Reviews for Getting there
Little Miss Bump chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
That was a really nice way to kind of summerise 'Ordeal'. It's a sweet little side-along piece, and I'm glad you recommended it. I do love the original series of Thunderbirds, and the reference to the 'water mambas' really tickled my knowledge of the episodes. Actually, that happens to be one of my favourite episodes! Anyway, it was a really good story!
black4minister chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
oh that was a really good story too! i love the bit with the dolphins-and of course that s what he would look like to them. great fic!
Kaeera chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
Oh, wow - somehow, I must have overlooked that one (no surprise, with me barely on the internet anymore - ah, but it will be all over in a week, at least for now).

Anyway, this was just the perfect heart-warming story to read before I delve into studying again. I can so relate to Gordon, feel his pain and is disappointment in his body. It must be horrible to be so weak. Sometimes, when I'm swimming, I feel so much quicker and lighter than on land, same with the diving.

John was great. He knew that Gordon didn't need pity, but needed something to look forward to. Of course diving would be the perfect dream, and I love how you closed the circle by making Tin-Tin look like the photo.

The dolphins were awesome. I remember reading about them in another story. They're sure very clever, aren't there? Gordon doesn't show his pain, but in that little moment,m with the tears, you notice how much it must have cost him.

A wonderful little piece with wonderful insight and understanding. Great work - hope to see more soon :)
ms. imagine chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
I'm so sorry haven't reviewed this yet. Very inconsiderate of me.

This is so sweet...just a quick flash of a memory and then Gordon's back to work again. He's a loveable character and you write him well (love him teasing Tin Tin about water mambas) I could see this story playing out in my head - Gordon in the body cast was a particularly sad thought, though I think that my favourite part was:

"They see with sonar. My arms and legs must look like a mosaic to them, with all the fractures. They’ve probably never seen a human looking like that before.” He reached out a hand and tentatively stroked the head of the creature that was nosing him. “It’s OK, honey, it doesn’t hurt any more."

Aw, sniff! Very touching.

Congratulations on another outstanding story :)
mcj chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
Quiller,

I don't know how you do it but all your stories reflect the typical IR reaction. I need some lessons!

mcj
Kiki McCloud chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Wow! Great Story!
ejb chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
I loved Ordeal and this is a wonderful sequel. It's strange the way photographs and objects that are suddenly stumbled upon can evoke such memories. The part with Gordon and the dolphins was just excellent. Another first class story from you Quiller.
Lillehafrue chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
What a great story! your descriptions were so real that I could picture every scene in my head. The swimming with the dolphins was just the icing on the cake. Loved this!
Sam1 chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
That was absolutely wonderful. Everything was described so richly that I could just imagine Gordon going through his therapy and then being the interest of the dolphins and swimming with them. Absolutely beautiful.