Reviews for Covet
irony882 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Very well written! This one-shot encompasses Mal's thoughts and personality very well!
Nr.Six chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Wow really beautiful!
Low down dirty. deciever chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
look I forgot one! I actually read this one before I had ever watched firefly. I was like what? It made me sad. I wanted him to get her. Because coveting ain't that bad. But now that I know their 'situation' I want it even more. Also, beautifully written. But what else was it going to be. And even for me with my weird bias towards you pshh. so purty. keep writing. pun intended.
AgentRusco chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
good stuff indeed
canthereisto chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
I really liked that story, you really nailed down the way Mal is!

Ava
Ithilwen K-Bane chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
Perfect tone, perfect word choice, perfect conflict. Mal's mind and Inara's semblance: both works of art.
jellybean chapter 1 . 2/11/2006
I think you've captured mal really well.

nice!
The Noble French Fry chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
Oh, I loved it. It was great and portrayed Mal's thoughts very well. The one bit of advice I offer is bumping the rating up to K because of the reference to "ripping her clothes off" that you make.
anonymous chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
Wonderful! I aboslutely enjoyed it! The way you wrote it was just so Mal!
Goldy chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
GAH!

So. Mal.

I can easily see him thinking ALL of those things in regards to Inara. Perfect. Spot on. Nailed it.
KBecks87 chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
wow. i really liked that. real shiny!
Vampbarbie chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Really nice.

Love the last 2 lines.
Agent Rouka chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Oh, this is god!

Very sensual and tense and full of that helpless bitter greed he has for her. I could practically taste it.

"til she was branded with crooked bad guy and simplicity and him."

Love, lovely line.

*swinging pocket watch*

You need to write more Mal/Inara and Mal POV. You want to write more of these. It is your one duty.

*snap*

Thank you for the lovely read!
Skychaser chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Wow, that was awesome. Excellent, excellent little vignette.

Such a hunger, a need, and almost an ache from Mal that is undescribable. I love the imagery and the personification in this story:

"Sophistication rolls off her like heat waves" and "the wine red paint on her lips". It makes me feel Inara, feel the things that are her life, and it's consuming.

I also love how Mal just wants to "muss her up" because that's the one thing she's never been around him. Dirty. Unclean. Not perfect. Just her. He seems like the only one who can get to the 'true' Inara, and that infuriates her. But it's so good.

I do think this is my favorite line in the entire passage: "...part of him wishes he could call out and tell her to stop, rush down the stairs and muss her up real good with his hands and his lips ‘til she was branded with crooked bad guy and simplicity and him."

I love how he refers to her as branded with "him" so that she can't be touched by another man without feeling something is wrong or without them knowing that she's his. It's so elegant and perfect.

If I haven't already expanded your ego to the size of a house, just know that I LOVE this. It is so Malcolm. And that's what makes it great.

Wen hao

Skychaser
The Letter Atrophy chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Nice xD A somewhat distant and unusual look on the tentative pairing that is MalInara... hehehe.