoa... that is just...deep. Because your last sentence would seemingly be the catalyst for Donnie to leave... since he himself admitted that "the one whose deepest desire involved seeing his family in ruins," then he would want to leave his family again to prevent that... but then again, with Donnie's highly-intellectual mind, I think he would think of the consequences... Dunno, just me ranting here... XP
madagascarmaster chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Celestia's mane! This story, I can't describe it! everything just, Fits!
FoxKid1302 chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
The story left me quite a lot to think about. Donnie's question is also the one I use to ask myself: How do I fit into all of this? Am I an important part of something?

I wonder if the script writer for the SAINW episode ever think the same way you did when he decided to put Donnie in such a future.

"Guess we really needed that level head of yours" That sentence always bring me to think about the whole team's concept. If Donnie's the brain, then Raph would be the muscle, the body, Mikey's the spirit, and Leo's the soul to unite them all. That's make sense why in the SAINW world their whole family fell apart when their Donnie vanished.

I think I'm rambling enough. Thank you for the deep story...
thehappystalkerball chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I have read this story so many times and found that I simply can't come up with a review to do it any justice. Definitely the most powerful SAINW fic in regards to Donnie. And so deep. So very deep. And it rings very true. Which makes it all the more sad in a way. The way it's written is absolutely beautiful, I love the details. This is definitely one of my fave lines: "God help me, the epiphany had soothed a rough patch on my soul like a balm."

All of it is very beautiful even in all it's melancholy. It also makes the choice of the worlds they were sent to perfectly logical and understandable. Anyway, definitely an amazing job and thanks so much for posting it! :)
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
This is the best SAINW treatment I've seen.
Lovat chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Loved it. It all makes sense now. I had wondered why poor Donnie was the only one to be sent to such a terrible fate, but explained like that, it does make sense. Of all of them, Donatello seems the one most likely to wonder about his position in the family and on the team, and it would make sense that he would want to see how much he was needed the same as Mikey wanted to become a super hero.

Great job. 3
timme chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
poor Donnie. I love this, so understandable, and yet i don't know of any other SAINW fic that took this route. kudos.
Tori-chan chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
Poor Donnie... but he has a point: Sometimes I almost wish he wasn't so smart. *sighs* Very good, loved it in all its angsty glory :)
Leepet chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
O.O Wow. Do I hear 'sequel'? That ending sounds really ominous. Really good. Wow again. This was really good. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was also kind of seeing a pattern... Unfortunately- I haven't been able to get my thoughts in order enough to set it to paper. Great job though. Really great. I feel so bad for Donnie. Just wanna give him a hug. Great story!
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
What's to say? Except that this fic was amazing! Our poor, poor Donnie! The way you described his pain, his guilt and his self-loathing, the smooth flow of this story, made Don and his nightmarish experience in that world all the more real to me. Now that you mentioned it, I find it interesting that out of all places, the scepter chose that world for Donnie to go to, to fight his insecurities and his fears.

/I told him about a world brought to its knees by Shredder’s unspeakable cruelty, our once vibrant city transformed into an Abaddon of mangled buildings and hopeless, dead-eyed citizens. I told him a family, torn apart by pain and loss; of Splinter, decades in the grave, and of April, transformed by war into a grizzled shadow of her former self. I told him of Raphael and Leo, locked in a bitter, endless feud, and of Mikey, who no longer understood the concept of laughter./

The imagery of these words and the changes that had happened were simply beautiful. I loved how Splinter comforted Donnie afterwards by embracing his son, because it was exactly what Donnie needed more than anything at that moment.
princessebee chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
whoah...

I got literal chills at the end there! they're still going, in fact.

what I love about this fic is its subtle layers. Donatello facing the darkness within himself. Not resolving, as most writers would have it, to 'change' and never ever leave, but simply acknowledging that who knows what he might be capable of or what bring to the family.

I like that this fic explores the 'dark half' we all have inside us, the selfish, self-centred, needy and greedy beast we try to suppress but secretly feed. That Don has been so confronted with the reality of his so that he can no longer deny it... would be a burden indeed.

Moreso to accept it might be unconquerable.

Awesome work, as always. wow.
Largely Inconsequential chapter 1 . 8/25/2007

Whoa!

This is amazingly deep, and, seriously, this is one of my favorites, now.
sunbune chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
"All my life I had battled with insecurity; that sick, creeping suspicion that I was a superfluous entity within my own family."

! ! !

This floored me. Nothing I can say could adequately praise what you've done here. But I do want to tell you that you're right about that pattern. You're on to something, something incredibly ominous. Like, bullseye. Thank God Donny's worried. As long as he fears the possibilities, he's safe.

...right?

I gotta say, this one's gonna take a while to shake off. I think I'll be sleeping with my light on tonight.
Jaganashi chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Wow.

...

Wow.

Why do you have to make the voting process so damn difficult?

So...thought-provoking. You really dug right in there and picked his brain so realistically. Beautifully written.

Congrats on the nomination, and good luck.

Jaganashi, aka Kismet