Reviews for Logged Away
sally88 chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
really good. i really liked it. provided alot of closure. i loved the grissom- nick interactions, completely in charachter. absolutely darling when warrick was concerned about nick.

“What would make you think that I’d get worked up?” Nick asked, trying to keep his voice steady. He was angry, yeah, but he didn’t want to start a fight. “I think I’ve been very calm, considering.”

i LOVED that line. nick acting so calm that it's kind of cold. totally shows how he's completely suppressing everything. that line really did it for me for some reason.

great one shot, hope to see new stuff soon. sorry about your car too, hope there wasn't too much trouble.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
I love the way you have Grissom & Nick interact in your writings. Once Mentor/pupil - father/son - that relationship is surely going south. Nick no longer requires Grissom's approval, just his honesty. Great stuff. More needed...please!

(On a personal note I just have to get to watch this episode before I burst!)
iboneki chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Ack, sorry about your car. That's not a common thing in B-Town... hope they catch whoever did it.

You should definitely feel good about this story. I know I sure do. This was such great insight from you... I don't know what it is, but your ability to really hit Internal!Nick right on a dime, time after time... it should be a crime. (Yeah I apologize for that lameness. The last thing was put there for the soul purpose of me noticing the first two things rhymed. Right.)

I also loved the "Gordon Family thing" about taking the easy way out. I hadn't thought of that til I read this... great pickup. I can't get enough of your oneshots. Maybe you can find something else from this ep to write about.
mudhousejunkie224 chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
ok... so i wasnt the only one who was disappointed with last nights episode

i expected something totally different

all i have to say is that the writers better not just end everything like that.

talk about abrupt ending

ok i really liked this story

it was really well written and it was just what i needed after last nights episode

sorry about your car. that really sucks
wraiths-angel chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
that was really good, i liked it alot!
Kristen999 chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
"It must have been a Gordon thing – taking the easy way out. No one in the family seemed to be willing to face up to the consequences of their actions. No one in the family seemed to care that the consequences of their actions all involved him. They tossed his life and feelings around as though they were nothing."

Nick was robbed of any meaningful closure, every person involved in his abduction is dead, he still has questions, needs answers and now its just a case closed. Time to go on-everyone except him.

Because Nicky takes it on the chin, keeps on trucking even if he's a boiler room of emotions. I liked how there was no 'confronation' in your scene-its so Grissom like to sort of chalk it up-and this new Nick, the one who doesn't seek a mentor, lets it go...everything about his abduction is going to be dealt like a casefile between those two.

He was on auopilot, closed off. Loved how he was finally able to say "my kidnapping", he looked great last night and I so wanted to hug him.
duffshel chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Well, damn! So sorry to hear about your car! People that do that kind of crap should have their ears chopped off! That is so wrong.

But, for the story, good stuff. For such a short shot in the episode, you did well on expanding some of their short falls.

I was shocked that Nick didn't say a thing to Grissom about the tape in his office. I mean, he sort-of, not really blew at Archie. He should have had something to say to his boss! Just left in the wind...

And I love the case idea. Never really thought of anything like that though I did also find it odd he was so calm looking at the file in the computer. Some emotion should have been shown from Nick. That really wasn't like him, I though anyways.

Great work here. Can't wait to see what you do with it if you do decide to do more. But hold off on it! You have two other stories to finsih first! :)

Talk with ya later, Jamie
stoneagequeen chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
First, let me say that I'm sorry that your car got broken into...

Wow, what a great story, really a great expansion on last night's CSI story. I like the way you added on to the rather abrupt ending of last night's episode.

I hope that you will continue on with this story.

Thanks for sharing.
mayfairmom chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Wow...its like you were reading my mind...i too was slightly disappointed in the show...i thought there was gonna be more to this...here's hoping they (the writers) revisit this...if not, thank God for you. You did an awesome job "closing" this part. i loved the fact you had Nick think of himself as a victim, a case, a file...makes you wonder if Nick will appraoch cases differently in the future...now that the shoes has/is on the other foot...very nicely done sweetie...

Sorry to hear about your car...that sucks big time. Can i make you some cookies to make you feel better? Jus let me know...be well...Peace
Mma63 chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
I didn't watch the ep but read a lot of it and I feel the same: disapointed with the writers and producers of the show. Tarantino gave them a pearl and they simply tossed it aside...what were they thinking? CSI is not just about science but science plus the amazing chemistry between their characters. That makes the show and picks the heart os the fans up.

Sorry for my complains...

Thank you very much for bright up my day with such beautiful piece. It was the missing part of the fantastic GD puzzle.
PonchoLives chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
I don't think that I'd say I was disappointed, because I think what happened (or didn't happen) last night was deliberate on the part of the writers. A superficial closure was achieved last night as the case itself can now be considered closed. However, emotional closure was not achieved by any stretch of the imagination. I just have to think that there's going to be more to this than what happened in this episode. Nothing was dealt with, emotionally-speaking, and if they were truly going to "wrap up" the storyline, they would have done so. Now, Nick just has more crap to deal with.

Anyway, on to the story. I like Nick thinking about being a victim all over again. It would have to be hard to see evidence in "your" case and have to deal with it as an investigator. I liked his thought that Grissom was treating him like a victim rather than a friend and coworker by not telling him about the tape. There were so many unspoken emotions in this episode and even in your story. I think that just goes to show the depth of what Nick is going through and how just saying it's over doesn't make it over. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on this episode.

I'm sorry about your car! That stinks to say the least. I hope that today is a better day for you!
thatTaylorgirl chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
hey, hey, hey...nice postep! you had the same thoughts I did after the show...I think I came in immediately after credits and wrote my own one shot...was an interesting way of finishing things...hmm...not sure my own feelings about it.

I think you wrote it well...Nick mulling over the idea that he's a case...a victim...like everyone else he's worked for...he's the same...

i liked the introspection...was nice!
sherryw chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Wow...that was great! I have to agree with you I was very disappointed with lastnights episode. It was like OK we need closure on this so let's just throw something together and air it. There was so much more they could have done with that. But oh well. Great job!

Take care,