Reviews for The Lord's Prayer
A Guest chapter 1 . 3/3
Sad but beautiful. Thank you.
magdilen chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Good job.
Sun-chan1 chapter 1 . 4/14/2006
Beuatiful. That was so touching. I really felt like I was there with Book.
knightshade chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
I found your story after hearing about it on the Firefly Talk podcast. Very well done. You have Book's voice down cold.

"He was more of a Ecclesiastes man, himself. Or the Proverbs. Good words, the Proverbs. Written by wise men, able to guide a soul's life. Like stars to the ancient sailors of Earth that Was. That's what Shepherd Book had said in his first homily, anyway. Gotten a few tears, point of fact."

That is just perfect. I think it perfectly combines his faith with that hint of playfulness that he brings to so many things. I think it's what really allowed him to get along with the rest of the crew.

Beautifully written story!
Amy Yergen chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
Smile!

You've been reviewed by Firefly Talk.
Tom Wash Pender chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
Very, very moving. A great grasp of the character, and I love the interspersing of the partials from the 23rd! A few misspellings (I'm an editor, I can't help but notice. Sorry!), but a solid story. For example, "abbey" doesn't need to be capitalized unless it's the name of a particular one (for example "Tinturn Abbey"), "hellbent" is one word, and "Malcom" is spelled "Malcolm" (funny thing is, the DVD spelled it your way in a deleted scene!). Also, check the psalm again: I think it's "...the house of the Lord," not "...my Lord," but I'm not sure.

Again, none of these are big deals, and they certainly don't distract from the tale. A masterful telling!
JaneRain chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Very well done introspective.