Reviews for In the Beginning
YLJedi chapter 4 . 11/17/2006
Six days and already Rowdy up and quit. I bet Favor's common sense was needling him at that moment, since he ignored it when he hired Rowdy. Well, Pete's a sweetie, and everything's all right, except if Mr. Favor thinks he can keep Rowdy from quitting on him again, and Rowdy thinks he won't ever again, they're both in form some suprises.

Hey, about Pete, what exactly is his history? I haven't seen that many Rawhide episodes, I've just relived the ones my grandparents bought or taped for my entire life. But I think in one of your stories, you said something like Pete had been married to an Indian, or maybe that was in a review I read, I can't really remember. And besides Pete, how about Mr. Favor, does the show ever tell us what happened to his wife? But anyway, I would really be interested if you care to tell me, but that's only if you have the time, please don't feel obligated. Just keep on writing, you're great, even if you don't get that many reviews!
YLJedi chapter 3 . 9/16/2006
Wonderful chapter. I'm glad you wrote about Rowdy. I like the "cloudy haunted look" of Rowdy's that Mr. Favor also has: one sense of comradeship that helped land Yates the job. Great writing, as always, and nice and quick and to the point. I liked it a lot. Thank you for writing in this fandom, even though reviews are oftentimes scarce. Your stories are excellent.
LittleRedhead chapter 2 . 7/9/2006
Nice prequel. You seem to have all of the characters spot on with good interaction.
YLJedi chapter 2 . 4/5/2006
Wonderful story! That was such great writing! I loved the entire thing. The writing was stupendous, it felt like I was reading a real book, it was fabulous. Personally, I would have liked to have seen Favor's thoughts when he hired on Rowdy, because it's always peculiar to me that he picked Rowdy to be his second-in-command (I love Rowdy though!). Anyway, great story, wonderful work!
ron chapter 1 . 2/1/2006
Very good how-it-all-started story. When will Favor find and hire the remaining trail drive members - G.W. Wishbone and Harkness Mushgrove I (Mushy,the 'cook's louse')? You have the accurate characters' voices, making it as authentic as the series. That always makes it worth the time to read a story on a classic TV forward to does 'Rowdy' Yates get hired?