Reviews for Yugioh! GX: When Destinies Collide
CrystalBoya chapter 12 . 1/13/2009
btw god cards cant be affected by traps and nice story so far
Shadow Critic chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
From the Shadows I have emerged to give you a Review.

Duel Academy consists of three years - no more, not less. So you cannot casually mention in the author's notes there is suddenly a fourth year. If your going to have a fourth year, you should at least attempt to give us some in-fic explanation as to why all the characters are staying on for an extra year. Still, it would probably be better just to let them graduate. You seem to have reduce them to secondary characters anyway. Are they really neccessary to the story?

Given he was late to the exams, and has to duel Crowler, Tyson seems to be your basic Jaden clone. Seeing how it appears he is the main character, it would've been nice to see a bit more of his character in this chapter. Something to distinguish him from Jaden. And no, the description in the author's note does not count. Oh, and an explanation as to why Seto Kaiba is funding some kid to enroll in Duel Academy. What benefit is it to him?

I'm sorry, but Yugi does not have a daughter in Duel Academy! I don't care how you try to justify it, there is no biological way Yugi could have an offspring attending Duel Academy at the same time as Jaden and the gang. We've seen Yugi at the start of the GX, and he only like a few years older than at the end of Yu-Gi-Oh! so unless you are trying to tell us he had inpregnated a girl at the age of two Eria cannot be Yugi's daughter. And what was with that duel anyway? Eria beat Espa far too easily. Just because her "father" was a great duelist doesn't mean she automatically would be as well. You should have extended the duel out a bit, and lead up to the Dark Magician. Not just: I summon Skilled Dark Magician, play three spell cards I just happen to have in my hand - (would have been more believable had she picked up one of them with Pot of Greed or something) - and whip out Dark Magician on my second turn.

Where is the description in this fanfiction? Description is one of the most important aspects of writing, and this story could do with a hell of a lot more of it. It's just dialogue, dialogue, dialogue. Give us some indication as to what the characters are thinking, feeling, and doing. Some reason why they have decided to join Duel Academy would be nice as well (Why exactly the "daughter" of "Yugi Motou" needs to attend the academy when she could just learn from her father is a little unclear.

Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough, Jaden would never move up to Ra Yellow without reason, and would have to be a damn good one. Same goes for Bastion moving up to Obelisk Blue. Both of them like the dorm they're in, so you need to give us some "in-fic" reason as to why they moved up. Is having them move up neccessary to the story, or is it just to indicate some time has passed?

I know I said lastly, but I just remembered, Chazz and Alexis are in the same year as Jaden (I know the dub made this unclear) so unless Syrus, Bastion, and Jaden all got held back, they would still be there.

In my opinion you should ditch the canon charactrs, and write this completely as an OC fanfiction. You seem to want to focus it more on your origincal characters anyway... Oh, and Eria is not Yugi's daughter!
nequam-tenshi chapter 11 . 11/23/2008
sweet story! wished you updated though
SparkzLight chapter 9 . 3/22/2008
Blazer Dude chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
If you are goping to pursue this concept add something enw to the character like the story i have in development. Judai's son who loves the fame he gets with a massive differs.
Blazer Dude chapter 9 . 3/22/2008
not another yugi moto offspring!

Can somoen please make something new up1I'm sorry if this is a gflame but it is such an old and boring concept now.
Black-Winged Magician chapter 7 . 2/24/2008
Jaden is in Slifer/Osiris Red in the anime too.

1) Mokey Mokey has 300 ATK, not 100.

2) The card you're thinking off is Infernal Reckless Summoning which can only be activated when a monster is special summoned to the field. Mokey Mokey will have to be special summoned, of course. (Also, it's a Quick-Play Spell Card, not a Normal Spell Card)

3) Goldd, Wu-Lord of the Dark World's effect only works when it is discarded to the graveyard from the hand. Not "sent by an effect". So Goldd wouldn't be special summoned.

4) Human Wave Tactics works on both players' end phases, not just the opponent's.
Misty Narumi chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Judai in Ra Yellow? that will never happen...he likes to be in Osiris Red!
iiBlackMoon chapter 6 . 1/26/2008
That was hilarious. You should write comedies. I mean comeon, the great Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon defeated by Kuribohs, who doesn't think it is funny
The One And Only Zelasis chapter 5 . 4/22/2007
Hurry and update!as for the plotline...keep it the same!
The Dude Of Doom chapter 5 . 4/21/2007
hey good story i'm asking about a past chapter why isn't chazz using the armed dragons and ojamas i like the ojamas.
Aurora Wings chapter 3 . 5/23/2006
pretty good, but work on the chapters. I can't say there's sumthing wrong, bt something doesn't feel right either. i think it's sumthing about your grammar. i don't know why but i have a very good sense for gramar. :) putting you on my favorites!
Vannessa Hillstead chapter 3 . 1/25/2006
Please update!
Cerulean Whirlwind chapter 3 . 1/25/2006
...oh for the love of...shurikans? What do you think this, NARUTO? Please try to remember the fact you do not own the Academy and that there are rules to how lethal a weapon a student is allowed to carry. Actually. No, students are ALLOWED to carry ninja weapons no matter how cool and OMG!tough you want your little OC to be. I know, they were "paper" ones...but in his room?

Think for a moment. Do YOU carry an assortment of knives and guns to YOUR school and randomly threaten people with them without getting in trouble?

Wonderful. Tyson beats Chazz in one move. Yey. And Eria beats in Espa in what...two point five turns?

I agree with Goku here. Make your duels longer and your characters with imperfections, please.
Flare Phoenix chapter 3 . 1/25/2006
Oh go i just realized TYSON JADEN! lol jk jk but first he's duelled Dr. Crowler and now he's duelled Chaz for a rare card no less. By my calculations he should be dueling Alexis next because his little friend got caught in the girls dorm (lol jk jk).

But seriously you have made Tyson WAY! too powerful and you put him in Slifer. It's seems to me your trying to create a second Jaden but have gone way over the top with it. Have Tyson struggle in the duels otherwise they are going to get boring fast.