Reviews for This Is My Goodbye
Proper the Incredible chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
josie chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
I love it.
Rake1810 chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
I like the letter but some context would've made it a better one shot IMO
DarkestTruth chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Suicide? It's not really clear...
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Excellent! A pity but understandable as well.
PiecesOfSerendipity chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Love this even though it's really short.

"my cage was a prophecy, the bars made out of of words. Now they are gone, you still expect me to allow you to chain me with duties that should not be mine to take. I will not take them." - Brilliant metaphor. My favourite part.

How to make it better? You could add the reactions of people in it (or maybe just one OC's?). This seems like one of those speeches that go down in history, that people read for years to come. I wouldn't be surprised if in 50 years the letter's engraved somewhere.

Bumpkin chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
I *like* this - I mean I really like it. :) And frankly I wouldn't mind seeing reactions to the letter from various ppl in the wiz-world if the muse ever grabs you that way. I think it could be fascinating to have a whole series of short little drabblesque reactions... what do you think?

Anyway, keep penning,

Sera dy Relandrant chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
Why then, do you come asking for me to lead you? That is just another dictatorship, another Cult of Personality. And I do not want it.

Cult of personality... yeah you've put it brilliantly here. The exact words, I mean really it was Voldie's charisma first and then his ruthlessness that pulled so many people over to his side (let's leave aside the pureblood, elitist views he expressed - I mean, a lot of the people in Hogwarts must have known that he couldn't have been TOTALLY pureblood, so why did they follow him at all? Must have been an awfully magnetic guy).

I am not infallible.

Oh I love you for saying that! In canon - the later books in particular - it does seem like Harry thinks he's a law unto himself. Seriously, Crucioing Carrow was uncalled for.

Absolutely brilliant fic - did he commit suicide or he did leave the country? It really is very lovely - so is your other fic "Ten Ways to Die".
coeur de lyon chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Very cool :D

Thing is, would the wizards know who Jesus was?

Unless he was a wizard...O.O

Anyway, that was good
5337281 chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Why is it that every time someone says 'no offense', what they say is offenseful?

But, beside that. I have to second- or third, or whatever- whoever said this was a powerful piece of fanficton. It was pretty good, and not really boring. (It was pretty short for my standards, ever read 10,0 word chapters?) It kept my attention, and since this is my reveiw, that's all that mattered.

Great one-shot!

Moonlit Dawn
Phantom of the Tech Booth chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
Very powerful. I usually try to give some constructive tips, and my tip here is that you take out just one of those gets exhausting to read so many, and it sounds like a stretch. Great job, though, this is quite good.
moonymonster chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
*grin* This reminds me of a fic I wrote for a far more obscure fandom, with the same sort of "I know you're going to read into this summary but I don't want to give further detail because it'll ruin the ending" summary...but cool. I liked the 'Your problems can rest on your own backs' line.

And I'm very tempted to haunt you on livejournal. I can do it, you know! *shakes fist*
rachel chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
uhh... kinda boring[no offense] its not the worst ive seen...

why dont u try some other kind of story
Kin Pandun chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
Fantastic. Perfect. Serves them right.

Thanks for writing,

AlyshaNemesis chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Damn...that was really good! Sad but great! I like it! That's how Harry must feel after all that...

I just wonder how he is planning to hide himself completely...he is not planning to kill himself, is he?

I'd really like to see how things will finally trun out... Are you planning on a sequel?