Reviews for The Return of Bananabelle
I used to think that Ben really did realize Annabelle was interested in him and was playing dumb just to avoid the issue.
This is a good story, but I think it's strange Felicity wasn't aware Annabelle was coming back until she saw her a t Elizabeth's house. I'm not sure how long crossing the Atlantic by boat took in those days, but Annabelle's family should have known she was coming for at least a few weeks before her arrival. And Felicity was visiting Elizabeth and the baby often, so I imagine Elizabeth would have said at some point, "Annabelle's husband died so she'll be returning to Virginia to live with us."

I accept that Annabelle was suffering from mental issues. Her pregnancies all end in miscarriages, her husband dies, his family throws her out, her own family is all wrapped up in her new nephew, she has to leave her beloved England and return to Virginia which she considers far less civilized and elegant than living in England. And because of her social status and background, she feels she has to bear it all with grace and just keeps everything bottled up inside. So she's riding to Elizabeth's house, and she spots her one-time crush Ben. And she just latches onto him and starts imagining this whole wonderful new life she can have with him. It doesn't even register with her that he might already be married. When she finds out he married Felicity, she talks her self into believing Ben doesn't really love Felicity and just married her for the partnership in Merriman's Store. The fact that divorce isn't legal in Virginia doesn't deter her. Felicity being pregnant doesn't deter her. She completely loses herself in this deluded fantasy of happily-ever-after with a man who was never interested in her to begin with.

Although, I think if Patrice was such a good friend, she should have talked to Annabelle a bit more about whether she was sure Ben would want to leave his wife for her. Patrice told her husband she didn't think Ben would make Annabelle happy and she's be better off with Lord Freeman. But she still let Annabelle throw herself at Ben during the ball, and the result was Annabelle being totally humiliated in front of her family and all the Williamsburg elite. Would a real friend have let Annabelle embarrass her self in public like that?
seelieprincess chapter 13 . 6/27/2015
Nice story! I don't think Felicy and Ben would've been placed apart from each other at the table anyway. Couples used to be separated during formal suppers to spread the conversation around.
Grania chapter 12 . 5/3/2014
Ugh. I used to like this piece, but now not so much. First, Annabelle and her friends are very stupid to think that their plan will actually work. It makes the action unbelievable. And second, there is way too much agreement in the dialog, and not just for this chapter. I'm sorry, but I'm not reading any more of it.
Grania chapter 6 . 5/2/2014
I believe the name is supposed to be "Rockwell," and yet I've noticed several times that you keep calling them "Rockwood." Which is it? Be consistent, please.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/5/2013
Ohh Annabelle is soo evil
Daughter of the North chapter 12 . 1/24/2013
I suspect Lady Annabelle Andrews is plotting to steal Ben from my husband and may do something at the ball.
What?
AutumnFairy7337 chapter 14 . 6/5/2009
I absolutly loved this story! It was so brilliant, I couldn't stop reading. I never really liked stories/movies about a love triangle, but this one was the best. Keep up on the good work! :)
Lissie L.O.L chapter 8 . 10/1/2008
this is all true i tell you she's my ancestor I am Ashley Davidson Evans.
Sybil L. Jr chapter 14 . 9/29/2008
Tis a grand and glorious tale I supose !
tootiredtologin chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
I hate Nan. Her comment after Lissie's news (not giving away spoilers?)? Sweet Nan has grown up into such a mean young lady...she's probably 16ish now, right?

And Thomas is so cute. Personally, for some reason I have pictured their first child a girl...always...then a boy named after Ben...then twins (girl/girl)...then several boys...and the oldest girl is annoyed by her siblings who take more after Ben (and for some reason totally admires Polly)...and the oldest boy is basically her best friend...yeah, I went sorta crazy into planning out Felicity and Ben's life. I'm a Felicity addict.
X chapter 13 . 9/2/2007
I have just noticed something-if Polly is ten, wouldn't that not make William more than twelve or thirteen? Felicity said:

“If anyone is going to meet Prince Charming, it will probably be Nan,” Felicity replied. “Or perhaps a nice young lady will find her Prince in our dear William. in chapter twelve, but would he be finding a wife just yet?
Julia123bookworm chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
This is a GREAT story..I'm hoping for a sequel soon...perhaps Felicity's children at the plantation or something? If they're like Felicity in anyway way-I'm sure they'd get into [i]something[/i].

I'm working on a story about Polly at nine-11 years old (like a whole series of stories, but shorter than the auctal AG books). I just noticed at your Polly is exactly (or at least very similar) to the one of my imagination, like Felicity but not quite as outgoing, quite observant. even before I read this. I guess great minds think alike...I wasn't trying to copy you, I just noticed this.

Anyway...great story, I'm looking foward to your other works!
s Dream chapter 14 . 6/25/2007
That was very good!I luv little Tom
s Dream chapter 1 . 6/25/2007