Reviews for The Worth of One Crane
Ichiro chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Your story was awesome! Thank you for the time you've put in. Please write more, I'd love to hear the rest of her great deeds
Aren Elsa chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
A well written story, truly wonderful.
Swashbucklist chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
First L5R fanfic I've read that includes an event from the books. Nice job.
BornUndead chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
I really enjoyed this first chapter.

I do have one request.

Continue.

You have a fun writing style and have created a character that i would like to know more about.

After reading this a storm of ideas for a continuation came to me. If you were looking suggestions please let me know because I several.

Alright begging aside.

If you can describe battle sequences and combat in the same fashion you suddenly introduced this samurai-ko to me then I am demanding that you continue.

The masses are crying out: "Nasami! Nasami!"

-BornUndead
vonsinhaus chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Awesome story. I think you got the temperament of the clans spot on. Thanks for a good read
Mr.Fangs chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I think I agree with Lokis Bag, I don't have the bias he has (I am majorly slanted to the dragon) but I still agree with him. If you have spent centuries exposed to an extrem danger you should be more proficient in it then someone who has a lot less experience. Though it could also be said that a new perspective can be a difference between defeat and winning.

Anyway it was very well written, and very intellegent. I really admire good work and this is very good work ( ifavorited you and the story).
Jade Fallon chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
yeah, you know me . I cant believe i DIDN"T review this story. what with the Daidoji being my absolute favorite family... and I have to say wow. I hope this actually happened in game for you and I would have loved to be at that session. Deffinatly an amazing potrayl of the mentality of the strong arm of the crane. .
Lokis Bag chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
I'd have to say that my overall impression of the story was good. Only real things that nagged at me were concerning some of the background mechanics. Three days in the Shadowlands after exhausting her Jade really seemed to be pushing it. Her willingness to use such a noteworthy Blade against the Tainted Minions of the Shadowlands. While not with any certainty being detrimental, many Crab Bushi refuse to use their Daisho because of the belief that the Katana is an extension of their soul and to do such would have the effect of exposing it to the corruption of Jigoku unnecessarily.

Other than that I must confess I am a Crab player and while I understand the tendency to portray your character in a better light I do find I'm slightly annoyed at the way the Crab are always 'bested' by a samurai of another family concerning something that they have made their duty to carry out since the founding of the empire. While Nasami is no doubt a skilled individual and well versed in the extraordinary tactics of the Daidoji I find all too often such characters tend to detract from the skills of those around them.

Perhaps I would have felt differently had I not read a similiar piece of fiction some time ago at the Crab Clan Arcive.

Nevertheless it was an enjoyable read and an interesting character albeit seemingly at the expense of the Crab.
Sesame Fiction chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Very nice. I really enjoyed it. The only complaint I could have was that the honorifics were still italisized, which causes me to shout them in my mind when I read them. However, other than that your story was really good, especially for a one shot. Most people don't give one shots a chance, which is unfortunate. I have a one shot without a single review :(

Anyway, good luck, and well done.