Reviews for The Course of Love: Extended Edition
TMI Fairy chapter 65 . 8/7/2013
Thank you for a lovely story.
Borys
J. Dawnwolf chapter 65 . 10/30/2007
Hello again!

First and foremost, I loved this fic as well, but it wasn't quite the same as Ivy for me. I'm very much into more... epic stories, rather than these sort of tales which are charming in their own way but at times don't have the intensity. Still, your style of writing made this enjoyable, and it read with a fluency which you have said yourself (on Livejournal, I believe?) Roots of the Ivy did not have to the same extent. It seems that I have come as far as reading the Wanderers, in fact, which looks to be a greatly entertaining story and an exploration of the wider area of the Ivyverse. I look forward greatly to reading about Harad in particular.

Re: The OC's for some of the hobbit lads. I liked Moira in particular, though Emerald perhaps made less of an impression on me. The idea of a sort of 'tomboy' in Moira, where she has been bought up doing the lads work, made me smile, and she seemed capable as well, not the slightly sissy sort of female hobbit that I have seen in other fanfics.

Re: Faramir/Goldie. My favourite pairing of the story, and a less saccharine love than the others. I liked the slightly gritty, twisting feel of it, the difficulties in their romance. And, for that matter, the fact that their own cover story of Goldie being pregnant came back to bite them in the proverbial backsides. Failure of the withdrawal method, no less! It's a lesson that rather too many fanfiction writers need to learn: more often than not, sex leads to babies, at least if you're talking about one male and one female involved. (Sorry, too much badfic I think.) The transition from friendship to love was nice, and I liked the scene that went along with it. (Treasures.) Again, the knack for characterisation which rang true for both the male and female characters really makes the piece shine.

Re: Diamond's near-revenge. I understand now your words that Pippin would get his comeuppance. Somehow I think that part of the Roots of the Ivy must have slithered past me (I may have missed a chapter), but the business had been unclear to me when it came to the full divorce proceedings. Diamond hadn't lost her acid tongue, I was half-pleased to note, whereas the temptation for many probably would have been to have her repent for everything that she had done. It was a very 'charged' scene compared to the rest, which I also liked. The intensity of the emotion was suitable, the reactions in-character which is always a fight at such a time.

Again, a fabulously written story. Thank you for brightening up
Artemis1000 chapter 65 . 11/21/2006
I have enjoyed both this story and Roots of the Ivy very much. I adore your original characters, you write them so well. I'm looking forward to reading The Wanderers.
SmaryK chapter 65 . 7/18/2006
Amazing. I was in NY, so I couldn't update on the previous chapters, but I just read them, and fell in love with your writing all over again. And from what I read about your next fic, it sounds fantastic! Until we meet again-

SmaryK
A Bit Closer Johnny chapter 65 . 7/13/2006
Oh I can't believe it's over! I loved it even more this time.

I can't wait for the next story :)
A Bit Closer Johnny chapter 60 . 7/1/2006
I love that chapter! so sweet & happy...
SmaryK chapter 58 . 6/26/2006
One word: Intense. Keep it up.
SmaryK chapter 55 . 6/21/2006
Sorry I haven't replied recently. I've been on vacation. Anyways. I am SO glad that Ivy took care of Diamond like that. Now I'm just really worried about Fari! Keep writing!
SmaryK chapter 52 . 6/12/2006
Ah! Things are not going so well. Anxiously waiting for more...
SmaryK chapter 50 . 6/7/2006
Ahh! I cannot BELIEVE Diamond! This chapter made me very, very upset. But oh, was it good.
A Bit Closer Johnny chapter 42 . 5/17/2006
That chapter was So CUTE!
SmaryK chapter 42 . 5/17/2006
Yay. Lovely chapter. I was really glad to see some of Fari and Goldi. I think they're my favorite couple.
princess maggie chapter 41 . 5/16/2006
your work is lovely as always. sorry I haven't reviewed for a while but stupid revision is getting in the way of anything remotely resembling fun. oh well, keep it up. you have a wonderful gift. #
SmaryK chapter 41 . 5/15/2006
Wonderful. Yay for new baby!
SmaryK chapter 39 . 5/5/2006
Woot for Eomer and Moira! That is all I have to say!