Reviews for A Life Less Ordinary
SuNgLaSsEs-ChI'c chapter 1 . 7/24/2007
You really got John down just right!
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
I am so pleased to have found this little nugget of a story that spanned the bridge of time, from the death of Mary to the breaking free of Sammy, so fluently that you kept me totally enthralled. Wonderful look into the inner workings of John Winchester that even lends a sympathetic slants to his onesided obsession in all things demon hunting, because you help expose a more gentler real side to him when it comes to his boys, and even when he gets it wrong you know its because deep down he his deeply afraid of losing them. Wonderful read. Thankyou.
SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
Great line. Great story.

Demons flinch at God's name. Zombies can cross salt circles. Sam is allergic to bananas.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Very cool. Catch ya on the flip side.
Raiining chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
:: winks :: I love getting emails from the author. lol. Thanks for answering my questions! I hopped around google and got the show snopsis (sp?). And. Damn.

*sigh*

I SO have to watch that show.

But you know, if I don't it won't matter so much. Because your writing brings it alive anyways. This story was ... awesome. An awe-inspiring, heart-wrenching fic. It's beautiful, and sad, and so very, very real.

I declare myself a fan. There, its in writing. Unfortuntaely, I doubt the tv show could be as good as you are, so I'll have to weigh my hopes. But I'll keep watching for your fiction. Thanks for writing!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Wonderful.
Mellaithwen chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Wow, seriously you managed to keep me sympathising ever so slightly with John as well as throwing in plenty of moments when I wanted to slap the man. Very good work
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
Excellent, entrancing story, Mariner. Thank your for giving us a John who *is* doing all he can, and who loves his children very much. We like to forget how hard John's life must have been. This was a superb mix of heartache and hope.

Thanks for sharing,

emily
Kasey Clark chapter 1 . 1/23/2006
This was a really awesome fic! I love John Winchester stories, I think his character gets downplayed so any story involving him I'm hooked on! I wasn't sure if you were making him to be a good or bad guy though, which I sorta liked. I think he has so many sides, it's hard to tell if he's good or bad. He obvoiusly was able to raise two good children, but left them later on.

I liked at the beginning when you talked about John's lists. The mix of his family and his job was nice.

Overall it was excellent, I hope you write more stories like this.

Kasey