Reviews for Son
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Magnificent! What a great tribute to a great movie. Robert Duvall seems to do so little in that scene, but worlds of emotion are underneath. And you capture that brilliantly!
Ceares chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
This is gorgeous, poignant, heartwrenching. just what I was looking for.
sally Cress chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Very nicely done!
carlossantiago chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Tom and Sonny are two of my favourite's this was seriously incredible very touching and moving, i feel like Tom sometimes in my own family
penny4him chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Very well-written. You did a great job conveying Tom's inner thoughts and emotions.
Lettered chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
This is awesome! I haven't read the book, but this really matched how I felt about Tom in the film. I always read more into the Michael/Tom relationship, but I liked the dimensions this adds to Sonny/Tom.

In the films, I like how as much as Sonny can't rein in his emotions, and Fredo whines (while Michael is-well, Michael) Tom is the only 'son' we see cry. I always feel like he has more to lose than everyone, and I loved seeing the depth of emotion in this little ficlet.

I sigh forever. I wish there was more Godfather fic.
CaptainSammish chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
This is a lovely take on Tom's feelings after Sonny's death. I just finished the book and I'm impressed that you had the guts to take on such a complex relationship. Thanks for the read!
rockergurl13 chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
fantastic. there should really be more Tom fics written and u portrayed his character very realistically
Usapple chapter 1 . 10/31/2006
nice. really full of emotion.
possum chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
Awesome story about my two favorite characters! Love Sonny and Tom. Great job
FanofDa'EdBoyz chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
I love The Godfather. Tom Hagen and Sonny are two of my favorite characters (i also like Johnny). When I read that part of the book when Tom found out about Sonny's death I thought that it was dramatic, but not as much as it could have been and that was only because it didn;t dig too deeply into Hagen's mind set. Beautiful idea and words. The Don's words to Hagen I thought were so sweet. There really ought to be more fanfics about The Godfather. I really liked this. It made me feel like letting out a prolonged sigh. Poor Sonny dispite totally desearving it. Sniff, I liked him. And poor Hagen.
ProphIt chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
It says 'Sicilian' man ..

Is it calling Tom Sicilian? Because, just because he was raised by a Sicilian doesn't make him genetically Sicilian. I'm pretty sure he's Irish ..

Apart from that bit I don't understand, very touching, and well written. Though, in my opinion, it's not much like Tom Hagen to cry or want to be killed. He seemed strong and confident in the films, and if he cried then, wouldn't he've cried when he had to tell Vito Corleone that Bruno Tattaglia filled his son full of holes?
allfallsdown chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
The story has a nice theme and I thought it was good. However, is this what you would think had you been Tom or what Tom would of thought? I think adding details and evidence as to what made Tom is necessary. There is no evidence, which guarantees that Mario Puzo's character would of actually thought this. I respect your orginality, but if you wanted to make a true fanfic dedicated to the godfather, you need to add some references.
Lacerta3 chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
Very touching and very in character. Wonderful fic.
Rain in the Morning chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
This is very beautifully-written. Tom's tone is appropriately bitter, and it fits in well with both the book and the movie. I enjoyed following Tom's thoughts. Are you sure this is the only Godfather fic you will ever write?

-Rain