Reviews for Her Name Was
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Hooray for House/Wilson bromance.

Thanks for writing.
kmariejs chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
What do you mean "you don't write"? This is fabulous! As is everything else of yours that I've read. Believe me, this stuff is way better than the crapfest the scriptwriters have been coming up with the past season.
Mufasa Lives On chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
This is so good! I like what you have done with all the wives!
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Okay, now the Drenched epilogue makes more sense.
schokolade chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
Wow, what a wonderfully written story. I haven't read any fics about Wilson. Can you believe it? He is such a wonderful character but he always gets overshadowed by House. Anyway, this story is a great backstory for Wilson's life and is a great analysis of his character and personality. The stucture is great with Wilson waiting at House's doorstep and recollecting all his relationships. Like the previous reviewer the use of and "she was perfect", "she had never been perfect", "thinking that she was perfect" really connected the whole thing together. Also, the different nicknames that are used by his different wives and you can see how that really reflects their relationships. I like House and Wilson's growing friendship and how it evolves and expands. I love the way you made a logical explanation for Wilson's 'indescretions' and it was very angsty but I like it. Especially the last parts with Julie. It was very strong and emotional. Also, you can deeply empathise with Julie - the whole sympathetic looks about the double standards that society still holds today. It's sad but one line I absolutely loved was "the mediocore was better than nothing, wasn't it?" House only makes very brief appearences in this but he ya'know he always has to have the last line. I can't believe you don't think you can write because this is an incredibly well written piece. It conveys so much emotion with the vivid descriptions you use. Just a note (I know it has been mentioned before and it must be very irritating to hear) but be careful about the minor typos and error. They are small and barely noticeable but if they are noticed they really do ruin the fluidity and conitnuity of the story. There were a couple of times where I just got distracted by a typo. Other then that it was very nicely written fic and I'm now very much in love with Wilson and I'm off to read your other fics!

-schokolade
gkpinkgrl chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
I really really like this fic!

I loved how you explained about Wilson's marriages, and how every wife called him something else. Jay, James, Jimmy.

You are such a good are only a few typos and you can barely even see them, because the story is so captivating.

There aren't enough Wilson fics on

Good job!
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 4/18/2006
What a fine backstory fic! I really enjoyed reading it. My favorite part was the way you did Wilson's view of House and Stacy's relationship.
Storm Medicine chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
I read this a few weeks ago and promptly forgot to review - my apologies.

I really enjoyed this. The structure of the piece was nicely done ("and she was perfect", "and she had never been perfect", "and for a time he fooled himself into thinking that she was perfect"), and you've got some amazing ideas about this relationship. Having read your profile and started in on your second fic, I'm becoming more and more impressed with your take on the characters (I'm like you in that I'll ship practically every pairing!).

What you really need, for both this fic and for 'Drenched', is a beta reader. You have a surprising number of typos/spelling errors (most noticed only on a second read-through), and, unfortunately, they do detract from the overall effect of the piece. I'm sure that there are many people out there who would be glad to help you out - your ideas are brilliant and you get them down on paper rather well.

(I'd offer my own beta-reading services, but finals are looming on the horizon and that makes me all sad inside.)

In any case, keep it up - I'm putting you on Author Alert, effective immediately. And if you ever want someone off of whom to bounce ideas, feel free to drop me a line (so long as said ideas don't have too many sharp, pointy bits, and said line isn't overly heavy and/or attached to a falling piano).

See you around!

-Kagen
March Hare chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
*dies* *resurrects* *dies again*

That was perfect. You detailed Wilson just perfectly, and you were able to explain his behavior toward Julie without making one or the other a villain. Just two lost and lonely people.

The timeline is exquisite and entirely plausible. I doubt the House writers could come up with a better and more cohesive one. Bravissima! Off to read the other story! Never stop writing for House!
rachbigbro chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
That was so sad. This line really got to me. "After 2 years, 10 months and 23 days of marriage, and over 6 years of loving her, she was gone." Made me want to cry. There isn't enough fanfiction about him and finding this was wonderful.
CandyFlossRain chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
xD

Couch Commando eh?

Sounds fun. :D

Great fic, I liked it. :3
caitythelioness chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this! Seriously! It was awesome! This is exactly the kind of Wilson fic I have been hoping for, I'm very, very glad that you decided to out your bunny! There are a few spelling and typos (check out the second paragraph, about the candles. I think your keyboard had a seizure.) Things like 'disdain' not 'distain' and 'heels' not 'heals', but I mean come on, who the f cares about them? (Excluding the anal retentive people, of which I am one. ;) ) Seriously, where the hell do you get off saying that you can't write? So, I take these classes and one of the main things that I've learnt is to not EVER apologise for any effort that you make. You have as much right to post your work on here as any other person. I don't care if you think you can't write. All I care about is what you do write, and believe me, what I have read is excellent. You certainly have my wholehearted congratulations on what is, once it has been tweaked and typos corrected, a wonderfully written and beautiful collection of words. Well done! :) I await for the next installment, don't delay! :)