Reviews for When I Fall
ArchlordV chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
I recently saw "Mad Love" myself, and I agree with you: it is a very deep episode. Your fic is an excellent reflection of the aftermath. I don't know why, but personally I've always sort of liked the idea of an older Robin (or Nightwing) and Harley pairing. I think it's just because they are both dedicated sidekicks to the two best know arch-nemesises ever and that it would be very interseting. Once again, awesome story and I hope you keep writing!

"It soon became clear to me that the Joker, so often described as a raving, homicidal madman, was actually a tortured soul crying out for love and acceptance...a lost, injured child trying to make the world laugh at his antics..."

Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Mad Love
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
Poor Harley... Indeed. It has to be hard on Batman, seeing the Rogues that could turn out allright going back to their obsessions and madness, and all he can do is stop them, and start the cycle over again.

I dunno, I just think that Batman and Harley would do well together in a relationship. They could, as it were, understand and help eachother heal over what they've both been through. Not nessecarily romance, just, you know... A relationship. A positive one.

And gah, I am sick of all the Joker/Harley stories! The people who write them are as deluded as Harley herself! The Joker loves no one but himself. He's a nutball who uses people for his insane schemes. I don't think he's even capable of love, or of most other admirable human qualities. Not anymore.
TonyStarkakaIronMan chapter 1 . 4/13/2006
Excellent. Short, sweet, and hard to beat. Harley's story has always been a highlight of the Batman series. Too bad she nevered appeared in Justice League (I don't think she was in that Royal Flush Gang story, anyway). Thanks for all of your kind reviews in my stories.
Jen-Bot chapter 1 . 4/12/2006
I always wanted to write a fic for this episode looks like you beat to the punch anyway I still love this story and look forward to more of your work.
crash chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
Brilliatly written, I lvoe Harley fics. and her only being able to snap out of her crazed love for the joker being him tossing her out of that building is brilliant. I love how you wrote her character, she seems to see more of what other people see when they look at the joker now. Though i did get a kinda batharl vibe (which is cool) near the end. you think she'll start obsessing over batman and dressing as one herself?

Oh well again i say beautiful. you seem to have a great grasp of the show (or at least that episode) and that character. Right On Write On!

Crash
Darth-Rockwell chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Wow you nail it perfectly. Way to go. Live the end “Poor little fool” awesome awesome. Like some one said all the more tragic cause we know she goes back. Great job keep the stories coming.
Fiona Fargazer chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Very well done. I enjoyed it and even if you had not said it wasn't a Bat/Harls thing or whatever I would not have thought it was. She's just realizing the sad sad truth and as Bat put it, "poor little fool."

Fiona Fargazer
The BatThing chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
Wow, that was a good read.

I hate Harley and the Joker, so I was a little on edge when I started to read this - but in the end I'm glad I did.

I always feel really bad for Harley in that episode, how she gets tossed out the window. It's really - awful.

I like how you made Batman feel sorry for her, care a little. I think it'd be hard to be him, with that kind of work.

And what makes this fanfic all the sadder is that we know she goes right back with him.

-Cas
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
Awesome fic! I loved it.
Silo666 chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
man more
DC Lady chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
Very nicely done. Just love how you're portraying Bats and Harley, here. Harley is a poor little fool...