Reviews for A Decade
ChoppingBoard chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
i love your story. it made me cry :')
Artemis chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
This may be stupid, but please write more! WRITE MORE! WRITE PART TWO! *dies in anticipation* I LOVED IT! ah Alucard and Integra, I love them so, together! MORE PLEASE!
ElenaUnduli chapter 1 . 3/22/2006
Oh my! So romantic! So sweet! So original! I love this fic XD

Good job!
April chapter 1 . 3/8/2006
Long and beautiful. The perfect fiction childhood recollection of Integra. I'm one for fluffy moments... and when they are rare, it makes things all the merrier. More... realistic. )

Please continue this story! I love how you portray the characters of this anime!
Smarty Cat chapter 1 . 2/14/2006
Tut tut, love, you start off with a lie! You and I both know that you would rather have given it to Beck. LOL Thank you though. It's very nice.

I love the setup of it, with an incident occurring each year as Integra grows older. You've packed a ton of details into every scene too which is impressive. (Love the bits with her Norwegian admirer. That's a heck of a reason to take up smoking!) The dialect is great and it's lovely to see Integra with a sense of humor. I loved the line “If I submit it tomorrow, it should reach her within four years.” in particular. It made me snicker. You also throw in a few novel ideas for the fandom. I like the idea of Alucard changing his appearance because Integra changed hers. In all of the other fics I've read the white hair was associated with his starvation diet. This is a nice change though, and manga canon Alucard is a human shape shifter so it's very appropriate IMO. I squee-ed when he called her by name for the first time. I have a... thing... for first time name calling. It tends to reduce me to more of a spastic fangirl than I generally am. Integra's reaction to the alien nature of the kiss was very nice too. Alucard may be dangerously attractive at times, but he's still dead... which renders him a bit different than your average hot-blooded young male admirer. And, man, I have GOTTA get me an orgasm-inducing necklace! XD

And now on to some crit type things. (You did want crit type things too, right?)

Vlad Dracula's family was Catholic. The name Dracul comes from the Order of the Dragon, a knightly order founded by the Holy Roman Emperor. Vlad himself was a Catholic later in life. Or rather, he became a Catholic for political reasons. So he has been a Catholic, although likely not REALLY a Catholic.

Also, if I understood it correctly, the rosary belonged to Mina? But he had had it since he was a mortal? That's a wee bit impossible since he was a vampire when he met Mina...

a bullet would was far more serious

* wound

His voice coiled around her life an icy fog

as bright a shade of red as he own blood

* her

this room anyone’s but her father’s

* as anyone's

“You were too hard when there is nothing to work on, Master.”

* work too hard (?)

and he fell around her shoulders and down her back

* it

as use it as something to look at

* used

It was lie

* a lie

Her eyes narrowed at him as his playful tone

* at his playful tone

Perhaps that was Walter

* was what

since Alucard entrance

* Alucard's

It was a disadvantage place for a female

* disadvantaged, disadvantageous (?)

never coercive to business

* conducive (?)

she wouldn’t have to worry about the advanced by others

* advances (?)

Her presence may have startled her

* His

He’s the son of one of the other nights.

* knights

He tone was gruff.

* His

grip the thick comfort

* comforter

She deal with it is what she did this year, like the last.

* bit garbled there, yeah, love?

could had dressed more warmly for bed

* have

The monter’s voice was as smooth at the silk

* monster's, as smooth as

mission he needed his approval for.

* her approval (? unless you mean like the power clearance level things)

the released it

* then
mslcat chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
That was a damn good story.

I liked it alot. I liked watching how once grows into friendship and then how one grows apart. But like all good friends, you never really say goodbye.

excellent story.
bobalina chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
YAY! Most excellent! Keep writing! Peace out!

bobalina
the Black Rose chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
Wai! GG! Very well done. Very well. The dialogue was perfect, my dear. *HUGS*

I love it!

Rose
Honey Badger Don't Care chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
will u be writing more? oh please do so it was incredibly touching
Emma chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Wow. This is incredible! Most fanfictions make Alucard too slushy for his own good, but you've got his character pretty well! Only one thing - you need to spell-check a couple of times, but it's not a major thing. Wow.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Wow...that was really good. I haven't read many Van Helsing fanfics, but this was really really good. Great job on writing Integra with each passing year with Alucard. Loved the dialogue between those two. Great characterizations and a really interesting idea for the story. I loved how it ended. Very cute...as cute as a vampire and his master can be anyway :-p. Keep up the good work!
Dragonsdaughter1 chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Very well written! I look forward to seeing how this develops.