Reviews for Operator
swandreamer chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
What I like about Ryoga is he does stands up for Ranma at times. D They really are good friends and rival. Well, this was a nice reading. He just needed someone to listen to... though I was hoping he dialled actually the correct number and Akane was in the other line.. and then that's the only time she finally knows how Ryoga felt about her with all the confession and stuff. D
claymade chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Very sad and touching character piece. The narrative device of the operator was a very well-chosen one, allowing him the chance to spill his feelings in a way that was directly related to what he was trying to accomplish. Very good stuff.
iloveamushroom chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
aw, man! this almost made me cry! [i'm weird like that :P] anyway, it's a really nice fic! and the whole -operator- thing...it was so sad...all the emotion of an unrequited love was here...keep it up!:)
Zovesta chapter 1 . 12/8/2006
WTF?
TaShYrEi chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Ranma really wasn't my thing...But I tried giving it a shot. As for me, I've hated Akane for...well, ignoring Ryouga and sticking with Ranma who just seemed to disregard her...I've always clenched my teeth as how Ryouga was never given a fair chance with her-and as for the battle scenes, they never let him taste the sweetness of victory. He was often up for show just to be mocked and be the butt of the joke. I mean, don't you ever think it's unfair that Ranma always wins? I know he may be the main character in the series, but then it starts to get old.

Anyway, on to the fic. Reading this justified my hatred for both Ranma and Akane even more. Poor, poor Ryouga. I can just understand how he feels.
The Dude Slayer chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
After finishing this story I found myself feeling as though I were standing next to the phone with Ryoga. The words were his but they were those of a more mature and learned Ryoga.

I felt that as he place the phone down I wanted little more than to steer him to the nearest tavern and buy him as many drinks as he could handle.

You succeeded in capturing the pain and sincerity of this character far better than anticipated.

May you continue with such well written works.
Anonymous Chibi chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
I loved reading this. I really did.

I've always been kind of annoyed how Ryouga never got his fair chance with Akane, and whenever he got a chance to be with her, the entire episode was a farce and basically poked fun at him...

I liked the serious-ness of this fanfic, and Ryouga's voice was very evident in it. Which made it seem more realistic and perfectly in character. It kind of sums up Ryouga's feelings on just about everything. Resolves them even.

I especially enjoyed the part where Ryouga talks about sleeping with Akane as a pig. The topic was confronted and resolved, and even had a bit of humor added.

On the overall, I honestly enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for writing it!

- Chibi
Ronin-N-Gang chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
*This one time, he got really weak, and I couldn’t stand to see him being beaten on by anyone else. I actually stuck my neck out for him, and even went so far as to train with him to make him powerful enough to beat me again. Talk about an idiotic masochist, huh? I could have finished him off myself, joined in with the whole bandwagon who was out for Ranma’s blood. Instead, I backed him up. And kept doing it. I’ve even helped him fight an immortal.* Isn’t that much true? Ryoga is too kind for his own good at times… but I guess that is why we all love him so much. It’s just too bad Ryoga can’t find a person who’d be his Mrs. Right…

*Sometimes, I pretend that the wedding never happened. It was horrible, after all. Oh, don’t get me wrong. It was a wonderful, beautiful ceremony. But swallowing my pride and accepting defeat, watching Akane, utterly radiant in her wedding gown, marry Ranma was the worst moment of my life. We ruined their first attempt at a wedding, though. Even Shampoo, that crazy Amazon, realized just how furious the two of them were at us.* That’s kind sad when both Ranma and Akane are mad enough that even Shampoo gets the idea… I really feel bad for Ryoga though. Try as he might, he may never have anything in life without someone/something taking it away from him…

*But dropping by in person would be too painful, I think. I’m not ready for that just yet. Besides, with my sense of direction, I’d probably take another couple of years to find the place.* Knowing Ryoga, he’s probably calling them from inside their own house without even noticing it…
pinkythesnowman chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
...Wow. So Ryoga actually has feelings. I always thought he was just after Akane because Ranma was, too. He never seemed the type to like girls, either.

Alright, I think I'm done with fanficiton for the night.

Later!
Kago-chan90 chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
danm you really have a nad for telling a point of view of Ryoga lik that i mean i haven't read anything lik that before! Hope you keep on writting lik this!

Kago-chan_90
Talent Scout chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Good story and I liked the way near the beginning and the end you put in a lyric or two from a 60's (or was it 70's) song.
Hououza chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
Beautiful story.

I like how you showed Ryoga's side of things, a different way of looking at events.

Good luck & best wishes,

Hououza
alanna28 chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
It would have been more interesting if you added the operator's response at the end of Ryoga's remarks. That could've clinched up the whole thing with some other refreshing perspective. Poor Ryoga..!