Reviews for 20: Relative Motion
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 72 . 4/24/2012
Okay. Can't deny I'm a little confused with the time-space dimensional shift thing, but it was very enjoyable. Xx
cathrl chapter 72 . 8/28/2006
"a sudden rash of early retirements" - yup, grateful Tracy is in an entirely different league to your average generous patient.

Loved that they treat Janey as one of the crew even though society might disapprove. What the crew have really is that close.

No miracle cure for Pete. Sad, but the way it should be. He had a good innings. (Sob).

This was fantastic - all of it. Thank you. I really hope you have another fic in mind...I'll be here waiting to read it.
Tikatu chapter 72 . 8/27/2006
Wonderful wrap up, with a bit of misty-eyedness at the end over Pete. I hope it's not the last of your adventures of the Tracy family and International Rescue, but a very satisfying conclusion to the Mars story arc.

Hats off to you, MG, and a standing ovation!
Eternal Density chapter 72 . 8/27/2006
"Thunderbird 2 would arrive a few days later, bearing the final, much-abused piece of the astronaut puzzled"

that final d can go on the list of things to drop when editing.

"and John found that time had taken on all the quick-flow capacity of bubblegum."

I really like that metaphor!

"Daddy, kiss Mommy. She misted you!"

aw :D

"some on Mars by John Tracy."

hm.

Well I guess it's time for a new title. Good job on Relative Motion! Sure has been a long journey :D
Agent Five chapter 72 . 8/27/2006
Gorgeous.

And nothing else can be said.

Oh. Except a hearty THANK YOU. xx
Agent Five chapter 71 . 8/23/2006
Yay. (large loud sigh of relief.)

Fabulous banter between obviously concerned and much-closer-now brothers. Just lovely.
Agent Five chapter 70 . 8/23/2006
I don't know how you do it. How can battered, dirty, wet and being completely brushed-off be so damned romantic?

I feel so sorry for Penny. She's going to kick her self many times over for not grabbing him when she should.

Even half-dead, soaked through, traumatised and married. That's one hell of a catch! (And described so beautifully by you!)
Agent Five chapter 69 . 8/23/2006
Wo. Shooting through every mixed emotion possible here! Joy, fear, delight, panic, relief, terror!

Awesome!

Amazing chapter and poor, poor Penny. Think it's a bit late, love.

But surely John can't take much more pounding? Unless 'friend' is holding him together?
Varda's Servant chapter 71 . 8/20/2006
Hey hon! Sorry 'bout the lack of reviews, I've not actually had the time to read much of anything for the past couple of months. I am still around though, and I wanted to say oh my god! Seventy-one chapters? That's freaking HUGE! Congrats on that. :-D

Anyways, once life settles down again, I'll be here to read through everything I've missed. And I have missed these guys, so very much lately. Once work, family and friend life has settled down, I'll be sure to leave you many reviews.

Ciao for now, bella!
Eternal Density chapter 71 . 8/20/2006
You do a good job of making the beginning kinda dark and gritty. Lots of good imagery. The autograph kid and the beer and good splashes of humour.

Great job of the reuniting scene too :D And John's dream is funny :D

"the un-slung, least-likely-to-fall-off arm"

hehehehe
Eternal Density chapter 70 . 8/19/2006
I just love your description of Five's activities! Great stuff. She's made a clever move with the 'injury dispersal'.

As for Penny... shareware female! Ha! That's a good title for her.

I calculate that John has made a good decision. It must be bit tiring for him to keep dealing with the strange effects of the time dilation: people don't seem to be getting that he has a young daughter, not a pregnant wife. Oh well, it'll sort itself out in the end. :D
Tikatu chapter 70 . 8/19/2006
So, Five is still pan-dimensional, and still up to her old probability-and-time altering pan-dimensionally sneaky ways (my very first thought upon seeing how she "spread John Tracy's physical damage to his other dimensional counterparts" was of J.C.). She's as much a "parasite" to the world's computers as the Martian AI was, I figure, but with a much different goal (for which the world can be grateful).

She is truly aware now, it seems, having experienced "hate" and "anguish". It'll be interesting how she interacts with Linda and Janey; my suspicion is that she'll be protective of the little "subsystem", though how she sees Linda will be a different matter (even if she uses Linda to "share" John). Her comment on the "worthless" P C-W shareware is eye-opening, but still, to be expected from past events.

And finally, we know what the bargain was! And John makes his decision at last-yay for "family" John! Now to get him to safety and reunited with his families.

Great work! Just waiting semi-patiently for the wrap-up.
Eternal Density chapter 69 . 8/13/2006
"The situation was certainly eerie enough to warrant desertion; all along their path, lighting and climate control activated themselves, cameras swiveled and doors slid open,"

heh, I knew what that meant right away!

An interesting chapter. It was good to see the demise of Stirling. John is now faced with several relationship issues to sort out. I don't really think he'd suit knighthood :P

Oh and it was interesting to get a descriptive tour of Stennis's base.
Tikatu chapter 69 . 8/13/2006
Yes! Penelope comes through! And the nasty Stirling is dead, killed by the one creature who could do it!

Now to wrap it all up, and figure out the terms between John and his various ladies-including Five. (And I wonder if that traditional-and possibly still valid-maritime law is applicable in the case of John and Linda's wedding.)

Waiting to see it all come together!
Agent Five chapter 68 . 8/10/2006
Fantastic scene with the John/Penny escape. Cheered when Stennis got his just desserts (and an appropriate one-liner from master tracy!). There's a hint at underlying tension there which intrigues me.

Lovely Janey bits. I like the description of T3. And Gord! What a love!