Reviews for The Mills of the Dark
shieldmaiden19 chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Yikes...

This was really good. Dark (which I adore), well-written (which I cannot live without), but containing the death of my all-time favorite character. Darn you :P
becgate chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Great fic! !
Shadow131 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Highlighting quotes of glory:

"It taught me the truth, and let me tell you, Han, truth is precious in a galaxy where even the heroes die lying."

"Now Han Solo stared into those blue, blue eyes, and what stared back was far more terrifying than the eyes of a monster. It was the answer to his love's last question. It was the eyes of Luke Skywalker."

My God, you are amazing. It's so wonderfully, horribly twisted. I have very rarely seen a Dark Luke that is actually evil, and you do it very well. Normally he's full of pain and regret and self-loathing, but you capture a totally different spirit here and do it with the grace of a true artist. It would be interesting to know the details, the whys, of his turning, but not telling actually makes it better. Good for you and congratulations on a thumping good read.
HelioQueen chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
wow

wow

nice

good

great

FANTASTIC!

angst.

"What did I tell you last time, Han?"

Villain speaking

"I'll tell you a secret, old buddy, so you can die despairing,"

Old bubby - spooky.

ingredible, thank you!
Treenahasthaal chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Whoa! I don't think I've ever read such a black-hearted Dark Luke! Bravo!
KnightedRogue chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
This is truly fantastic. An interesting read with a heartbreaking end that just makes the reader want more. Beautiful and very powerful. I applaud you.
Catchy Turn chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Ooh, dark! That was quite a nice read, thank you so much for providing it! I really like it when Luke goes evil, it's rather cleansing. :P
SheWasFlying chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Oh my gosh! That was great! Sad, depressing, but otherwise great! I love the way you wrote it. I HAVE to add this to my favs.
Emerald Tiara chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
wow. you are seriously depressed.

really, really depressed.

and this is really sad.

happy?
2ndHandGuitar chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Omg this is wonderful. I love this story thread. I've been playing around with this kind of idea for the longest time, of Luke and Han tryng to (or pretending to) kill each other. Dark Luke is great. The ending is actually funny, at least to me. Cookies for you.

-Tavi
Pyxelle chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Very nice...er...bad...

Clarification: Very nice writing. Good evocation of emotions, interesting idea.

Bad, bad, bad Luke. (I love Dark Luke, though, so good there...)

I especially liked the last bit:

"What were you expecting? A happy ending"

Yes, actually...

*applauds*
Aladailey chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
This was horrible!

Actually, the story was quite good, and the writing, but it gave me such a horrible emotion.

I can't believe Luke! I think you captured pure evil so well, much better than I've read before: '"Pure evil doesn't chain the soul; it crumbles it, as lazily as rot eats a corpse." A sigh escaped Luke's lips. "You don't even notice until the day you wake up to find yourself blowing away on the wind, nothing but a fine gray dust."'

That was so powerful, such great imagery. As Han said, poetic.

I loved how you added nostalgia, and you worked in the flashbacks quite nicely.

:( You made me so sad, though. The ending was... well, wonderful but horrible at the same time... do you understand what I'm saying? I'm afraid I'm being confusing. Although, I think that if you just ended it with 'So the story finished at last.', it would be a little more powerful.

Great job at this. :)

- ala
SithSlayer chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Short, but complete. Twisted, very twisted. In fact, the most twisted story I've read yet. Twisted-but good. Almost like something I would write. Hm...