Reviews for To Smile At All Odds
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
so much said... so few words.

ginny
monsoonblues chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
This was very, very good. I like how you don't bring up any names and it's still so obvious who you're talking about. I love your description of the battlefield in the beginning, you're good at stuff like that from what I've read so far. 'It was someone else’s turn to smile at all odds and cry only when the heaven’s cried.' That was a beautiful line...very apt in both situations...and since they both happen to be my favourite RK characters, I like this even more...wonderful story!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Wow! This one's nice too! Soujiro is another intriguing character! "This road has already been taken." He knew that all too well. The title's amazing too. Soujiro couldn't be more perfect for it!:P
Guest chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
uh what? and duh no yaoi its rated K yaoi is at least rated teen (at least by people who understand the system) plus you didn't say something like kenshinxsoujiro if you had said something like that it would make sense to say no yaoi. it was ok though.
Jaded Baby Blues chapter 1 . 9/11/2006
Purty cool fic! About the well kempt hair...heheh It was funny!

Kenshin sounds so cute in here!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Well, this was an interesting little one-shot! You have such a vivid descriptive style, which really brings a scene to life.

"choked fumes that grapevined to the sky in pursuit of the souls departed heavenward... the amalgam stench of rotting flesh and gunpowder..."

I like this new beginning for Soujiro... it's going to be a rough road, and there's a lot for him to learn, but if he faces it all with an honest smile, he should be able to find his way :) He's already able to shed a tear over a scene of death, so there's hope for him yet :)
shara gurl chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
This is the fic in which I have found my favourite line of all time! How did u come up with it? “This road has already been taken. I must make my own, not trace the one of another. My will and not this wind will carry me now.” he whispered. It's is absolutly beautiful (doesn't even discribe it) this fic really is amazing although Soujiro's troubles are not over he'll be ok and I know he will find his own path.

Sad but inspirational another one to add to my favourite list :P
Long Island grace chapter 1 . 5/3/2006
You really have a way with words. Lines like, "choked fumes that grapevined to the sky in pursuit of the souls departed heavenward." and "a stab of orange disappearing downhill," and even "in the gathered darkness" really make me appreciate the English language. The fact that you could make something so beautiful and flowing out of simple words is to be truely admired. Not only do you have a wonderful style of writing, but the things you're writing have true depth and show understanding. You are, as my English teacher would say, going far beyond the text.

A wonderful Soujiro-centered fic that I enjoyed immensely. Great job!
Heather Logan chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Heya Warg, how are you doing? This was really neat; I liked it a lot, especially the line "to smile at all odds and cry only when the heavens cried". That was so lovely, almost poetic. And I really liked the line "my will and not this wind will carry me now". I think that really gets across the sense of the change from drifting where fate takes one to making one's own fate, and yet in so few and so expressive words.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
Heh. This one was particularly delightful.

When I was a child, there was a poster I saw in a classroom once that said, "We all smile in the same language." And maybe so, but those smiles don't always say the same things. Some smiles tell tales, some tell lies. Some offer comfort, others hide unpleasant truths. I think that boy was always a good example of the last.
X-Files chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
good description
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Wow, Warg!

This was a very intriguing and original oneshot! Trust you to think of something awesome as this, two men dreaming the same dream...Love how Soujiro seemed to be viewing Kenshin's past, and how he came to that realisation,

'...My will and not this wind will carry me now,'

So awesome!

The stab of orange was Kenshin right? I really liked the subtlety here.

You capture Soujiro so perfectly.

I enjoyed this one very much.
Wood Worm chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
E~

I JUST LOVE SOU-CHAN!GIVE HIM TA MEH! XD
Jasmine Reinier chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
_ I don't usually read Soujiro ficcies, but this one was-for there's really no other was to put it-amazing. I think I've said this before, but you say so much with so little words. T_T And you have awesome description. *Curses you AND your dog*

_ Oh well. Loved it like always.

~Jazzy (Ryuu-chan)
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
excellent soujiro fic... i really liked it... good job. excellent imagery hinting at soujiro without saying it:)

great job:)