Reviews for The Man Who Wasn't There
LoveMeSomeRon chapter 27 . 8/7/2013
Solstice, I thought I'd read everything you'd written in the Harry Potter universe, but somehow I missed this one, until now. There aren't words to express how much I adore your writing and your obvious reverence for Ron. No one on this site even comes close to your talent, insight and innovation as it pertains to this beloved character. Thank you for gifting us with your stories and your obvious love for Ron-and PLEASE send more love in the guise of another story soon!
Vanessa chapter 27 . 1/2/2013
Shari,
You really love to send my Ron through the grinder, huh? You are the only authour ever to make me nauseated with some of your descriptions (Black's grave) yet I still read through, because while shocking, it was not gratuitous. I might have to go read some fluffy, bullshit peices from authous just on the right side of coherent to battle the depth of this story. Don't worry. This is a very good thing.
Vanessa
Misery Loathes Company chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Post-LiP.
HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 27 . 10/16/2011
That was great, just awesome. I loved the bits of humor you injected into that scene in the afterlife, while still keeping the utter franticness of the situation. And that last line was really wonderful. I'll definitely stick around to read some more of your works in the near future, but as it is, thanks for two amazing reads this week!
HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 14 . 10/16/2011
So I can't help comparing and contrasting the events of this story with Deathly Hallows a bit, since they're both tales of seventh year, and I just have to say, some of the similarities are a bit spooky if you wrote this before the book came out. I only say this because of the exchange about "the greater good" in this chapter. It really struck me when I read Lost in Parasomnia (that's what convinced me that Ron's visitor was Dumbledore), and now I remember it's because in the Dumbledore-Grindelwald letters in Deathly Hallows, he puts a great deal of emphasis. I suppose it's not exactly an earth-shattering revelation about Dumbledore-he always showed his preoccupation through his actions anyway-but it still is kind of crazy that you put emphasis on it like that. There are other things, too, but I don't want to go into some big list, so I'll just stop there and say that I'm really enjoying this story so far.

And maybe it's just me, but I find it interesting that Ron seems to react to things differently when he's in one of his oracle trances. He's quieter, more circumspect. I dunno, just thought I'd comment on that.
HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 12 . 10/16/2011
You've put ME off meat with that last chapter. But it is interesting (and not really redundant!) to hear the story from Ron's point of view. Hermione is making me rather uncomfortable, though. I mean, I know how she's going to get with this 'bond of blood' thing, but she's already kind of suffocating him, it seems...
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 27 . 4/10/2011
(Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm scribbling things down as I go)

I have read Lost in Parasomnia, quite a while ago, I remember the general plotline and some of the events that happened. I think this worked well as a companian story.

Loved the chapter of them getting high on the mushrooms, made me laugh

I like the foreshadowing at the beginning about the oracle's powers being stronger if they're ill

The chapter in the coffin was awful (in a good way), and the phone call to Hermione and Harry broke my heart. And I like that Harry *got* why Ron was so upset, and helped look after him

"The boy who cried wolf always was her favourite tale of warning when they were kids." - haha, I bet it was, with so many kids, particularly with the twins. speaking of the twins, I loved both sets of them

Heh, was Ron's rant about Ginny being a spoilt brat you partly channeling your feelings for her? (I remember you mentioning in one fic that you don't really like her) :)

Liked how much Dumbledore did geuninely seem to care, and felt bad about he was doing.

Random, but I was happy to see Sirius there at the end, I never realised I liked him till he appeared

I liked the ending, it worked for me - that Ron was free from his gift and wouldn't be bothered by spirits again.
YuniX-2 chapter 3 . 4/1/2011
I read Lost in Parasomnia ages ago, and had intended to read this but for some reason didn't. Since tonight I'm trying not to fall asleep, I decided to read this, but realized it was far more interesting to read the two stories simultaneously. It's very interesting to see what is going on in the different perspectives at the exact same moment. You really have all the details worked out perfectly. It's brilliant.
Catch-Smoke chapter 6 . 9/9/2010
Was just re-reading this fiction and I found it funny that you wrote about hufflepuff's cup being in gringotts (to name one example) and the exact same thing occurs in Deathly Hallows.

Well I guess you know what they say. Great minds really do think alike.

Excellent work, I really do love all your writing, it's superb.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 27 . 8/25/2010
I think that is the perfect ending actually! I love it and I'm glad that Ron is now completely and totally safe from any and all night time attacks! Wonderful story thank you so much for writing it! I'm glad that you added the bit with Voldemort, I wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't figured it out when Mcgonagall obviously did in just minutes. Also love Snape! That is the best way you could have written his decision not to search Ron out. Perfect!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 6 . 8/24/2010
I like this story so far it's kind of nice to read the other half of things, I especially love the last line of this chapter. Very sweet.
Bloodgalore chapter 27 . 5/25/2010
Wow. Amazing ending.
Greytune chapter 2 . 4/13/2010
I can't believe it took me so long to figure out they were high! It was when Harry started blabbering about the sky that I got it!

"Are you sure we can trust stone Ron?"

Ron nodded slowly.

"Stone is good."

Hermione was still crying on the floor."

This is when I really started cracking up.

"But I just got the sleeping bags laid out all nicely; we can't disturb them and move now."

Literally ROFL
Bluerain22 chapter 2 . 7/21/2008
LMFAO! That bit when the Trio was hopped up on mushrooms was hilarious. I completely forgot it happened and when it started I was extremely confused and thought you had lost your marbles!

I loved it when Harry asked Ron if they could trust Stone... hahaha

Anyway, I thought I should let you know that I'm reading this story post LIP. I loved LIP, however disliked the evil ending! :P

Thanks for taking the time to write my favourite character (Ron)and sharing your wonderful stories with us!
tanpopo no hana chapter 7 . 10/17/2007
Oh poor Ron...it must be so horrible to wake up all the time and not knowing what he did. Well, obviously, but I feel so bad for him right now. Dumbledore's not really extra careful with him, is he? *grumble*

But George and Fred are just so sweet (if they want to) :o) I love them.