Reviews for Going Through the Motions
iboneki chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Great use of the lines from Gum Drops, etc.. it really worked well in the story!

"Why the hell was everything so damn confusing?" indeed! The whole accomplice thing seemed like it was just hashed together at the last minute by the writers. I have a lot of unanswered questions and I doubt if they'll ever return to them... *sigh*

But at least there's plenty of fic out there to fill in the holes. Good job.
Kylie Anderson chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Excellent story! I love it.
Jaye Black chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
I finally got time to watch the episode (thank the Lord for TiVo!) and I almost cried when she died. Not b/c I felt bad. Because of the fact that she had done that "for" Nick...just like the Stalker had done...and now Nick's gonna be thinking he's the reason for the murder...

Obviously, I'm not the only one who thinks that. *millions of thumbs up*

This was great...definitley goin' on my favorites list! I loved it. It was so sad, but really really really awesome!

~jaye~
everybetty chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Interesting take on the end of the eppy ... you totally got my main problem with it - all the questions! Why did Kelly Gordon go to see him earlier? was the use of "perfect" deliberate? was it really always about the money? because we know it wasnt supposed to be... sorry - wrong place to rant - but you captured the frustration that Nick and the viewers have nicely.

"As much as he should be used to questions, he was more used to getting answers." Liked this line- it's true- his job - heck, his whole life is finding answers and this left nothing but more questions behind. Over, indeed. Hmph! :)
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
It's over? Wow, what a great ending to a fine piece of writing that makes me desperate to see the episode this relates to. Things will never be over for Nick me thinks, the damage done both mentally & physically will surely haunt him whatever he does next. Would love some more... PLZ!
Kristen999 chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
I liked how you used all the snippets of GD themes from the rest of season 6, Sage, Sara, Grissom, Kelly.

Although Kelly killed the accountant because she laundered her fatehr's inhertance away, her only ticket to a nomral life-its still this weird air about her character, she did tell Nick some key things before she died, sort of giving him some answers, although I thik she had always done more. She was a broken, woman, whose bitterness battled perhaps a side of her that did want to help...

She was truely her fatehr's daughter, committing a crime and taking the easy way out.
wraiths-angel chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
that was a really nice story and i enoyed it a lot!
KASEY64 chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Nice continuation to DLG. I was so disappointed in that episode. I'm glad that there is always fanfiction to correct what the writer's mess up.
duffshel chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Hey!

Glad to see someone else had so many problems with this episode. You ask a lot of questions in this I am sure many people had, myself included. My biggest one, why blow yourself up right after you get the money? If that is what they seemed to want, then why? No clue.

Plus, I loved the quick glimpes at other episodes and other conversations. You should go help them out when they write something like a wrap up. Those writers need some help.

Good stuff! Always enjoy a excellent one-shot. Bye!
stoneagequeen chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Great ending to last night's episode's rather abrupt closing scene.

I hope that you will write more.

Thanks for sharing.
Mma63 chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Wow...you brought tears to my eyes definitely.

It was beautiful and emotional. The way you wrote it, going through the episodes quotes, back to present, the feeling of confusion, angry and relief from Nick...were almost touchables (does exist that word?)

The quality of your work is increasing at each new story. Couldn't see the ep (end of Feb here) but knew all about it and I'm feeling disapointed and confused as him.

Thanks for sharing.
Krys33 chapter 1 . 1/20/2006
Great. I loved it. Especially the 'It's over'. Because honestly? That's exactly what I said right when it ended. I said 'Now it's really over'. Because it wasn't really over after he matched the voice, was it?

Anyway, I loved the flashbacks. And I loved that moment in Gum Drops that you used. It fit really well. I sort of wanted to know what happened after the episode ended, even though you already sort of know.

Awesome work.