Reviews for A Cage For the Ivory Elephant
Leah N. Cross chapter 3 . 3/20/2016
this was not dumb at all but beautifully written
0nceup0natime chapter 7 . 5/29/2015
every time I stumble into the mary/dickon section of this website I always seem to gravitate to this fic if yours. I have probably read all 7 chapters of this five times at least...once every time I go through the secret garden section of ffnet. I do agave to say that I'm disappointed that it's been years since you've updated...I feel like you have a very strongb story set up so far and your characterization has been wonderful so far. if you ever have the urge to write more for this I hope you give in because I'd love to read more of this story :)
Fionamoi chapter 7 . 6/15/2014
its really interesting so far and really well put together
its poetic and meaningful and slightly old (writing) in all the right places
I don't know if you're going to update it or continue it or not, but I think you should because it would probably turn out great :)
(also you should put Martha and Colin together ;) )
please do update soon :)
PhantomWhispers chapter 7 . 12/29/2012
Wonderful story. I really hope to see more of it.

Great job!
PhantomWhispers chapter 6 . 12/29/2012
Awkward to attempt introducing a commoner to a Capitol person, eh?

Great chapter as always.
PhantomWhispers chapter 5 . 12/29/2012
Wonderful chapter. Du bont seems as though a particularly interesting and mysterious woman.

Great job!
PhantomWhispers chapter 4 . 12/29/2012
Dickon the spy. Slipping through shadows like a boss. Hehe.

Good job!
PhantomWhispers chapter 3 . 12/29/2012
Drama! Great job!
PhantomWhispers chapter 2 . 12/29/2012
Beautiful. I absolutely love your writing; the descriptions are top-notch.

As for your request, it will be ful-filled; but the date is unknown. Consider it done in the coming future!
PhantomWhispers chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Oh! Such a wonderful beginning!

I fear that once I am to begin this, I will cry, for you have not updated in such a long time!

Good job though!
A.J AL chapter 7 . 6/15/2012
This is a really great story and I wish you'd continue it! Its so sad you haven't since I was looking forward to more Mary and Dicken and unfortunately probably won't get to read any more from this story. You're really great at writing and should keep it up. Once again great story!
mrmistoffelees chapter 7 . 2/20/2012
Great job with the story so far. Can't wait to see Her Ladyship's reaction to Colin.
Silver Raccon chapter 7 . 12/1/2011
This is so beautifully written I just saw the 1987 secret garden where Marry end up with Colin and Dicken died in the war is was just not right. I always loved Dicken with his gentleness and mysterious magic! your descriptions are so poetic as well I can't wait to read more!
Inali Grimalkin chapter 7 . 5/28/2011
I am loving this story so much. It's the first Secret Garden fic I've ever read, but I think you are doing the characters amazing. I am so hoping Mary and Dickon somehow end up together, I may have to write up something myself lol. Can't wait for more -
weesh chapter 7 . 3/25/2011
sigh. I am so sorry that you stopped here: it was getting so interesting! Colin, Dickon, the yet to be seen Edward, and poor young Mary caught in the middle. You really created some sweet moments between the main characters and I love that you maintained Martha and Dickon's speech patterns from the book.

I only recently discovered fan fiction and this is the first from Secret Garden that I have stumbled across. I must go find more if they are like this.